1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PMO always provided me a way to relax and chill, so how can I relax and chill on NoFap?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys

I just threw a 20 day streak away because I was feeling super tensed and stressed out. If I'd be feeling the euphoria I was feeling during the first 2 weeks I'd continue it without anything else, so basically I relapsed without being "naturally" horny

I was just kind of burned out due to studies and so on, and because I was feeling basically the same way as before NoFap I relapsed

I feel literally physically relaxed right now, and to be honest the only thing I regret about relapsing is the instant lower self discipline. You may feel relaxed but your self discipline is crap (again), also obviously why bothering being excited about your studies and the littlest of thing if you can PMO?

So obviously PMO is not a good solution in the long run. But I still need something so I can relax and chill after a stressful day at (online) classes. Netflix kind of helps but as soon as the episode is over I feel like "f*ck now it's over and I have to do my duties again"

It's a pity weed is not legal here where I cone from but I guess weed would be even a worse idea than PMO

So what can I do to stay the optimistic person I was during the 14 days of reboot, not to stress out if there are some problems with studies, and simply always be in a state of tranquility and equilibrium so I can prevent myself from burning out (and thus feeling the need to "relax" and eventually relapse again as weed is illegal here)?

PS: If I'm in the wrong subforum then I'm sorry, I literally logged in the last time here in 2017 or something, and the Off Topic section was more NoFap related than literally Off Topic, as far as I remember

2. Lillercoaster

Lillercoaster Fapstronaut

If you want to relax while being on NoFap, just pop a Valium... It is a great stress reliever.

3. You know, I don't really want to rely on any kind of substance, I'd like to find a way to deal with it "naturally" before eventually trying Valium or other natural sedatives

4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Pluto, congrats on making it to 14 consecutive days. Great question, the thing is without being catatonic not even monks themselves have figured that out yet. To be human is to ponder this question and experiment, and stress part of our experience. So I would rephrase that part of the question to “simply accept and manage my stress better.” That will lead you to come up with better experiments/solutions that work for you.

That being said here goes practical input, based on things I’ve read and applied:

Practical:
    • How’s your sleeping routine? The better you sleep the better you will manage your stress.
    • Try meditating. It clears your mind, let’s you see that stress is just an emotion like all the others. It comes and goes. What I do is just sit down on a couch and put a 2 minute timer. Then just focus on my breathing.
    • Increase physical activity, to increase your endurance. If you don’t work out, start. If you do, increase intensity. This will make you feel good, and clear your mind. and depending on intensity make other stuff that was stressing you, seem less stressful,

5. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

really? you advocate drugs to someone on this forum? and not just any drugs, but benzodiazepines, which are easily more harmful to human existence than even the worst amphetamines and opiates? if you really believe valium is not a big deal, id really urge you to go on bluelight or erowid and read some stories about how their lifes got ruined. stuff is dangerous, even though it is subtle when moderately used, and there are countless of examples where people committed suicide who commited to this crap...

6. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Wtf???? So that he will start having another addiction? Idiot....Valium is dangerous very dangerous!

7. I think the thing what I'm looking for is really something which will allow me to not get stressed or burned out in the first place.

If there is a situation then basically the situation will always be neutral without any feelings attached to that. You are the one who decides on how to act on this situation, and my problem is that if there's an obstacle, like a difficult topic in my studies, or something I accidentally messed up, then I always go to believe the worst case scenario like "I'm gonna ruin the next test" although it doesn't have to be like that. I always could tell myself that "Maybe it's not that bad, I can still manage it somehow"

And being constantly in this negative and pessimistic state (automatically as I always used to be like that) leads me to have anger tantrums because I instantly get mad at myself and the world because I believe that "everything is lost"

This led me to get burned out yesterday very quickly and thus I felt the need for something to get relaxed with

Of course meditation and exercise is always great but I feel that it could only help me "on the surface", it's like getting a Fast Food junkie to eat only small amount of fast food and not to change their diet radically

I just want to change my thoughts, My mentality towards things. I want to be a more optimistic person, not this exagerated type of thing but a realistic optimist

And I don't know how to change myself, I'd need a therapist but due to Corona everything is closed down

I just want to maintain a healthy "relationship" with difficult situation which lie outside my comfort zone

8. Lillercoaster

Nah some Valium here and there is not going to cause problems kiddo. Unless you're a weak pill poppin' junky denegerate with no will power! Playing low life video games that turn you into an autistic illiterate retard is more dangerous than Valium. You're the living proof, god damnit!

9. Queek The HeadTakker

People who take vaillum are the ones who are weak , because they dont have the necessary mental strenght to endure the challenge without an artificial help

Thanks Kangoroo has being a while Queek didnt received soo much compliments , much love from me too you

10. Lillercoaster

Naaah nothing to with weakness kiddo. Just chill and relax is great now and then. Valium is just like playing video games but better. Just don't take too much or you will turn into a complete retarded moron like you!

"Grrrrmmmmnnbbbb you challenge me ??? Im Queek !!! Headtaker of Mors !!! Nofap challenge soon be Queeks , dare to disagreee elf thing?"

Nigga what the fuck?

11. Queek The HeadTakker

You can chill and relax without drugs

I sense your jealous off Queek yesyeysyeysyes grahhhh your not alone , even Karl Franz envys the MIGHT of Queek yesyeysyes

And im not a nigga, im a Skaven so it is Skigga instead of nigga

12. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I hear ya. Same. One thing you can do here is to practice “fear setting”. Writing down from most likely to less likely and most ridiculous extent, of what happens if you do/don’t do something. Besides that, read, we sometimes want answers that others have already written. And then just experiment on your own. My two or three cents. Would be interesting to know what has helped you, for sure.

13. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

When all is said and done---I do the time tested method--get on my knees and pray for God's help. Years ago, that is what our ancestors did---no fancy books, no share groups +counseling was for the rich people. In times of trials, prayer is of great help++++physical excercise like walking and admiring God's creation, you will do fine!

14. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

You just need to find something you enjoy. Might be exercise, sport, might be reading or watching documentaries, might be being creative or artistic. Might be volunteering, helping people out or spending time in nature. Have a think back to before you started your addiction, when you were a child if necessary, what did you enjoy and get excited about?

15. Playing video games. I loved playing all those Mario games for example. Then fapping started and my interest in playing video games went down to 0.

I generally loved to be creative, creating worlds, languages even when I was a kid. Or drawing comics, making stop motion movies.

fredisthebes likes this.
  16. Used alcohol to replace fapping and got a chunky streak (chunky for me at least). Of course this was a terrible idea, now I'm trying to beat PMO without it. I'm gonna try to replace it with working out and martial arts soon.

17. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

you need to find a side hustle.