1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayers Needed

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. 1Peter5:8

1Peter5:8 Fapstronaut

All,
    I've been in a real roller coaster lately, I'll go a week or so really well no lust issues at all then I'll have a setback and then I'm back to ok for a week or so. Two nights ago I had a very graphic sexual dream about a women not my wife. I know this women, I don't find her all that attractive but the dream was still arousing none the less. I know we can't control or dreams, but it definitely got me stirred up. Short version I allowed it to fester in my mind and fell to PMO today. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't a purposeful attack from the 'enemy'. Maybe it was just coincidence. Either way, I'm trying will be going to confession on Friday. But getting tired of not being able to get this for good!

!mkj! and Gallade_Templar like this.
  2. That doesn't seem particularly fair. We don't know that he wasn't praying, but the Enemy is very devious.

I do believe dreams can be attacked by spiritual powers. I like to invoke the protection of my guardian angel every night right before I fall asleep. Who better to fight off a fallen angel than an angel who still lives in the light of the Beatific Vision? The Prayer to St. Michael has also been a great source of strength to me lately.

How was confession, @1Peter5:8 ? I hope you were able to make it!

!mkj! likes this.
  3. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I had dreams similar to that all the way back to puberty. Lord have mercy.
    I think they probably do come from the evil one. God only permits him to do what in the end is for our benefit. So it's probably a good idea to ask Our Lord what He is saying by allowing that into our lives. His ways are above our ways and His thoughts are above our thoughts.
    (Cf. Isaiah 55:8-9)

I'm praying for you, brother.

Gallade_Templar likes this.
  4. 1Peter5:8

Yes praying is not my issue, I am in constant prayer. I have been on a path of righteousness, getting better, resistance however you want to put it for coming up on two years now. There have been good stretches and bad. But usually only about 10 days. Then I get caught in some weakened state. Stress, Tired, Anger, Bored and I fail. Lately the P part has started to creep back in more. I do have convenant eyes, but still no accountability partner.

!mkj! likes this.
  5. 1Peter5:8

@Mr Eko ok, I'll bite. I don't know if your comment is confidence, smugness or something else (please take that as intrigue, not rudeness). And while I do fail, I also succeed a lot too. But I would like to continue the conversation with you. Unfortunately, phone conversations aren't an option, but you can Inbox message me or email me. I'll repeat though, prayer is not my issue, but perhaps not praying enough is. I pray daily and often throughout the day, but your point is quite valid. After praying those 40 times, sometimes the 41st is what gets me. I do have a lot of fight in me, but I have a lot of weakness as well.

@Gallade_Templar as far as confession, I had a work meeting come up so I didn't get to go. I was gonna go today, but had another meeting run long. So...Im' definitely going Wednesday. I think that's partly why this week has been a little rougher, I failed and haven't had the chance to get to confession.

!mkj! likes this.
  6. Be sure to make it a priority, but at the same time don't make yourself stress about it. God knows what's in your heart and He sees that desire to be reconciled to Him. All the best!

!mkj! likes this.
  7. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for a complete healing for my brother 1Peter5:8. Mother Mary, in the name of Jesus, please crush the heads of all evil spirits involved in this and drive them away never to return. Amen

8. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

Brother Echo, it's presumptuous to say he wasn't praying. Your opinion might be based on your experience, but you should allow the Holy Spirit to work in His own unrestricted way with each individual without interfering with accusations you have no way of knowing are true. I pray for you, brother. Be at peace.

9. 1Peter5:8

Good news I did make it to confession yesterday. Definitely was a good thing.

Gallade_Templar and !mkj! like this.
  10. 1Peter5:8

@Mr Eko I appreciate your inputs, and I have found that in this struggle, is this battle, in this war for our souls against THE tempter it's a fight. Some have stronger wills, some need prayers and support. I'm glad your system works. But.... please don't hijack my thread. A week ago I was merely asking for prayers. This week has been good for me. I prayer for all the brothers and sisters on here equally. Everyone has demons they deal with. If not lust, there are many others.

I'm glad your system works for you, that's fantastic. But I sense judgement from you, which is not a good place to support others from either. Just saying....

!mkj! and Gallade_Templar like this.
  11. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut