1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Batman Challenge - Can You Get Rid of a Bomb?

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Batty Belfry, Jul 13, 2020.

Will you become the Batman?

1. Become? I am the Batman!

96 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. No, I don't mind being an orphan.

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Maybe. I will keep training as Robin.

21 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crookedboots

crookedboots Fapstronaut

@Batty Belfry I've transitioned from an Initiate to a Crime Fighter! Update me

2. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@crookedboots your boots are no longer on the ground (or crooked!), but on the rooftops of Gotham.

3. @Batty Belfry Hmmm it's only my 4th day of NoFap i am still Robin looking forward to become Alfred Pennyworth.

Batty Belfry, BurgerChamp and Willyam like this.
  4. I’m back to being Robin.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  5. Willyam

Willyam Fapstronaut

6. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

It's been a while since my last post. I'm currently on a 9 day streak. I peeked 2 days ago but didn't act on it. While I was peeking and scrolling, there were a few urges but I was turned off by most of the titles and themes I saw. After having real intimacy with real people, PMO just seems like a waste of time and energy.

I know I shouldn't have peeked and will count this as a 'slip-up', but I'm taking it as a good sign that the images I scrolled through didn't appeal to me as much as they once did not that long ago.

I'm going forward with the utmost caution to not peek anymore and to continue handling urges in better ways. I'll be posting on here a bit more frequently as I encounter urges and other challenges.

Batty Belfry and BurgerChamp like this.
  7. imandrew

imandrew Fapstronaut

8. Tony Corleone

Tony Corleone Fapstronaut

9. Day 12 completed, 2 more days to become Alfred Pennyworth.

10. sunn

sunn Fapstronaut

11. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@orionpax42 share your wealth of knowledge, the Gothamites will benefit from your thoughts and experiences. There is power in persisting as you have.
    @Renaissance Man and @sunn welcome to the last night and a new light: yourself.
    @imandrew your training has brought you far. You'll be ready to put what you've learned into practice soon.

imandrew likes this.
  12. Gtweet

Gtweet Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Count me in. Day 1/30n

Batty Belfry and imandrew like this.
  13. crookedboots

crookedboots Fapstronaut

Batty Belfry and imandrew like this.
  14. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@Gtweet welcome to the crusade for justice.
    @crookedboots You're doing a helluva job, Commissioner.

I hope everyone's start of the holidays has treated them well. I bring my update with a confession: I watched P using a different downloaded browser. I did not M, and my streak is still intact, but I felt the temptation. I knew if I gave in to that moment, there was no easy way out. I had an urge which made me feel the need to prove I can still be sexual. In that moment, that long, sleepless, blue-lit night, I forgot that my sexuality is not chained or contained to a magic black box. I even tried convincing myself that soft core was harmless. It's harmful. My mind and eyes are foggy, for now. I will not abuse the technology and the technology will not abuse me. Batcomputer, activate clean wipe. It is done, but my work is never done.

imandrew likes this.
  15. Gtweet

Gtweet Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Its crazy how one think to himself to prove that his/her sexuality still works fine and use softcore P to test. I had the same evil thoughts that lemme just see an ass shake to see what will happen? I haven't done it but instead logd in here. Thanks for the advice. Won't even try it.

Batty Belfry likes this.
  16. Rick Dalton

Rick Dalton Fapstronaut

17. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

I've been struggling with PMO over the past month.

The US election and rising covid cases have been stressing me out and I've been inconsistent dealing with these and other stresses in healthy ways. There's been a couple of binges and usually my clean streaks don't last longer than 4-5 days. In hindsight, posting about it on this forum would have been helpful but I've been trying to stay off of my laptop.

For now, it seems like my current job is secure so that makes me a little less stressed. The pandemic has thrown a wrench in my recovery plan but I'm still committed to getting over PMO. I'm luckier than many others to have safe ways to get out of the house and do stuff other than sulk around and try not to think of PMO. I need to have a balance between not being too reckless and not being too overcautious. My gut is telling me to be safe and smart but still go out and LIVE.

I need to get in the habit of going for walks and hikes more often. One hobby that I've gotten better at recently is photography. I also enrolled in online grad school starting in the spring. Hobbies that I want to get into down the road include rock climbing, kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, cycling, grilling, and playing guitar.

Between all of these replacement habits and the support of my friends and family, I will get over this PMO addiction slowly but surely.

Here's a quote that hit home for me:

“The world isn't in your books and maps, it's out there...”

― J.R.R. Tolkien (through the words of Gandalf)

Batty Belfry likes this.
  18. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

I've been given feedback on this forum that in order to get over PMO, I need to change how I think. Here's a video I listened to that seems to be on the right track:

Hope it helps.

Batty Belfry likes this.
  19. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

After doing some thinking, it seems like my struggle with dealing with PMO falls back to my struggle with making plans and not following through with them. In hindsight, this makes a lot of sense. I've been told I'm good at making plans but inconsistent with putting them into practice. Maybe getting better at carrying out plans will help me get over PMO.

Batty Belfry likes this.