1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite inspirational quote in regards to Self Improvement?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sign of the Times, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Sign of the Times

Sign of the Times Fapstronaut

Hey guys and girls. I wanted to share my favorite quote that gives me inspiration when considering the challenges and obstacles in life I determine to overcome. Please contribute with your own thoughts and let me know what you read/tell yourself for encouragement along your journey to becoming a better person. BTW I am paraphrasing here a quote from Henry Ward Beecher:

"Hold yourself accountable to a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself; never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself; and lenient to everyone else".

2. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I like that. Particularly the end, about leniency.

Can I put two? Is that cheating??

"It is more noble to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is truly yours. It can never be taken from you. Not by angels or demons, or in heaven or hell." ~The Buddha

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it'll beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. Ain't you, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ~Rocky Balboa

Sign of the Times likes this.
  3. Icyweb

Icyweb Fapstronaut

The night is darkest just before the dawn.
    Not sure who said it.

Limeaid likes this.
  4. 'It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley, Invictus

One of my favorite lines.

5. Sign of the Times

Your not going to believe this... I found that quote, some time back (like 3 years), got it engraved on a piece of metal and have it hanging around my neck!

6. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

If it was easy everyone would do it.

What did you ever do to deserve being called a man? ~ Modified_Hackware

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. ds112358

ds112358 Fapstronaut

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
    - Albert Einstein

8. "If you want to live a happy life , tie it to goals not to people or objects. "
    -Albert Einstein-

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

The mind is everything. What you think you become. -buddha

10. we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy - Dumbledore

11. mousta

mousta Fapstronaut

“If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.” – uncredited

12. Sign of the Times

"Don't be discouraged when people say your chances are one in a million. Those are exceedingly good odds. Consider the chances of there being intelligent life, somewhere out there in the universe. Even if the odds of it were one in a billion, that could mean 200 civilsations in our Milky Way galaxy alone."

NF SINCE BIRTH and Caveat Emptor like this.
  13. LookinUp

LookinUp Fapstronaut

"The more important an activity is to your soul's evolution, the more resistance you will feel." - Steven Pressfield

Abstaining from PMO is very important for me and for all of us with an addiction. This quote shows why it took me 23 years to start the quitting process and that the reboot process may be difficult, but well worth it.

14. Discontent, blaming, complaining, self-pity cannot serve as a foundation for a good future, no matter how much effort you make.

Eckhart Tolle

WOTL, LookinUp and Sign of the Times like this.
  15. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

This quote is an affirmation that I wrote for myself: I am an attractive and intelligent man of dignity, class and integrity who takes full responsibility for loving myself. I have come to realize that fear is a false-hood that attempts to distract me from becoming the best version of myself; but I am a warrior who is never defeated. Honor is my crown and I wear it proudly.

16. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

"You cannot control what you've done. You can only control what you're going to do." - a fellow athlete around 12 years ago.

Caveat Emptor likes this.
  17. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. -Swami Vivekananda

DKR and Kenji like this.
  18. WOTL

WOTL Fapstronaut

"If you have two pieces of bread, give one to the poor, sell the other and buy hyacinths to feed your soul". Persian proverb.
    The greatest measure of self-improvement lies in the capacity to help others and live a life of simplicity and integrity.

Kenji likes this.
  19. Behnam

Behnam Fapstronaut

20. Hmm, im really not sure but in regards to nofap I know what that would be: Suffer the pain of dicipline or suffer the pain of regret.

BlackCoffee_, Kenji and WOTL like this.