Can you tell me some things about Christianity?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Hi guys,

I can’t figure out some things about Christianity. Can you tell me why people should worship God? Why do people need to submit to God? Why is God right? What is his purpose? How do we know that the bible is true? Who created the bible? How did God come into existence? How do we know God is real? How can we believe without seeing him? What is the ultimate purpose of belief? What is the outcome of believing in Christianity? What are the consequences of not believing in Christianity? These are all questions I am just to find the answer to, not to offend.

ADMG and Roady like this.
  2. Do your own research. I know I sound like an asshole and blah blah but honestly there aren't many people who can give you a good answer to your questions. I might be able to blabber something but it's not worth the effort. Read the Bible and other sources. Seek and you will find. Not all Christians are experts on Christianity in that way. Like not all who belive in science are not experts on that field.

SickSicko likes this.
  3. Knowledge shared is power multiplied.

4. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

God is the universe and the universe is us. Religious folks are not actually giving themselves up to some external entity. They are giving themselves up to the energy that lies within all of us. "God" the word is the manifestation of the energy that we have within ourselves. This is the word that is shared within one of the most prominent languages of the world. It feels so good to feel that energy within. People want to share that with everyone, but when nobody wants to share in that light they don't know how to deal with it. I believe those who try to force others to into their religion (everyday practices) feel the fear that they will lose that light because it is up to us to share that light. The fear of losing that light is why people become aggressive. Instead of religious people allowing that energy to radiate itself, they sabotage it be trying to control it. We cannot really put to words the energy behind "God" because you can't hold water. It is what it is. Why then, do people go to great lengths to spread the light when it spreads itself? Fear of losing the light, or interference by "the devil", is also the energy that lies within us all. When you put it into words and into a book you lose the true meaning because we humans are bound by biological constraints, we are spirits in human form.

PeterGrip and {Ananta} like this.
  5. He asked about Christianity not about new ageism.

6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Call it what you want, but what I described has ties to all religions.

7. It has nothing to do with the Bible and Christianity. Do what ever you please, I wouldn't recommend that, but don't spread false information.

8. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

What's false about it? Why do you know its false? Did you disprove it? Do you know what the implications are? Did you think about it past, "this isn't in the resources that I've read"? This isn't in the area of study that humans continue to divide up indefinitely.

They asked a question in a public forum so I presented my opinion. If you don't agree with it just ignore it. You don't possess the power to judge it as false just because you know some definitions.

9. You can believe what you want but that has nothing to do with Christianity. The Bible doesn't mention that kind of stuff so it isn't Christian. And that is the truth wether you choose to or not to believe in the true Christian God.

10. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

You don't know the truth. I don't know the truth, but you have absolutely no right to say that what I believe is false. No right whatsoever.

11. How you know

12. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

You forgot the biggie, why is there suffering? And following on from that, why is it that the better person you are, the kinder, more thoughtful, the more you put others before yourself, the more life seems to grind you into the dirt, you suffer more: and the more selfish, egotistical, narcissistic you are, well then you are regarded with wealth fame success etc...? Like...couldn't God have fixed it so at least good people prosper, and bad people suffer? No. The opposite seems to be true. Hmmm.
    Religion evolved to answer questions like this that seemingly were unanswerable. They didn't provide an answer then, they dont provide an answer now.
    If Christianity is true, heck I wanna be part of it. My whole life ive been looking for something to hang faith on, but all I keep finding are more and more reasons to believe it not true, none of it.
    Check out Bart Ehrman who is exposing the bible for what it really is.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  13. Becuase I read the Bible. Why is it that all the people that don't read the Bible know the most about the Bible?

Now that I have came back to this thread already multiple times why not answer your questions briefly and the best I can. Though I'm not the guy who knows how to talk about this.

Can you tell me why people should worship God? Because God is the holiest being there is. He made all of us and He wants us to worship Him. Like your boss wants you to take orders from him. Your boss has authority over you. God has even more authority over you so you must obey Him even more. And it's not a bad thing. It's a good thing.

Why do people need to submit to God? I kind of already answered to that. But to add we were made to submit to God. We are the children, God is the Father. Wouldn't you want your children to submit to you? Yes you would. Of course with us and God we don't out grow Him, at least when we are here on the earth. God is responsible for us so we must submit because you can't be responsible for something you have no authority over.

Why is God right? He is the morale. He is the highest being there is. You have morale written in your heart and you know it. God did it. So basically you know God is right.

What is His purpose? This I can't comprehend. I have thought about it but it is so mega large idea that I have no grasp over it. Maybe someone out there knows.

How do we know that the Bible is true? You see, in the OT (confirmed old texts) are many prophesies about Jesus. These texts have been proven by historians to be 100's or 1000's of years older than Jesus. And when Jesus was alive (Jesus is a confirmed fact, wether you believe in His miracles or not.) he fulfilled all those prophesies.

Who created the Bible? God. The Holy spirit inspired multiple people to write the Bible. So it is from God.

