1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

More height gain in NoFap

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Unstoppable24/7, Nov 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Unstoppable24/7

Unstoppable24/7 Fapstronaut

I am 16 year old male. I started NoFap just a week ago and my height is 5.6 feets . Will my height boost in NoFap. I had not gain height since a year. I am checking my height every month but there no change. Pls suggest any good exercise as well as diet for height gain and fast muscle growth.
    (Note: only veg diet and eggs can be included)

Kaensak and Professor Abraham like this.
  2. MountainSea

MountainSea Fapstronaut

Males can grow until 25 so you may have another growth spurt in you. How tall is your immediate family? Height is mainly genetic and isn't affected by diet or exercise unless you are nutrient deficient. Make sure to stretch and that your posture is good. It will make you appear taller.

Marado and Unstoppable24/7 like this.
  3. This is the honest truth:

I was 6'4". At age 54, I have been doing pull-ups regularly for about 18 months, about 30-50 pullups every two days pretty consistently for that period. I have grown an inch - I am now 6'5". I kid you not. I think regular pull-ups really stretch the spine in a good way (plus build an awesome back and arms).

I suspect this may be related to my age. I had done zero pull ups before this for about 35 years. As we age the spine compresses (this is why Clint Eastwood is now less than 6' tall). It may be regular pull ups reverse this effect.

I told this to my personal trainer - who is about 5'7, and he was pretty amazed.

p.s. I also never stopped growing until I was about 23-4, but this is genetics I suspect, I had a crap diet as a kid.

Unstoppable24/7 likes this.
  4. MountainSea

MountainSea Fapstronaut

That's cool! Do you know if you were 6'5" in your 30s? Makes sense that as you get older pullups or one of those inverters could make you your original height. My dad lost an inch and a half when he broke his back, it compressed his spine. Also I had a great Uncle that used to be like 5'11" or something but by his 80s he had shrunk and developed a hunch. I'm only 5'7", but he would always say wow you must 6 feet tall now because he was shorter than me haha!

Professor Abraham likes this.
  5. The last time I measured myself (in my 20s) I was 6'4", so I am now the tallest (officially) I have been in my entire life - thanks to pull ups. TBH about 10 years ago folks were saying I looked 6'5, and I always said I was 6'4 - maybe I really was 6'5 then. However, I have definitely grown since I have been doing pull ups, and it makes sense to me TBH. I plan to keep doing pullups now for the rest of my life, my favourite exercise.

6. Hey, I'm 1.73Cm/5'8'' and 14, do you think NoFap/Semen retention will boost my growth?. I want to add, my father is 5'9'' and my mother is 5'6''

7. This is my observation in life: sons are usually a bit taller than their fathers (by up to 5") if they have a good diet when young. So if your dad is 5'9", 6'+ is possible but you have to eat properly (both macro and micro nutrients). 5'8 is tall at 14. I was about 5'10 then I think. I hit 6' at about 17.

I am 6'5 as an adult, my dad was 6'0, my brother is 6'2, my dad's dad was 6'4. So I would look at your male line to get a good idea. I am not convinced female line makes much difference to male height. My mother was 5'4.

8. I'm sure I have a good diet, my grandfather from my father's side was 5'7'' and my mother's was 5'7'' too. My uncle from my father's side is 5'10'', so is my 18yo brother, and the uncles from my mother's side are very tall, one is 6', other is 5'10'', and the youngest and tallest is 6'3''.
    So I suppose I can get to 6' or more, I get lots of protein but not enough water. Thank you for your answer!