1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Fantastic! I'll be there soon ;)

2. Well done brother. A great achievement indeed.

3. 47 days done.
    Does anyone else use the man don't fap app? I like to see what new wallpaper I get every day.

4. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

5. Day 17 complete.

About three hours ago I got hit with a massive urge, perhaps the biggest one this whole streak. It went away quickly enough because during that time, I had just been waiting for my brother so we could watch some TV. (We're catching up on Mandalorian Season 2, no spoilers haha!) Still, I'm worried that I merely distracted myself or swept the urge under the rug. If I had been by myself it could have been trouble.

I'll be better about going through certain steps like pausing, breathing, and reflecting whenever I'm hit by any urge, regardless of the circumstances.

St. John Berchmans, pray for us!

6. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 30.
    I arrive to the house of Elrond, so here comes another elf!

Congrats!

St. Augustine of Hippo, pray for us!

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Cheers bro :emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne_glass::emoji_cocktail::)

8. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 39. Doing my best and walking step by step

9. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

One more day brave Fellowship :)

The following brother has upgraded and reach a place in Middle Earth. Congratulations ;)

@Ciceron - Elf / Rivendell
    legolas 5.gif rivendell.gif

A huge wave of support to our brother @Starboii now facing a hard time. Rise my brother, you can do it!!! :)

A special praise to our brother @LuckyMan now on a personal record ;). 400 days to go my brother, let´s make this together, all of us!!!! :)

Today is my 42 day free from pmo and 8 day on hard mode. I decide to do a complete dopamine detox after months of ups and downs, because quite frankly i´m sick and tired of my energy and mood swings. So i completely cut: sex, alcohol, white sugar, television, internet (except nofap :D ), videogames and social media. my plan to reintroduce them, in moderation of course, goes as follows.

90 days - sex
    120 days - alcohol
    150 days - sweets
    180 days - television
    210 days - internet
    240 days - videogames
    270 days - social media

so far i feel amazing, full of energy and good mood :). my social relations are amazing and i feel no social anxiety.
    for my free time i rely on stuff that releases dopamine in a balanced and positive way, like: reading, gardening, making puzzles, physical exercise, music, cooking, etc. my motivation is endless now and i´m improving my life in ways that i never notice before :D

my recommendation Fellowship: if you´re a heavy addicts like me, or if you just want to boost your life quickly, cut out all the dopamine killers. you´ll be so happy so fast you won´t believe ;)

Have a great weekend brave Companion!!!! Onward!!!!!!

tolkien.jpg

10. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 11,

Good morning everyone! Morning is off to a healthy start (a few urges while in bed, but nothing that I have actively pursued. I've been here before, this feeling of confidence and security...it usually precedes a reset. However, I am lucky seeing as there is no lecture today (Yea, Saturday school lol #collegelyfe). My intention is to do whatever it takes to be P free since now I have the freedom to walk away from the computer if I am triggered.

Thank you again everyone!

11. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

This right here is very awesome, brother! Processeed sugar in and of itself is a dangerous beast! I have read many books that show that it activates "larger areas of the same region in the brain as cocaine". Of course the effects of sugar vary from cocaine, but your brain creates the same pull that is felt by cocaine addicts to cocaine. Processed sugar completely disrupts the internal functions of the conversions of food into necessary fuel for the body (I don't remember the details exactly, but it is not pretty). I would argue against the reintroduction of some of these but that is not necessary here.

Great stuff!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  12. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

13. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

14. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

15. LivingCreature

LivingCreature Fapstronaut

16. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

17. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Day 101. Thanks for all your support, Fellowship! You all rock!:)

18. Go for it brother! I have tried myself to stop all at once but I found it too difficult.
    I have been successful in quitting alcohol (currently day 108) and have recently quit sugary foods as well. All the best for your dopamine detox!