How did God come into existence? That I have no idea about.

How do we know God is real? Because of Jesus and the Bible. You can also feel Him yourself. Another thing is universal morale.

How can we believe without seeing him? See the answers above.

What is the ultimate purpose of belief? To follow God and his commandments. Believing in Him, in Jesus, it cleanses you from all of your sins as well as gives you the strength to fight bad in the world and in yourself. And because He is the highest most intelligent being who created you wants you to.

What is the outcome of believing in Christianity? Eternal life in a sinless world. I mean you get it. It will happen regardless if you believe or not but to be part of it you have to believe. Also you get the Holy spirit when you repent.

What are the consequences of not believing in Christianity? The lake of fire.

Hope I somehow helped you.

Roady, Axesteel and Deleted Account like this.
  14. I really do agree with Christian morality, especially with the emphasis on altruism and stable families. But I cannot bring myself to believe in the supernatural aspects. What's the evidence for all the miracles in the Bible? Some stories are just plain myths, like creation in 6 days and the flood. Others are anecdotes about people who really taught mankind important lessons, like Abraham, Moses and Jesus himself, but the miracles are better explained as rumours treated too seriously. The Greeks, the Egyptians and the Mayans also had magical stories about their cultural heroes, but we are not inclined to believe them.

15. I would challenge you to pick up a copy of the Bible and begin with reading the Gospel of John.

Questions to challenge yourself could be...Who was Jesus? What did Jesus say about love? Did he himself demonstrate love? How? How does Jesus say we should treat others? What is Jesus saying when he declares, “I am the way and the truth and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through me.”? What is the biblical definition of “Faith” (which is covered extensively in the book of Hebrews.)? Why is faith in Jesus Christ important? What does that even mean?

Explore and have fun, my friend!

16. You did answer my question

17. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Real Crusades History best youtube channel ever!

Axesteel likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Christians believe that God gave humans free will. This ultimately led to Adam and Eve being cast from the perfection of Eden into an imperfect world where they would suffer and toil and eventually die. Later on, Jesus suffered and died to free us from sin. To cut a long story short, suffering and internal and external struggle is an integral part of Christianity, or at least an important part of its message, which I think a lot of people who criticise Christianity dont fully understand. I also see this a lot when people say things like "If God is real why cant we prove that he exists?" The people who say this think they are making a valid point when they really arent, because the concept of undying faith in something you CANNOT prove is once again a key tenet of the religion, and in fact a key tenet of most major religions.

I urge people confused by these aspects to read a book called "Silence" by a Japanese Christian called Shusaku Endo. In the book, a Jesuit priest is pushed to near breaking point when he has to choose between renouncing his belief in God, or sticking to his personal faith and belief in doctrine, which will result in his flock being killed. The moral dilemma the book presents is truly fascinating, and I will not spoil the outcome but it really delves deep into the concepts of suffering and the morality of God. The books title is in fact referring to the silence of God when people pray to him for relief from their own suffering, and he does not answer.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  19. Little Prince

Little Prince Fapstronaut

Honest answers, no mockery

Can you tell me why people should worship God?
    For most it’s the religion they grew up into, for a few it’s what they got fooled into.

Why do people need to submit to God?
    God is evil and treats people like slaves. If you prefer the christian phrasing, God is all powerful, all knowing, he made every single person, knows them, loves everyone and is the only path to salvation from eternal torture in hell. Only by accepting his knowledge and love can you save yourself.

Why is God right?
    Of course he’s not. There are thousands of gods and even among Christians there are tens of thousands of versions. Check christian denominations if you want to, it’s ridiculous.

What is his purpose?
    Undefined. Religious people are going with don’t ask hard questions man.

How do we know that the bible is true?
    We know the bible is not true by reading the bible. It’s full of contradictions and I don’t mean tiny things but major differences between what people say about Jesus and what Jesus himself supposedly said.

Who created the bible?
    Random people throughout thousands of years. It all started in ancient Egypt with the old gods, check Jesus and Horus if you want, it’s pretty much the same story with some random add ons.

How did God come into existence?
    There are literally thousands of other made-up gods. Christianity is the most popular religion because they have killed anyone opposing it for centuries. Remember the dark ages, Spanish Inquisition, burning of the witches?
    I’m not saying they still kill people, it’s just how it gained popularity.

How do we know God is real?
    It’s not, in fact science has proven that nothing supernatural exists, life has evolved and not been created and all religions are bullshit.

How can we believe without seeing him?
    Evidence says it does not exist.

What is the ultimate purpose of belief?
    God loves you, personally, so much that he wants to offer you a chance to not have to suffer forever after you die. Which only happens because he decided you should be punished for what the first 2 people he created did although they didn’t know any better and he supposedly is all knowing so he would have known this would happen.

What is the outcome of believing in Christianity?
    Not being tortured for infinity after death.

What are the consequences of not believing in Christianity?
    Eternal torture.

20. Deus Vult!

Queek The HeadTakker likes this.