1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoSnooze Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by StoicContemplation, Nov 29, 2020.

1. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

I am not going into the scientific finesses of snoozing. We all know it's bad and makes you even more tired (you keep inciting new sleep cycles so you're body is confused whether to wake up or to keep itself in sleep mode).

So in order to grab life by the balls and get most out of it, we men should start taking serious considerations about how we wake up. The alarm in the morning is literally the first challenge of the day. If you are already failing to wake up properly in the morning, then how are you supposed to conquer the day? Besides, snoozing is just a waste of time... Time is our most valuable commodity.

This thread is for guys who want to take their life a step further and start facing the first demons of the day. I myself struggle with waking up from the get-go (and having a good sleep pattern in general).

Feel free to discuss this topic and embark the NoSnooze challenge. Accountability is a huge motivator.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Garek, Lukoluko, Agent 6 and 11 others like this.
  2. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I do this - during the week - No snoozing. I have the luxury of staying in bed for a bit before work, but I must not sleep. During the weekend I’ll feed the dumb custom of snoozing and then going back to sleep. When I tried to not snooze 7 days a week, it just felt too difficult.

3. StoicContemplation

Day 1: didn't snooze

I put an alarm on 8:30 am but went back to bed for an half hour to reflect and write some messages on the phone

I closed my computer and put my phone on airplane at 10 pm yesterday and went to bed at 11 pm but it took me hours to fall asleep. However, I didn't give in to the urge to check my phone or go on the internet to entertain myself, I have been doing that for weeks and that has skewed up my cardiac rhythm. With digital classes I can wake up whenever I want, like 11 am.

I must say that I already feel more fresh and better. Waking up at 11 pm doesn't make me necessarily well-slept (the snoozing makes me even more tired).

4. Alright:)

Alright:) Fapstronaut

Dont use phone 3 hours before sleep

5. StoicContemplation

Day 2: didn't snooze

Alarm at 8 am. Went back to bed to rest/think/read on smartphone for an hour and a half but didn't go back to sleep. I took a powernap at 1 pm. I went early to bed yesterday (9-10 pm) because I woke up early yesterday and my rhythm has yet to adapt. I took melatonin and CBD-oil, didn't use my phone/computer about an hour before sleep, and read in my bed and fell asleep really fast yesterday.

6. Haven't been snoozing for like a week or so. Feels great. There are mornings when I don't want to wake up, just a little bit of sleep, but no, I'm not letting it affect me.

7. StoicContemplation

Day 3: didn't snooze

I woke up naturally 10 mins before my alarm. I think my rhythm is slowly adapting.

Generally speaking I already feel better, it is easier to concentrate on things and I have less fatigue. The endless snoozing was definitely a defect in my lifestyle that undermined my productivity and energy

Serial Chiller likes this.
  8. StoicContemplation

Day 4: didn't snooze

I went back to bed to rest (not sleep) for more than an hour after my alarm went off (my alarm is in the other side of the room). Although I want to just start with my day and not waste time in bed in the morning, I'm not going to be too hard on myself as I'm already happy that I can resist the urge to keep sleeping

9. StoicContemplation

10. StoicContemplation

11. Squatzandoatz

Squatzandoatz Fapstronaut

I've noticed reading for an hour before bed enhances sleep quality greatly. Also going to sleep and waking up each day at the same time (for example sleeping 22:00-06:00) helps in that you start waking up fresh before the alarm even goes off.

Usually I don't use snooze, but I do sometimes stay in bed for a while after the alarm. I'm trying to get into the habit of just getting out of bed straight away, thus increasing will power.

12. StoicContemplation

13. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

I am in ... nice challange!

StoicContemplation likes this.
  14. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

No snooze for planned activities and waking up ... well I need a new counter :D

15. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Alright I'll set this as a goal too. No snoozing.

Day 1: No snoozing.

StoicContemplation likes this.
  16. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Set new timer... it will be interesting challange .. I ll add to now social to 6:00 PM

17. StoicContemplation

18. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 2: No snooze motherfucker

Mauritius likes this.
  19. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

20. StoicContemplation