1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 50.
    Moria is waiting us! It´s a dark place, but there is a worse obscurity: the one of who doesn´t want to see reality. There is a proverb: "there's no one more blind than he who refuses to see". Many times we deceive ourselves and hide reality because deep down we don't want to change it. And we turn a deaf ear to those who give us good advice. In NoFap you have to be strong, look reality in the face, and fight the PMO to change your life for the better. It is a complicated war, where there will be no magic remedy (or a list of remedies) that will immediately give us victory. What can serve one cannot help another. Each one has its starting circumstances, which will change according to progress or retreat in the battle against the PMO and therefore, you will have to change the strategy.

Hence the importance of knowing yourself, taking care of your inner life to know how you are going in the war of conquering yourself. Because you are your enemy and the battlefield is your destiny. As Sun Tzu says: "If you know your enemy and you know yourself, you should not fear the result of a thousand battles. If you know yourself but not your enemy, for each battle you win you will suffer a defeat. If you don't you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will lose all the battles".

But with this I do not deny that we can help or advise, but I affirm that in the end each one has to fight his own battle. As much as we would also like to free others from the vice of PMO, if they do not allow themselves to be helped or do not want to fight we cannot do anything for them, we cannot fight their battle for them. And I will add one more thing, and to explain it I will use an analogy: each one is a general of the army of his life, but the circumstances in which he lives make him be at one point in history or another.

Trajan and his Roman legions are not the same as Richard the Lionheart commanding the crusaders. Someone who is in ancient times, like Aníbal Barca, can be inspired by the tactics of Alexander the Great to achieve victory but it will be more difficult for Almanzor or Charlemagne. Which does not prevent that, as Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba did, take something from the Macedonian phalanges to apply it to their situation and create the Spanish Tercios. That already depends on, for example, the way of fighting of each one, on how their army / personality is, their historical circumstances, how the enemy is (how, why and when we re-offend) and the type of war, offensive or defensive. But there always will be a sobrenatural help awaiting to be call, like the Winged Hussars at Wien o the Rohirrim at Minas Tirith. So remember to light the beacons, don´t give up the battle altough it´s seems impossible. With God nothing is impossible. I hope this reflection will help you.

Congrats! A new elf for our fellowship.

Thanks, mellon!

St. Augustine of Hippo, pray for us!

2. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Day 66 Complete

Paddeling down the river, I crossed The Gates of Argonath, The Pillars of Kings.

3. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 10. Feeling like some of my sexual energy is back. Although I am not ready emotionally to find a new girlfriend I am feeling like I want to start approaching girls and get back to being sexually active.

4. Starboii

Starboii Fapstronaut

5. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

6. day 6
    so i didn't posted yesterday, should i post everyday?

7. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

If you can. But doesn't matter if you miss sometimes.

8. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 59. Everything it's going fine so just let's keep walking step by step

9. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 18

Feeling better today, and hopeful. Today I want to get some editing done that I've been putting off. I'd like to lift too, but in all likelihood that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Trying to pray throughout the day and take a few moments to just stop and breathe. I've also been trying to eat and drink less the past couple of days.

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Some history in song about 'I am Fire,...I am Death':

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in ! 'Tips' followed:
    1- Meditate :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    2- Stay accountable daily :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    3- Study about the reboot :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    4- Take cold showers :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:yes but because of the headache I took hot shower before taking cold one today.
    5- Challenge daily your excuses to pmo-don't have any
    6- Follow a triggers prevention plan :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    7- Get occupied. Work in your hobbies and dreams :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:yes but not really as much as I'd like.
    8- Practice physical exercise :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    10- Sleep well-for the first 5 hours ,woke up with a bad headache and went back to sleep only to lie in bed and feel it.

12. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 39! Still going! Crucial times are coming that I have to bear as my daily schedule has once again taken a turn due to work! Yet work has nothing to do with my journey so It should not be a reason for me to fail!
    I wish you all aq good week-end and a lot of courage!

13. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

My brothers and sisters, my laptop is on repair so im checking through the mobile, which i hate because of the small letters and screen

Today was a hard day for me, i stayed home with flu but the urges were renteless anyhow. So i caught myself trying to fish and i even found a sexy picture, so i did the self talk. after that i tried to be busy and change my all environment so i did some tasks but do to my sickness i didn't do much. So i end up watching television, which i had cut as part of my dopamine detox plan. And it worked, i stayed amused and my mind drift away from lust.

It was that or peaking again, and if i did it i would be in a world of hurt. This was the most difficult challenge i faced in this streak.

My laptop only arrives on monday so the next days i will be checking from the mobile again and not upgrading anyone. Anyways, keep going strong Companion and i will update everyone when i have my laptop back

Onward!!!!

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

By staying in the vicious cycle of relapses we are loosing health,relationships,reputations and time which is quite limited resource.
    What do you think about this video?

15. uGes

uGes Fapstronaut

Thank you! I will more take part!

16. uGes

uGes Fapstronaut

day 0 of 3 - I will set myself small goals from now on and try to achieve them. I will take you with me every day. Maybe I will not manage to write one day, but that should be the exception.
    My first goal is 3 days. The journey begins

17. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 113.

AVOID TRIGGERS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! CHANGE REQUIRES CHANGE.

Using LOTR challenge tips to keep me in the zone, mentally.
    - Meditate - Yes, moments of meditation throughout the day and while running
    - Stay accountable daily - yes!
    - Study about the reboot - Not at the moment.
    - Take cold showers - my body tenses thinking about this. I haven't done for many years. But, I have made it pretty far nonetheless
    - Challenge daily your excuses to pmo - Everyday while meditating
    - Follow a triggers prevention plan - No social media, no YT, no video entertainment whatsoever, excluding videos shared in these forums
    - Get occupied. Work in your hobbies and dreams - putting hours into my thesis
    - Practice physical exercise - Ran 5.5 miles w/4-30sec full sprints (these kicked my ass!)
    - Eat healthy - scrambled eggs, chicken and whole veggies, water and tea
    - Sleep well - not very well

18. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 8,

Another good day. Keeping productive during the break and being sure to get good rest. Pleased with the grades coming in from finals! 2 grades left!

Keep strong Fellowship

19. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut