1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold shower tips

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Cold shower just been making me feel so good I wanted to share these feelings and benefits with others.
    Tips:
    Some of these can seem kinda stupid but hey it works for me and plus no one is watching while your in the shower so how embarrassing can it be?

I like to do a small workout, somewhere near the shower so I can be hot and also have a high heart rate before I enter
    Turn on the water before entering. Look at the shower. What is going through your mind?
    Fear?
    Regret?
    These are all things you can defeat. Imagine how much of a boss you would be if you could just walk in there.
    Turn on some music. I like some harder rock in this case, or rap that i know all the words too. Song of choice: live versions of songs are good cuz then u got a crowd cheering you on through the ice cold water
    If the flooring and my balance allow, I like to do a small dance.
    Imagine being some sort of viking warrior, i often feel like doing some primal scream (i don't cuz roommates) I also like to do the hulk pose makes me feel like a boss
    You can turn off water if its too much cold. It saves water for the environment and makes one realize how much water in a shower is wasted, really only about 45 seconds of water is all thats needed for a deep clean.
    Lastly breathe. See if you can find a calm place in this place of extreme sensation. Can you take deep breaths and clear your mind despite being pelted by the ice cold water?

Don't go too hard too fast. Trying to take a cold shower first thing in the morning can be daunting, so don't do it! just take ur normal warm shower but later in the day force urself to take a cold shower. Also hot showers are good for mucus so if you are sick or coming down with something hot showers are better. But cold showers have been shown to increase immune response! So cold showers prevent you from getting sick in first place.

Anyways... those are my thoughts.
    Anyone else got ways to improve their cold showers? Made it feel better?
    Sometimes I have a beer in the shower but thats obviously not the best thing for everyone even myself, but i do like to do it after a big accomplishment

2. Interesting approach to cold showers. I took one today and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Saved money and because it was cold, I washed quickly thus saving water too. Shadowboxing in the shower is fun too, but you get water everywhere. It's a good place to train because it's a confined area so you can focus on clinch, knees, elbows.

3. do cardio or jumping jacks before talking a cold shower

4. CharlieWex

CharlieWex Fapstronaut

I read such information somewhere that only 10 seconds under cold water every day morning and evening are enough to maintain immune system.