1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fapping makes a human coward

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rador, Aug 16, 2020.

How many of you feel fapping makes a man coward?????

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

So it's day 18 guys I'm feeling very low. Guys could you tell is this happening to me only or does it happens to anyone else

2. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Not masturbating doesn't do anything to regulate emotions, so there is no connection between flapping and how you feel (aside from your own mental constructs like feeling guilt for masturbating and such). So it is something else going on in your life making you feel low.

Rador likes this.
  3. Caparazo

Caparazo New Fapstronaut

I don't think people are cowards for masturbating. I think it's a common way to calm down an instinct, but unless masturbation is done to the point that your brain becomes insensitive to serotonin and dopamine, chances are that low confidence can't be attributed solely to masturbation and that perhaps one needs to reevaluate the problem to find out the other things that are causing low levels of confidence.

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  4. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

I don't know about you but it's true with me.

nirav2696 likes this.
  5. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

No, it isn't true with you man. You have lifeboated nofap as the solution to your lack of self confidence and are thusly noticing a placebo effect. I would normally leave well enough alone, but trying to spread this as some kind of truth is counterproductive to everyone else on this forum.

It would be more beneficial if you were to question *why* not masturbating has helped you feel more confident. Is it because you have succeeded at a task you thought wasn't possible, for a whole 20 days? Is it because you have some spiritual belief that you now feel more inline with and less of a hypocrite because you aren't masturbating?

Confidence is a mental construction, it is based on your interpretation of the world or more accurately, how you think people interpret you. Questioning why you think masturbation is bad to begin with would help answer why you suddenly think everyone around you will think of you better.

This is not a result of nofap, this is a result of self perception.

6. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

You seem to be looking a nofap from a western science point of view which is very mechanical. In Chinese medicine semen is described as life force or jing. When a man is full he becomes fearless, not only of other people but also of any situation, because a man who is full of life force and is able to control and keep that powerful energy inside himself and let it sit inside himself for weeks or months without draining his enegy is a man on the edge, he will fight. If he wanted to use this force for badness then he could, he could do alsorts of evil things. If he wanted to steal your wife as an example then he would probably try to, most men I know on this path use it only for the good, me included. I personally consume foods that increase my sex drive, I eat goji berries, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, these superfoods increase my drive and feel even more fearless.

nirav2696 and Rador like this.
  7. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Eastern medicine has it's value. What you describe is *still* emotional and based on sex drive, it is not because semen is getting magically reabsorbed into your body and making you a super human.

8. Jarad999

Jarad999 Fapstronaut

Yeah i do feel like a coward sometimes when i think about fapping every day all day. Even though i'm a kid fapping crazy and trying to abstain from pmo as much as possible, it still gets to me that when i think about me fapping to artifical girls and not talking to real girls, it makes me feel like i'm a coward and not actually talking and making friendships.

I hate this addiction.

9. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

Bro I seriously don't know about you, but it's true with me. I'm literally feeling like a real man. I never got this kind of feeling before my 20 days streak. According to ayurveda if you preserve semen for 12 year it'll nourish your body and brain cells in such a manner that no medicine can ever do it. Semen is like engine oil in the car not gasoline.

10. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Simply miss-attribution.

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  11. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

Read about ayurveda you'll get to know about it.

nirav2696 likes this.
  12. Der Drachenkönig

Der Drachenkönig Fapstronaut

I do not know your definition of coward. But if you're asking me that doesn't necessarily make a person a coward as everyone has their own set of circumstances and each person is a world. It's dangerous to jump to conclusions.

13. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Well, the wiki immediately says there is no scientific evidence to prove that Ayurvedic medicine can treat or cure cancer, or any other disease.

But either way, what I have stated can be backed if you care to research actual studies on semen retention. You will find that the only real explanation for your experience is a mental/emotional shift.

14. Steppingintotheunkown

You believe everything Wikipedia tells you?

15. Steppingintotheunkown

Why would you say that? Sperm is reabsorbed into the body, it's going to effect us.
    Just read about semen retention not nofap, specifically semen retention, read the many experiences of men who practice semen retention they all feel super human. The Taoists as an example.

When I retain my semen I get this very strong feeling of literlarly not caring at all what people think of me, I get the same feeling like I'm drunk, I just do not care. It's more than self confidence, I am a confident person even when I do ejaculate, it doesn't turn me into a wimp. But when I hold my seed for 30+ days Its another level.

Still this is something you have to discover yourself, I can talk about it for ages, but you have to experience it yourself.

16. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

Exactly. I completely agree with you. It's something that none can tell, It can be experienced by the way.

nirav2696 likes this.
  17. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

Bro at least try for 90 days before jumping to conclusion. In the name of research you have just read few articles from internet. On other hand it's my experience of 20 days I'm feeling like a tiger brave and bold. I'm not here to argue with you. It's something that you have to experience it.

nirav2696 likes this.
  18. Kramum

Kramum Fapstronaut

Of course I do.

19. Rador

Rador Fapstronaut

So guys it's been 23 days I'm feeling very energetic and amazing. My social anxiety is reducing everyday thanks to Nofap and NoPmo. I'm determined to complete 90 days.

nirav2696 likes this.
  20. nirav2696

nirav2696 Fapstronaut

Yeah brother, you are absolutely right about this, I really like your opinion with this.

Rador likes this.