1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex vs Masturbation

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by EnuffIsEnfuff, Oct 18, 2020.

1. EnuffIsEnfuff

EnuffIsEnfuff Fapstronaut

Is sex considered a relapse even though it's sex and not masturbation? Doesn't "no fapping" refer to refraining from masturbation? Sex is not masturbation, sex is intercourse. I'm just trying to get a clear understanding because I can refrain from masturbation, but that isn't the same as intercourse. I'm not trying to be difficult or challenging, but trying to get a clear understanding and to see if we're all on the same page.

Venkat19 likes this.
  2. EnuffIsEnfuff

Basically, if I am having intercourse, does that mean I've relapsed?

3. Oliver Gunter

Oliver Gunter Fapstronaut

4. It's up to you. If you want to consider it a relapse then go ahead, if not, then don't. Nofap is subjective.

5. For me, because I am married and hoping to improve sexual desire, pied and de, my only method to O is with my wife during sex. It’s not at all off limits for me, but for others, it is. Like some have said, it’s really about your personal goals.

Icouldprobablyhelp likes this.
  6. Zé Cloaca

Zé Cloaca Fapstronaut

My take is: NoFap with sex is easier, but less effective. Hardmode is more effective, but harder.

But that's for me. There are people who are going to look for sex on Tinder and get triggered, for example. Gotta see what works for you.

7. Hardmode has the most benefits

8. EnuffIsEnfuff

But hard mode is celibacy which is not exactly nofap. Well like some of you have said, it’s subjective, depending on my personal goals.

9. phwrancesco

phwrancesco Fapstronaut

There are different schools about it.

In my opinion, Nofap is about masturbation.

If you include sex it becomes a different thing called chastity.

Icouldprobablyhelp likes this.