1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. 89/100

I was about the same before I started this challenge (a bit more than two years ago). At that time, I was usually coding in the middle of the night. No wonders why I didn't feel good when the alarm rang at 6 am! It feels very good to be a completely different person now.

2. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

3. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Have not been doing good with this challenge at all. I think I’m going to pick
    1 day of the week where no matter what, I’ll be in bed earlier or by 11:50 pm without screens.

4. I have one obstacle I didn't remember when I joined this challenge. I am a diehard fan of Formula 1 and with only 3 races left in the year I'm not going to miss out on them. Where I live the race starts at 23:10 this week and next weekend at 2:10. I will be staying up to watch these so I can't commit to this challenge everyday.
    Monday - Friday I can do and then starting from next Monday I will commit to daily.

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. 91/100

Since you're a formula 1 fan, I assume you've seen the movie Ford vs Ferrari. Anyway, I just saw it last weekend and it was really a good watch that I highly recommend.

6. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

@Force Majeure @Chakra_Serpent The other day I could have sworn I reached 7,000 RPM on my bicycle around the neighborhood. Everything faded. The machine becomes weightless. It disappeared. All that was left, was my body moving through space, and time.

OK I’ve decided that the day I’ll have no screens on is Sunday, by 11 pm.

7. Flash Forward

Flash Forward Fapstronaut

I'm in no screens past 9:30 pm

Day zero

8. Love that comment :emoji_thumbsup:

9. Philosophical_Dad

10. 93/100.

Slight over the deadline yesterday but I figured, better to complete the task I was doing than thinking about it the whole night. Stopped working 15 mins after my deadline.

11. Philosophical_Dad

12. ...and that's my record. 95 days in a row. I'm really happy about it! Yesterday I stopped around 20 minutes after my deadline because I wanted to finish some things. I should have just postponed it to the day after because it didn't really give me much extra, plus I can feel I'm a bit tired today. Anyway, I'm now going to try to do this challenge by my own without counting. If I realise I cannot discipline myself to be as consistent as I use to be, I'll be back. Otherwise I will check in every now and then tell you about how it's going.

Chakra_Serpent likes this.
  13. I watched this movie after your recommendation. It was very good! :emoji_race_car::emoji_race_car:

I'm ready to start this again as the late night Formula 1 races have finished.
    Considering I go to bed around 4am I want to make my screen cut-off time at 2am. As living circumstances are most likely to change over the next couple of weeks I will try this challenge for a week and then re-evaluate next week and change accordingly.

Day 0/7

Force Majeure likes this.
  14. Nice! I thought you had already seen it. I’m glad you liked it :)

15. Philosophical_Dad

16. Philosophical_Dad

17. Philosophical_Dad

18. Philosophical_Dad