1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

well, meditation helps to ground yourself, it helps develop inner peace which is great to deal with the common world and also to withstand urges. i do all kinds of meditation, focus on breath, on body, on awareness, on compassion, etc...

here´s some tips by a famous buddish monk. i hope it helps :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Gallade_Templar and eagle rising like this.
  3. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 57. I feel a kinda exhaust for the work but I'm fine and keeping going ahead

HE^MAN, eagle rising, Julito and 4 others like this.
  4. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

60 days brave Alliance. Entering Lothlórien ;)

dia 60 - lothlórien.gif

2 months sober now, not a single peak!! proud of myself, never have i gone this far without falling a couple of times to nudity or softcore. so this shows good progress. although i caught myself starting to fish a couple of times, i snap out of it. thanks Universal Man ;)

Now let´s get this show on the road. The following brothers have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. You rock!!!! ;)

@orionpax42 @I will break free - Uruk-Hai
    uruk.gif

@Onan the Barbarian - Hobbit / Hobbiton (now on the journey to destroy the ring. Make us proud brother!!!! :) )
    full map 2.jpg

@I Am Somebody - Elf / Rivendell
    legolas 3.gif

Since Wardruna got a couple of brothers hooked, here´s another song on the Norse Spirit. This is about leaning to a higher protective force. very suitable for us :). Have a great day Fellowship!!! ;)

"White Raven"

"Into twilight
    Lure you in
    White raven
    Veiled and dwelling

Let me ask!
    Lend me a feather
    I will turn it
    into white wings

Let us fly,
    wide on winds
    With hunting minds
    and sorcerous songs

Let me ask!
    Lend me your wide-sight
    Let me espy,
    in fumes of fog

Let me ask!
    Teach me the song
    that allures you… that allures me
    that finds you… that finds me

Will you follow me
    throughout my time?
    Will you watch over me
    throughout my time?

Spirit-bird
    Gave me wings
    White raven
    Gave me foresight
    Chanting-crow
    Gave me the song
    White wings
    Follows me"

5. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

6. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

thank you! So good to be on the Journey again. What a privilege!

RiseToGreatness and Slider8 like this.
  7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

In a simplest terms meditation can be any activity where you are completely absorbed in the process,intensely concentrated on it to the exclusion of everything else from your past life and future plans,it's a living intensely in the present moment whilst pushing aside all irrelevant thoughts.
    Trigger prevention plan is the part of your reboot studies ,so if you do 3, you earlier or later will come and do 6. out of your understanding of 3.
    You can erase Facebook from your phone,just leave messenger ;).

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks,happy to help :).
    If you honestly and seriously follow tip 3 you will develop great vigilance, and every day you study it will increase ;).

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What kind of benefits I do I experience after meditating ? :
    -It makes me more aware and attentive generally.
    -I have expanded knowledge and understanding of the object of my meditation.
    -I have constantly improving ability to perform tasks with minimum to zero distractions.
    -I get the recognition of being in a vibrational state of well-being.It starts from mere seconds but keeps expanding as long as you persevere in your practice.Those are the moments when you stop associating yourself with your name,body,family,duties but become the pure consciousness-awareness the essence of my spirit and soul.
    -It teaches me to keep my goal in mind no matter what and never give up.
    -It makes me aware of what living in the present moment is.Without past and future,just Now.

What kind of meditation do I do? Well, I do my meditation in the morning and it is a simple breath awareness meditation.For the time I set on my timer I sit quite comfortably and concentrate on the sensation in the nostrils from the air passing in and out,which eventually leads to a prolonged uninterrupted awareness at the same location,even when you stop breathing(either after exhalation or after inhalation)which comes quite naturally.When I do it I leave all my past life and future life plans together with their problems behind the best I can and I dwell purely on the object of my meditation. When I become distracted by thoughts about your past or future as soon as I become aware of the distraction- I push it aside and bring my awareness back to the object of meditation.

What are the tips for the beginners in meditation practice ? :
    -Do it when you have high mental awareness-concentration.Best time is in the morning after cold shower( if you can take it :)) and a cup of warm drink of your choice .
    -Don't do it in the evening when you are sleepy because its much harder and kind of forceful and apart from that there are reports linking evening meditation before bed with NE.
    -Start slow, say from 5 minutes and after a week or so add another minute.This way you will gradually progress and build up your meditation time without exposing yourself to too much of the mental effort.If you do this for a year you will be able to meditate for an hour in one session.It's up to you how deep you want to go ;).The more you practice it the more meditation will change you.It is opposite to PMO.Whilst PMO /Lust degrades you-Meditation exalts and makes you better.
    -don't do PMO and meditation at the same time, because mind weakened by PMO can snap if you force it.Wait for 3 days after relapse before starting meditation practice.
    -Try to simplify your life.The less problems you have in life ,the less distractions you will encounter during your meditation.
    -Cultivate good character and high morale, otherwise powers developed during meditation practice will ruin you.The more power you have the more damage you can do if you use it improperly.It's similar to super powerful car with bad breaks and lousy steering.
    -Be PERSISTENT in your practice of meditation. Persistence pays homage of attention to your minds development. It's like a seed planted in the soil, if you don't water it ,it will wither and die.The EVERYDAY attention you pay to your meditation practice is the water to the seed which turns the tiny acorn into the enormous-mighty oak tree.
    -Do not eat too much -be moderate in eating.And the best practice is to meditate on the empty stomach in the morning.

