1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days Meditation Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by StoicContemplation, Nov 28, 2020.

1. locked boy nyc

locked boy nyc Fapstronaut

Day 4. Today I did this in the evening, because I "didn't have time" in the morning when I'm trying to do it regularly, and I definitely noticed it was much harder to get my mind to calm down because it had a whole day's worth of thoughts swimming around. That said, now that I'm done with it, I do feel a sense of calm and focus that I rarely feel in the evening like this. Maybe it's worth trying to meditate twice a day instead of just once?

The next two days will be a challenge because I'm moving my apartment day after tomorrow. I'm going to say "out loud" though that I will still make time to meditate on both days. No excuses.

2. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

3. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

Day 8: meditated

I will keep this thread updated on whether I meditated or not next week but I won't be able to discuss meditation and my experiences with it as I have exams next week

getafterit and Mauritius like this.
  4. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 6: 10 minute meditation

Mauritius likes this.
  5. locked boy nyc

Day 5. Busy day packing and moving but still managed to fit this in. I might be hooked.

6. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 7: 10 minutes meditation.
    Impatient and scatter-brained. Guess that just means I especially needed it today. Worked my way through it without agitation and frustration so that was good.

Edit:

I think I just had a breakthrough that was correlated to the meditation. It just happened about 15-20 minutes after the meditation.

I had a thought in my mind that would usually make me cringe but instead of cringing I kind of just witnessed the thought as it entered my mind and then it disappeared. That's awesome.

That's definitely an injection of motivation for me to keep doing it. If I can make that happen more and more regularly it'd be awesome.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  7. NgocHuy

NgocHuy Fapstronaut

Day 4: Meditation and contemplation.

I have to admit that meditation is really helpful for your minds, guys. Because when you start mondfully breathing, you start clearing your minds therefore you can concentrate thoughts to your important things that you learned.
    I have just taken 5 minute meditation and it helped me focus and review back to what I learned fews days ago.
    I hope meditation could help you as the way it has helped me.

Mauritius and StoicContemplation like this.
  8. StoicContemplation

Day 9: meditated

Keep it up guys!

Mauritius and getafterit like this.
  9. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

10. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 8: Meditated.

Mauritius likes this.
  11. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

12. locked boy nyc

Day 1. Sigh. Yesterday my partner and I moved apartments and it was such a crazy busy day. I wish I could say I missed meditation because I honestly didn't have time, but the truth is we finished moving around 6:30pm and immediately started celebrating. I ended up drinking too much, staying up late, and order cheeseburgers. Not the best way to deal with stress. Still no PMO so that part was ok but I didn't really live my best life. Meditating this morning was hard, I felt distracted and I'm a little hung over, but at least I'm starting again.

Mauritius and getafterit like this.
  13. 30 minutes meditation done

Mauritius likes this.
  14. StoicContemplation

15. NgocHuy

NgocHuy Fapstronaut

Day 6: Meditated.

Mauritius likes this.
  16. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 9: Meditated.

Mauritius likes this.
  17. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Hey you heathens and saints, I’m finally back at it. Today was day 2. I do 5 min right in the morning after waking up. I’m impatient and want that super mental clarity right away - but I know that that’s not how it works. It’s a daily exercise instead. I do feel just a bit calmer though.

18. StoicContemplation

19. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

20. getafterit

getafterit Fapstronaut

Day 10: Meditated.

Mauritius likes this.