1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tighty Whities Challenge!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by keepitinmybriefs, Nov 16, 2019.

1. keepitinmybriefs

keepitinmybriefs Fapstronaut

You may have seen me around on here, encouraging guys to try briefs over boxers. I've talked to a few who already made the switch, and I've actually convinced a couple to switch, and they've all been glad they've done it!

However, I'd like to be a bit more direct and broad with this. So in this thread, I'm formally challenging all you men who wear boxers or boxerbriefs to get a pack of real briefs (bonus points if they're white), and wear them for one week. If you live in the US, you can get a 9-pack of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom tighty whities for pretty cheap.

Once you've worn briefs for a week, you can go back to your old underwear if you really want, but I have a feeling you'll want to stick with them. This is just to encourage you to give them a try, as I really think they help contain urges and prevent relapses (I know, sounds wild, but it's true!).

Caveat: obviously you need to have the spending money available to do this. If you're just barely able to pay rent, then maybe save your funds for food/bills/etc. This assumes you have spending cash to spare.

Edit: If you're unsure the difference between boxerbriefs and briefs, they're both tight, but boxerbriefs have legs that go down your thighs. Real briefs have a triangle shape, like a speedo.

2. Ridingfree83

Ridingfree83 New Fapstronaut

I'm always down for a challenge. I'm going to try this this week and see how it goes.

3. keepitinmybriefs

Excellent! Keep us updated!

4. Leo128

Leo128 Fapstronaut

I dunno about this man, I think I’d find tighty whities difficult, underwear has always been something that’s ‘done’ it for me.

+TenPercent and Hold it in like this.
  5. keepitinmybriefs

Well, if you have an underwear fetish, probably stay away from this challenge. But if not, definitely give it a try!

EasyEric and +TenPercent like this.
  6. keepitinmybriefs

Just had a member message me privately to say he's taking on the challenge!

EasyEric and +TenPercent like this.
  7. keepitinmybriefs

Figured I'd bump this a bit. Any takers?

+TenPercent likes this.
  8. My name is +TenPercent and I approve this message.

Here's my reason:
    Years ago when I first tried to give up masturbation, I remember putting on my favourite pair of boxer briefs and getting instantly aroused from the way that they felt. I even got on my knees and started praying, but the arousal kept mounting. Then, I promptly took them off and put on the most boring, unsexy underwear I could imagine: Tighty-whiteys. And then I broke down in tears. I fucking hate tighty-whiteys. It reminded me of childhood and made me feel like a kid. :(

In the past year or two, I have struggled a lot with trying to figure out which underwear was best. Some briefs were so snug that the pressure was triggering, others briefs and most boxer briefs were so roomy that I felt inadequate (also triggering). But if I wore boxers, things would move around too much down there, and sometimes just normal daily activity would result in friction/rubbing that would set me off.
    In fact, in 2018, I ended up cumming in my pants more than a few times from my erection growing and rubbing against the fabric and I am sure that my underwear choice was a contributing factor :rolleyes:

To be completely honest, I never really did find an answer. I ended up buying a lot of unisex underwear, and that at least made me happy. But other times I just had to make a decision day by day. Boxers for hot days and sleeping, boxer briefs for going to the gym, etc.

Now that I am more firmly ensconced in this lifestyle, I don't seem to notice the difference as much. :)

But, for anyone who is currently struggling with their underwear causing urges, I strongly recommend giving this challenge a try. If you have an underwear fetish (one that is not tighty- whiteys) then this challenge may work because briefs can be very non-triggering.

Also, there used to be a guy here who swore by wearing jock straps. Keeping everything snugly tucked away and forgotten about makes a lot of sense . . .

keepitinmybriefs likes this.
  9. Hexham C

Hexham C Fapstronaut

Great challenge - I tried it this week and tight underwear helps.

But do we have to wear them at night?? For me they're too uncomfortable to sleep in :(

EasyEric and Espi1971 like this.
  10. keepitinmybriefs

Preferably you should be able to sleep in them.

EasyEric likes this.
  11. keepitinmybriefs

This challenge is still open for takers!

EasyEric likes this.
  12. Saythatagain

Saythatagain Fapstronaut

I have had a huge underwear issues for most of my life. I had different styles for different weather, weight and moods. When I started recovery my sponsor suggested the change. I was reluctant for many reasons, mostly selfish. I didn't want to be the normal guy with a dad bod wearing dad underwear, lol. Captain Underpants da da daaaaa....I made a compromise with the Target brand briefs. There have white and multi color with contacting band so I didn't feel so normal. They are soft and very comfortable. If anyone has a Dirt Cheap store nearby they usually have them as well.

13. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

This might be a stupid question, but why are white briefs preferable? Don't get me wrong, I definitely get sick of adjusting myself in my boxer shorts, but it seems white undies would be a liability in terms of stains etc.

EasyEric likes this.
  14. keepitinmybriefs

Personally, I'd rather know when my underwear gets dirty, because those stains are going to be there whether you can see them or not. I'd prefer to see them, so I know when I need to throw them out and get new ones. I also try to clean myself properly down there to prevent staining in the first place. :)

15. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

I guess I'll give it a try

EasyEric and keepitinmybriefs like this.
  16. keepitinmybriefs

I haven't logged in to this site for about a month (been distracted by work and other things - nothing PMO), but is anyone else interested in this challenge?

17. I bought a 3-pack of good old fashioned tighty whities and they just arrived. I struggle with an underwear fetish and felt almost ill at the thought of what I'd bought - the full rise briefs - talk about old man underwear, yuck! How non-arousing is that??

Well, I put them on and immediately got aroused! Then triggered as I saw
    how small my erect penis looked in them, probably more what a flaccid penis should look like as my erection comes nowhere near the bottom of the waistband :oops:

But, we are addicts. The novelty wears off quickly. I will try to wear them for the evening and see how I hold up.

So . . . challenge accepted. Or, at least attempted. Not sure yet if I'm ready to wear this nonsense every day.

18. keepitinmybriefs

Glad to hear it! I hope you can stick with them!

19. stayindulged/withGOD

stayindulged/withGOD Fapstronaut

You realize that briefs are bad for men to wear because your scrotum needs to breathe

20. I feel comfy wearing boxer briefs