1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

it´s normal to collapse in the first weeks brother. because the urges and autopilot are very strong in the beginning. if those barriers are not enough then you need to create new ones, stronger ones. identify the triggers and create a strong barrier for which of them. and do it always, not just when you´re triggered, that would be to late.

example: i have a trigger in the bathroom when i bring the mobile with me. solution: i stop taking the mobile to the bathroom. i take a book instead :D. result: i never relapse in the bathroom again. understand? you need these simple hacks, simple moves here and there in your life. concrete measures that makes all the difference.

we all know that pmo is destructive, but that counts for very little in the heat of the moment. recall the theory and motivation daily yes, but you need most of all to be practical.

and i would also recommend that you do a dopamine detox, stay away from all screens. you´re depleting your dopamine so much, making you miserable, and that of course increases the risk of relapses.

rise my brother, you can do it!!!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    uGes, crazyhorse11, Ciceron and 3 others like this.
  2. RiseToGreatness

amazing brother, you show a lot of improvements!! Congratulations and keep going!!! :)

uGes, GreenTinted60sMind and LuckyMan like this.
  3. RiseToGreatness

One more day mighty Fellowship, feeling powerful today ;)

Lot´s of relapses today among the ranks, i hope all of them are benefitial in it´s own terms :)

The following brothers have upgraded and reached places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! :)

@I Am Somebody - Uruk-Hai
    elms.gif

@Buyand - Elf / Misty Mountains
    [​IMG]

Let´s keep going brave Companion, one day at a time. Here´s universal man with another installment of the sexual self-mastery series, chapter 15 ;)

Have a great day!!!! :)

4. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 5:

Made it through the Lectures without a reset! Did just receive some news that has me a bit stressed. It is time to buckle down and move forward with the healing journey!

5. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 33. some urges but everything under control and doing my best.

6. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

Yay day 22. Man it is really dragging on.

7. LivingCreature

LivingCreature Fapstronaut

8. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

9. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

One week. This streak I'm spending less time with electronic devices and reading and working instead. What a difference!

10. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Browsing as if with simple curiosity, but deep down you are really looking for something that will trigger you to fall back into the pit of P. You just either pretend that those intentions aren't there, or numb your awareness to the point that you leave the intentions as vague, even though they are the real engine behind your internet search, flicking TV channels, literature, films, etc....(especially when we are tired). Only way to avoid fishing, it seems to me, is to stay alert to your intentions and the tricks/ lies they play on your mind, all the time. Alternatively, as some posts below advise, we stay away from these media forms until we are back in the driving seat of our minds.

11. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Well done man! You are an inspiration! Keep Going!!!

12. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 24.
    In addition to everything said by our fellows, fight in the present, at each specific moment. Fight match by match. It doesn't help to worry about the future or regret the past while forgetting about the present. When the future comes you will fight in the battle that corresponds, and it is not worth being sorry for something that has already happened and you cannot change. What you can change is your current moment. It is that decision that you make by leaving your mobile phone instead of entering social networks, because you know that you will end up fishing and preparing your mind to relapse (helping your enemy to win the battle).

Your life is a war and every day a battle. But you have many allies (God, family, friends, and us!), Ask them for help. Lit the beacons. Rohan will answer. We will win.

Let's go, you can do it! Destroy this infamous ring. Move the P away as much as possible and ask for help when you need it. Count on us. You have my sword.

Christ the King, pray for us.

13. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Excellent brother - it is an honour to fight alongside you!

LuckyMan, RiseToGreatness and Ciceron like this.
  14. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your honesty. Much appreciated. Please let us know how you get on with managing and surfing the urges - this will help us all I am sure but more selfishly it will help me

15. WhateverItTakes2end

WhateverItTakes2end Fapstronaut

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Agreed, less time online is so much better for your brain. Books are awesome.

17. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

Ho! Brazuca na parada?!!

LuckyMan and RiseToGreatness like this.
  18. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

19. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Day 3 :)
    What a beautiful morning it is today!

20. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut