1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I had a major fight with my wife yesterday. I felt flooded and shut down. I’ve been trying to avoid PMO and unhealthy eating because they are linked for me and core ways that I avoid uncomfortable experiences and emotions. I went and got fast food. I now need to be careful to not do it again and also not give myself excuse to PMO.

2. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

me too - big fight with wife. now struggling to stay clean

3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

We have to know that big fights are temporary. They are normal part of marriage. I have to handle fights without PMO because the fights will always be there and my only option to get clean is to change how I react.

Stay strong man! Try to soothe yourself in a healthy way if needed.

persona2903 and tonyk1982 like this.
  4. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

checking in. back to day one. Now, I know I can make it to 10 days no problem if I want. But why does 10-14 days seem to be my peak. It’s like someone on the track team running the mile, and they can get down to 5 minutes flat, but they just cannot seem to get below that (even though they have the potential to).

What is holding me back?

5. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Excellent advice. Thanks for the encouragement.

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  6. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

There are periods that are difficult for us. We have to know that on those days we have to take extra care to put ourselves in safe and healthy positions.

For me, it used to be day 4, 10, 18, 30, 60. Lately it’s been the weekends so every day 3, every 10.

Today I had a wonderful day with my wife. We fought this week but went out and had some adventures today and really enjoyed our time together. It felt like we were partners.

tonyk1982 and persona2903 like this.
  7. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I had some erotic dreams last night. I can feel the temptation and urge in my body today. This feeling will pass. Luckily I won’t be alone much today either.

persona2903 likes this.
  8. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

9. Starting a new yoga routine 12 postures that helps with Transmutation of sexual energy :)

1 month away from reaching a new milestone - :) Deeply grateful.

Attached Files:

10. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Anything you can add to your check in about what is working or not working for you?

persona2903 likes this.
  11. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

12. Inspired2chg

Inspired2chg Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join the group.

persona2903 likes this.
  13. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 29 - a calm last night and morning so far. At least for this present moment, my mind seems to be clearing a bit of the PMO storms (by this I mean imagery, memories of P that would present in my mind as objectified parts of women's bodies, which would urge me to look at more of that and then act out). The concept of objectification is significant in my mind, and I'm just thinking through this now. It seems that addressing the root cause of this focus on particular female body parts disconnected from the rest of her overall human being may be helpful. A body part does not exist on its own; it is attached to a person, that person should be respected. Maybe if I can take that P image and immediately relate it to the person overall (not in a sexual way) it might become less of a trigger. Kind of reprogramming my P memories, or even current P-sub images such as in person or other media, to disconnect the previous thought pattern of what would happen in those situations. But, I go back to my IRL situation with an attractive wife who meets my physical ideal and how that ramps up my desire when I look at her. This IRL environment has to be managed so as not to cause the objectification and subsequent behavior pattern. I'm four months into nofap journey and these are the more complex issues I'm facing, that I didn't even know about when I started. Stay strong today everyone.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Inspired2chg and ANewFocus like this.
  14. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Checking in. Nothing to really add. For the last week have been off course PMO once a day; but I’m back on track now to give it another ago. This time around the main thing I’m adding is getting to bed about 90-2hours sooner.

15. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Today is a hard day. I had a fantasy of a colleague in dreams last night. Then I had stressful work calls all day. Resentments at work are difficult to me. I hate losing at work. These days are always difficult because I want to self soothe. But that is not an option and I am accepting that.

Inspired2chg and persona2903 like this.
  16. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Weight training is going good. But I’m learning that, to gain muscle, I’m not eating nearly enough. In fact, I might be losing muscle because I’m losing weight. If you haven’t done before, it’s harder than it sounds: gaining weight while eating healthy foods. Any fool can gain weight by eating junk food. But when eating healthy, much harder. But still, a good and fun problem to have. Gotta start stuffing my face; we should all have that problem. Oh wait, we already do, that’s why 75% of the world is fat.

persona2903 likes this.
  17. Dex66

Dex66 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

persona2903 likes this.
  18. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Welcome to @MrWhite551 and @Dex66! You're in and can see your positions on post #1. It is a good habit in this accountability group that those who enter show up with something about themselves.

19. Inspired2chg

Inspired2chg Fapstronaut

thanks for adding me. I’m 36 and single. Really into sports and weightlifting. Been on the site since Sept. Lost a 27 day no PMO streak this week.

20. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

About to do a 30-day streak. You can do it.

RightEffort and Inspired2chg like this.