1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days Meditation Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by StoicContemplation, Nov 28, 2020.

1. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 3: 10 minute meditation.

More focused today and I also made a realization about a useful thing for me to do while I was meditating.

Mauritius likes this.
  2. locked boy nyc

locked boy nyc Fapstronaut

Day 2. I'm using the app Headspace and I like it so far. Today I was distracted though, lots going on in my life aside from nofap so lots of anxiety these days. Still, the meditation seems to help and I'm staying on track.

Aliman8 and Mauritius like this.
  3. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

4. StoicContemplation

Yeah don't expect that your mind will be 'focused' or 'peaceful' throughout the whole meditation

It is normal that all this thoughts/worries/speculations about future/etc. will race through your head.

If I only manage to obtain a few seconds of 'complete emptiness' in the mind, then I am satisfied. After all, it is a muscle you have to train

Compare yourself to a mountain when you mediate. Your thoughts are the clouds that are hovering around you. Focus on your breath so that the clouds 'disappear'. The clouds will come back fast and you repeat the process.

Kairose, Aliman8 and Mauritius like this.
  5. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

I doubt anyone can be completely focused throughout the entire duration, but yes the emphasis should be on bringing back our awareness to the present, and then repeating the process. It is in this process that we train ourselves to be fully aware when it matters the most.

Please do share with us. Cheers

Aliman8 likes this.
  6. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

It's very, very silly and something that in hindsight was pretty obvious and it's also something minor that won't be relatable for I guess 96% of people.. But anyways you asked.

I've been having troubles with sounds/noises since I was a little kid. Constantly getting aggravated by them.

I wear headphones with white noise and music going at the same time all the time when I am home because I can't stand the noises from my neighbors, the walking on the floor, dragging shit, the sounds from their TV, them talking and whatnot.

I also sleep with earplugs + ear muffs to be able to sleep, which does help to an extent but they can't cut out it all so I still wake up in the middle of the night when somebody is walking upstairs or dropping something on the floor and I believe the only reason I wake up is because I have such a strong emotional response to sounds.

So if I can change my reaction to the noises it would mean a lot for my personal well being.

The realization I made was simply that I need to skip the headphones completely when I am home as much as possible and just deal with the noises and remain calm. If I can handle the noises during the daytime better I should be able to sleep through them better.

Pretty stupid, but hey, you asked!

Mauritius likes this.
  7. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. I don't think it's silly at all, infact I appreciate the fact that you are facing your problems head on, which is a great thing. This is where you grow as a person.

On a lighter note, I'd also like to know how you came up with the number 96% :p

8. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Yeah no worries. Apparantly it's called misophonia and there are no real cures for it but I am determined to show that I can rid off this with mind control.

I initially wrote 99% and then I thought, hm lets tone it down a little

Mauritius likes this.
  9. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Yea you can, one day at a time. Just don't give up.

getafterit likes this.
  10. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Interesting, I can relate to the opposite. I have no issue handling noise, it’s the dead silence that I need to get accostumed to as sometimes I put music on to distract me but then focus too much on the right song etc so just another way to escape from the tasks at hand.

Been failing at meditating. Going to start again, for the billionth time *face palm*. This time putting it back on my habit app.

getafterit and Mauritius like this.
  11. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

12. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 4: 10 minutes meditation.

Mauritius likes this.
  13. Esujin

Esujin New Fapstronaut

Is OP an American? Somehow i'm getting this funny image of American girls in tight yoga pants sitting on yoga mat "meditating" meanwhile ragged Indian yogis are meditating on concrete :emoji_laughing:

14. techmaverick_x

techmaverick_x Fapstronaut

Day 3: Done
    Day 4:Done

Mauritius likes this.
  15. locked boy nyc

locked boy nyc Fapstronaut

Day 3. Today felt good! I had crazy erections all night long which were very distracting. But during meditation this morning I managed to totally forget about pmo entirely for a few minutes. I know it won’t always go that way but I feel like I’m already getting a lot out of this.

Mauritius likes this.
  16. StoicContemplation

Day 6: meditated

I already feel that being aware of the existence of this thread, convinces me into getting that daily meditation which I never regret. Knowing that your resolution is made public is a very powerful tool. Cheers to all the bros who are embarking this challenge.

I am from Western Europe actually :p

But I get your point. Before I started meditating, I also thought meditating was for something for hippies, monks and yoga hipsters. Now I use it as a tool to improve concentration, become more relaxed/detached, etc.

Mauritius likes this.
  17. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

18. StoicContemplation

19. techmaverick_x

techmaverick_x Fapstronaut

Day 5: Meditated 40 mins...

StoicContemplation and Mauritius like this.
  20. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 5: 10 minutes meditation

Honestly not feeling any remarkable benefits as of now, it's a chill way to start the morning and end the night. I guess as I keep doing it and I get better at it along with doing it for longer times I will reap more benefits

StoicContemplation and Mauritius like this.