Let's check 'tip' #1 everyday as followed !;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in ! 'Tips' followed:
    1- Meditate :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    2- Stay accountable daily :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    3- Study about the reboot :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    4- Take cold showers :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    5- Challenge daily your excuses to pmo-don't have any
    6- Follow a triggers prevention plan :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    7- Get occupied. Work in your hobbies and dreams :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    8- Practice physical exercise :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    10- Sleep well :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

11. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking back in. Fell off the horse for a while fellowship, but I am ready to get back in the game.

12. TITLE - ORC
    Day 1/500
    Longest streak - 28
    Last streak - 4
    Total PMO - 150
    Total P - 30
    Total hours remaining - 11976
    Days remaining - 499
    Challenges completed - 0
    3 DAYS -
    7 DAYS -
    14 DAYS -
    21 DAYS -
    30 DAYS -
    45 DAYS -
    60 DAYS -
    90 DAYS -
    365 DAYS -
    500 DAYS -

My journey begins for 99th and more times but I will do it again and again I won't give up. This time I will complete it.

13. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 48.
    Yesterday I decided to look at Instagram, because it had been a long time since the last time and I wanted to see if I had any messages from friends. But I let my guard down and ended up fishing. Luckily it was no more, it also reminded me that, although I am having my longest streak in a year, I am still far from being completely free of this vice.

You have to keep in mind that it is easy to fall back into it, a look or an improper thought is enough, which is stored in your memory, which leads you to search for more, and from there you go to P and from P to M. It is a slippery slope, so if we want to avoid the hit at the end, we have to be careful not to slip at the beginning.

Congrats, my fellows!

With all due respect, but I think it is not necessary to insult or be so rude, in a message between strangers in a forum to support us. Perhaps in your case -and in that of other people- the pressure of a "sergeant of iron" is useful, but in the situation of this forum it is out of context in my opinion. All the more so when you don't know the other personally and you don't know if that can do you good or bad.

Also, and this seems more important to me -and by now this not an opinion-, you cannot have those kinds of judgments about someone whose situation we do not know. Here only a few share a few small details of their life related to their PMO addiction and we ignore the rest. And if we look at it, to a greater or lesser extent for ourselves there are aspects of our life that are mysterious and surprise us; because if we knew and controlled everything, we would be perfect and we could leave the PMO at this very moment and never touch it again. But we are not perfect, and we can fall into this process of liberation and self-improvement that does not just last overnight.

That is why we do not know if in his case what has happened to him is good or bad, much less can we from there tell him that he is ignorant, that he has a bad attitude and that his life is being ruined. For example, a few days ago a fellow who was wearing one of the longest streaks of this challenge decided to reset his counter to see P, which he considered bad for him. The same fact, seeing P without M, in someone who relapses every day, if at last one day he manages to control himself and even if he sees P he no longer does M, it is good for him because he takes a step forward in giving up the vice. Hence, the partner to whom you address such words may judge that in his situation it is good that, although he has relapsed, at least he has not seen P.

I hope that I have been understood, I have tried to argue why that comment has seemed inaccurate (although I don´t think you have written it with bad intentions). It seems to me that it does not help the goal of this forum, which is to help us all to leave PMO. We are very different people, of all ages and from all parts of the world, and although it is difficult to bridge those distances, we try to get closer to grow together and united in community to be better people.

In addition to all the good advice that you have been given in previous messages, I would like to point out that in my experience what has served me the most is:
    - Do not use electronic devices for two hours before going to sleep.
    - Do not perform an activity that activates you a lot mentally or physically.
    - Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
    - Mentalize before going to bed that you are going to sleep, that is, a routine before going to bed helps, such as brushing your teeth, preparing clothes for the next day, praying, etc. Thus the body and the mind understand that the activity is over and it is time to rest, and do not radically go from working to being in bed.
    - Related to the above, do not think once we are in bed, so that the mind can relax and rest. Although it is difficult, try not to think that you do not fall asleep and / or you have to sleep, what you have to do is relax.
    - Take care of noises, lights and smells in the bedroom that can disturb sleep.
    - Try to find out what is preventing you from sleeping (for example, the neighbor's noises, the stress of exams, problems with family or friends ...) in order to act on the cause.
    - Tell someone you trust about this problem to help you, or simply to express it.
    - This US military method is very useful and gives easy results.
    Hope it helps!

The first thing I would recommend is "know yourself" (nosce te ipsum, that's what it said in the Greek temple of Delphi). When you relapsed? Where? Why? On what? How often? Etc. This way it is easier to act on the problem and find a suitable solution.

Throughout the NoFap process, but especially in its early stages, it is convenient to be radical, because you do not know where the temptation or trigger may come from that prevents you from leaving the vicious circle of PMO.

If you want to eliminate incognito mode on the internet there are good tutorials for it. And if you want to know more about prevention, watch the UniversalMan videos.

Sts. Theresa of Avila and Maravillas of Jesus, pray for us!

14. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

15. What are some of the things that have helped you make it this far?

LuckyMan, Slider8 and RiseToGreatness like this.
  16. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Reading books , cold shower, workout , learning french, doing moderator work etc..
    My point is just keep yourself busy

17. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 6,

It has been really nice being away from the computer (and having the option to walk away now that finals are over). Things are good and back to Uruk-Kai. Keeping up with James-Bond Showers, getting back into running after the week long finals grind (~70 pages written) and I owe a ton of credit to a friend who proofread all of them and motivated me trough the process.

Thanks again Fellowship!

18. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut