1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

I've been lost in the caves of Mordor this last few days, but I found the way back, Day 1.

2. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

3. ineedclarity

ineedclarity Fapstronaut

4. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

5. Day 5 complete. @I Am Somebody Tomorrow we march together from Isengard as Uruk-hai!

Today went well. I got some good exercise playing soccer, took a cold shower afterward, and have generally kept myself on my feet all day. Too tired to even think about PMO right now, haha.

6. liona

liona Fapstronaut

Day 3

So... I need to set some things clear. I don't want to lie to myself or this community which gave me so much strength and hope.
    A few days ago, on November 6th I had a situation where I wasn't sure if I should count it as a relapse or not. No P was involved and things are not always black&white so I was really struggling with myself. I'm still thinking about this and I don't feel honest continuing with my streak as if nothing happened. Especially as I reached 30+ again and I couldn't feel any joy about it only guilt.
    I want to forgive myself but I need to be honest first. I don't think forgiveness is something you can just grab, you need to earn it somehow.
    If anything, I'm grateful that this situation at least didn't involve any P and didn't escalate as it usually would.
    I'm going back to the dark cave, new strength, and hope inside of me. I've come so far and I can go there again.

7. Yes, indeed. Cheers!

8. Day 28
    'The PMO forces were at my tail but I crossed the Ford of Bruinen, leaving them behind. The House of Elrond is in sight!'

Halfway through reading YBOP. No triggers from it this time around. 8 days away from equaling my longest streak this year.

Some days it's hard to get motivated to do those tasks that I should be doing. I really need to keep an eye on the foods I'm eating. I'm seriously considering quitting sugar or at least processed junk foods from Thursday.

9. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

One day down, dear fellowship!

10. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

11. Michael Sternig

Michael Sternig Fapstronaut

o-o back to orc level
    bad curiosity made me fall
    here we go again

12. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 20 , I have entered to the old village of Bree, and I must be prepared for what its coming, the journey still going, so let's do our best and fight for victory. keep going brothers and sisters and never give up :)

13. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Day 28! PMO forces hot on my trail but I'm about to escape, headed to Elrond!

14. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

i´ve been there sis. i know what it feels to "i should let this pass on". but truth is it doesn´t pass, soon the guilt rises and we feel we got to be straight with ourselfs and others.

so don´t worry sis, it´s really understandable. maybe the harshest thing we do in recovery is to recognize to the community that we relapse. it´s hard yes. but from the truth comes relief, the relief that we are only human. and with relief a new dawn and attitude arises ;)

carry on sister, you´re doing great!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  15. RiseToGreatness

proud of you bro :). Keep it up!!!!

16. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Got back to Orc, but I'm using the rest of the day to gather the energy for a new journey!

17. RiseToGreatness

One more day brave Fellowship :)

Let´s welcome the new member of the Companion:

@DudeAlex

The following brothers have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! ;)

@1punchman - Uruk-Hai
    [​IMG]

@MyGodandMyAll27 - Bree / Eriador
    [​IMG]

@Chakra_Serpent @CrimsnBlade - Ford of Bruinen / Eriador
    [​IMG]

@jimmyanderson - Misty Mountains
    [​IMG]

Have a great day mighty Companion!!!!!!!!!!! :) Let´s keep going, one day at a time ;)

“They cursed us.
    Murderer they called us.
    They cursed us, and drove us away.

And we wept, Precious, we wept to be so alone.
    And we only wish to catch fish so juicy sweet.
    And we forgot the taste of bread... the sound of trees... the softness of the wind.
    We even forgot our own name.

My Precious.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020