1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevention from relapse while alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Unstoppable24/7, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Unstoppable24/7

Unstoppable24/7 Fapstronaut

I started NoFap 2 weeks ago but today I relapsed due to lonliness. I can went outside for a walk but there is no one at home for privacy. Pls suggest me how can I prevent relapse according to above situation.

2. Stay off the PC when you're by yourself. Lose yourself in simple things like housework, hobbies etc .. if you're busy you're not relapsing. Keep a track of what triggered you and come back stronger each time. Best of luck

Unstoppable24/7 likes this.
  3. Phil 3:12-16

Phil 3:12-16 Fapstronaut

I relapsed yesterday because of loneliness too. It is tough, I know. I just read this tip from Vicicool (another member here):

"Say 10 things you are grateful for every day.
    It helped when I had urges. Instead of feeling lonely in need of dopamine to ease the pain, I suddenly felt comfortable and a little happy.
    Like the feeling you get when shaking the hand of your good colleague who you get along with well."

I also try to remind myself that I need to reach out to others too if I don't want to be lonely. It's not easy coz I'm an introvert haha, but even a little message saying 'hi how are you' to anyone I know helps..
    And remind myself that I am loved. Even if I don't feel it all the time, I am. And you are. YOU ARE LOVED. If you feel like nobody loves you, well guess what, I love you, even though I don't know you, because you are a fellow human made from and for love. Sending love to you right now, wherever you are! And you can love. Every time you smile at someone or think something nice you are loving. Let that shine!

Better that we try to be mature and not beat ourselves up about how weak we can be, but rather have a positive attitude, knowing that our sexuality ultimately is a good thing and trusting that bad habits will change eventually, even if we fall along the way. We can get the strength we need, as long as we keep wanting to change...as long as we keep re-wanting to change after every fall...as long as we reach out for help...Keep it up, my friend!