1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to approach a girl who is a stranger in public.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Hello. I'm looking for tips for approaching a girl in public to help overcome social anxiety on nofap. Also the pros and cons of approaching strangers and good types of places to meet new people?

2. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

I dont think is a good idea to randomly approach unknown women in the streets. It dont have any sense and is not good for you or them.

With that said, if you have severe social anxiety then I would recommend to you: Do the NoPMO start recovering, that is going to make you feel better with yourself in the first place. Then start random conversations with strangers in the streets. Not only women, everybody. And dont approach them, just talk to them when somebody is phisically close to you.

If somebody walk up to you, or look you in the eyes, say "Hi".
    If somebody is close to you like in the bus station or whatever, make a random comment to them, say "oh! is freezing in here!" or "the bus is taking too long!" whatever it comes to mind. Think out loud. And go from there, without pushing things. You are just expressing yourself

If you can do this naturally, without pressure, without being anxious then thats it. If saying "hello" to a stranger in public just become who you are, then you can do it with a girl

Trulsbrotha, sfmark12, Enulv and 3 others like this.
  3. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

I recommend you to take it slow, step by step. That will be, don't make things that require a very big effort for you, or that are very risky, or that the risk of rejection is high. Begin with what is easy, that is, approach little kids, old people, then you can start talking to people of your age (including women). You can talk of whatever, if the other person wants to talk with you, you'll notice it immeditely. It is nice to talk with random people, you might get new friends. Some may reject you, but do that because you want it, not depending on the other people's reaction, do that because you're beeing nice to them.

Life is of taking risks, life is of discovering.

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  4. omegasigma

omegasigma Fapstronaut

Dont listen to that guy over there , there is nothing wrong with aprroaching random women you like .
    Bottom line is , if you dont approach you wont be getting any numbers , no numbers means no dates and no dates means no gf or experience , so when you meet a woman that you like as much as she likes you , you will blow a great oppurtunity because you dont know what to do .
    Here is how to approach it is very simple i started doing it recently :
    First look for a girl you like , go up to her and say something like , hi , i know this is strange but you just passed by and i though you looked amazing , just say what ever is on your mind and what you like about her , and try to banter and have a good time , after 10 or 15 minutes just say you have to run , and ask for her number .
    I could go in detail but the reply would be too long , if you would like a legitimate source on this matter i can give you the answers you seek and for free , wisdome that will save you from heart breaks if you are willing to take a hand , let me know .
    And good luck .

Trulsbrotha and lonewarrior97 like this.
  5. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

Try to "banter and have a good time", TRY. So, you are not having a real good time: "fake it till you make it"...
    After 10 15 minutes "say you have to run", even tho you have NOTHING BETTER TO DO, so: "fake it till you make it".

Your advice is to FAKE.
    Keep doing that until you believe it.
    So you eat your own bullsh*t, then you become a FAKE.

Buddy, just shut up

6. omegasigma

omegasigma Fapstronaut

Nothing fake about it , just be honest about what you like about the girl and get her number no need to talk for hours .

Knascher6789 likes this.
  7. I_Can_Do_Itt

I_Can_Do_Itt Fapstronaut

You can watch Steven Shapiro on youtube, an amazing man doing videos of approaching random stranger girls pretending to be nervous and awkward, and he still gets their numbers. learn from his self confidence. It is all about trusting in yourself.

Knascher6789 and Branchman like this.
  8. Idk what you're problem is thats pretty good advice, and whats the point of calling his advice out if you don't have some of your own to offer.

9. The best thing you can do is to go out there and just start talking to girls, it doesn't have to be about something incredible just start talking about anything, then when you're comfortable just talking to girls, get out of your comfort zone and start trying to get a date with her. I will tell you though getting a girlfriend, or getting a girl to go out with you on a date is something you have to learn from experience, there are no instructions or lines you can follow to get a girl, and someone else's advice might not work with you because everyone is different, even girls. My advice is to get comfortable talking to girls, just talking nothing special, you don't have to make her day or anything just talk start small like saying hi, or asking questions, making a joke, speaking your mind, then when you can be yourself around a girl, find a girl you like and initiate a conversation. The most important thing about asking out a girl is to be confident and direct, don't be afraid to just ask, this is my biggest problem, when I talk to girls we just end up being freinds when we could have been something more if I just ask her out. Don't get comfortable with being friends and don't be afraid to take risks. Again this advice is to help you understand what having a simple conversation with a girl is like, you have to learn how to keep the conversation going and how to direct the conversation to dating, no one can do this for you, I've learned that.

10. Hey man

I have been approaching girls on the street and in my everyday life in an intense way for the last 3 years.
    Everything you can read above about "don't do it, it's weird etc" is wrong.

It's an incredible adventure and at the beginning it's difficult because you have your own experience, your own beliefs. And the goal of this process is to free yourself from it in order to become free.

It starts with one thing: overcoming your fear. And when you overcome it you will realize how wrong everything you believed about yourself and the world was. That it is possible to change your beliefs and turn to something much healthier for yourself and others.

It takes willpower. There is no better way to do it. There is YOUR way. And you have to find it. To do that, you have to get over your fear of approaching girls. The more you do it, the less you will believe your fear. It will always be there, but it won't have the same hold on you as it did at the beginning.
    And if you're wrong about fear and the weirdness of approaching, maybe you're wrong about the rest too.

This process is about exploring your beliefs to become free little by little.
    Don't look for the best way not to get rejected or get something. Because you can't control the future. It's useless. It's like hitting a stone wall and hoping it will fall down. You hurt yourself. When you feel fear, accept it fully. Accept life as it is and take action. You'll see how liberating it is. You'll be proud of yourself, and you'll grow.
    real value comes from within.

11. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

It is not good advice.
    You are not a sellsman to women. You lose value. Do that, and your self esteem is going to drop down low. Any man doing that, is a lesser and needy man.
    Needy is not attractive.

Approaching random girls on the streets is going to harm your personal value at a subconcious level.

Read above, i already give my advice.

Oh, and I meet a girl on the street last night, we get back toghether on a cab. I am talking with her on the phone right now.
    I know exactly what Iam talking about here

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  12. You have too much ego man
    Kindness and vulnerability are the purest and most attractive behaviors.
    What is not attractive is a guy who is nice by default and not by choice. By default because he thinks he needs to add something to who he is in order to be complete as a person.

Approaching a girl on the street and showing our vulnerability and compassion is the purest thing we can do.
    Being needy is changing who we are to get what we want in order to fill an inner void. It has nothing to do with approaching girls.

You can approach a girl by telling her that she's lovely, but also communicate to her that you are enough as a person and you are detached from the situation because you love yourself. This will be the most honest thing you can do because there's nothing else behind this compliment. Just pure honesty and freedom.
    A man who expresses himself authentically is anything but needy, in fact it is the opposite.

And stop with this "high value" "low value" thing. There's no such thing. What matters is what you think if yourself, how you perceive yourself not how you gonna get what you want.
    Because we project what we think of ourselves to the world without even being aware of it.

Our ego, anger, self doubt, self criticism, all of these things come from within. We think the answer is the outside like having more because looking at ourselves honestly is something terrifying for most of us.

That's why most people can't meditate for more than 5 minutes because being alone with themselves is too hard. There are too much insecurities, self doubt and other things we've been hiding all our lives out of ego that come to mind. How can you be at ease with other people's if you're not even at ease with your own presence?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2020
    Trulsbrotha likes this.
  13. It's nonsense.
    If You've never approached girls on the street, your brain will stop you. It's totally natural. Si yeah you'll need to get out of your comfort zone.

As if you've never worked out you're going to have to keep a rhythm and it's going to be hard to get up at 6am every morning if you're not used to it.

Like learning to drive or play piano. You'll feel resistance at first.

That doesn't mean that talking to this girl won't be authentic. Fear is a way to express your authenticity.
    If you don't want to force anything, I invite you to order a pizza and get drunk. If that's how you see life lol.
    It has nothing to do with approaching girls on the street. But thank you for your advice. Even though my life has totally changed since I've been approaching girls, I'm going to take your advice into consideration. I don't know what I would do without you ...
    I wish you to free yourself from all this rage and sadness that you have in you. I mean it sincerely. Take care of yourself :)

@SpecBec if you're interested this man has been a true inspiration and explains lots of useful things

I_Can_Do_Itt likes this.
  14. Nothing in life just comes to you, you have to put in some sort of effort. Even making a random comment or being yourself around a stranger takes some effort, there is no difference from your advice to the advice being given here, no matter which he chooses to follow he will have to put in effort to achomplish his goal. Your problem is that you think what you do works for everyone, you probably assume that your the only one who knows what he's talking about but thats just ignorance. NO matter what you do in life you have to put effort, you can call it "forcing yourself" but its effort nonetheless.

15. I_Can_Do_Itt

I_Can_Do_Itt Fapstronaut

There is no fool here but you... The man you are arguing with has a convincing advice but your brain cannot accept it ...Please stop calling people here dumbs or fools.. Be respectful or leave

16. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

Well, thank you for this. Seems like you actually can interpret what is actually being written. This other guy is clueless, some people need to learn by their own mistake.

But, for the people that can land and apreciate experience, here is the thing:
    This point you are making here on the quote, is the main thing.
    Based on effort, there is no difference between start a conversation with someone and approach a girl. Given, that if you have social anxiety you will struggle with both. So from that perspective, there is no difference between my advice and the other.

But

When you aply that effort in just being open and comfortable with anybody, you will, in the future become that: just open and direct and extrovert with anyone as you should. There is no "agenda". Get it?

On the other hand, if you force yourself to do it with girls and only with girls, you are trying to develop a psychological device to GET GIRLS. Thats it. You force yourself to approach girls because you are SEX FOCUSED, and need to get GIRLS. You have an agenda. You are needy, you need the outcome.

Dont give me the BS, I know, you know, the girl knows, everybody knows that you just whant to GET HER. Is like the difference between somebody talking to you just because, and somebody talking to you to sell you some sh*tty phone or some other crap. You can tell the difference, is pretty obvious. And is so cringe

YOU FEEL ASHAMED WHEN YOU APPROACH, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF.
    Your "advice" is only to numb yourself off that feeling. But instead you should listen to that feeling.

Dont get your ass in a cringey situation. Dont be a fool.
    Respect yourself
    Become a valuable man, not a creep.

17. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

I can smoke all of you.
    I literally developed a sex addiction over the years. I am literally retaining because I am tired of f*ck random chicks, this is no joke

And dont give me the YT as a proof of anything about girls. Just proof how clueless you are

This is the real world

18. InTheWilderness

InTheWilderness Fapstronaut

I don’t have much to say or add to the conversation, but just want to comment on this. I have seen this played out in real life. Poor guy, tried on many girls and in many different days. It was really cringey to watch. I kind of felt sorry for the guy... my guess is that he followed some YT video. I doubt that he was aware of others noticing that he’s trying the pickup/approach game. He was lost in his world.

Nº 9 likes this.
  19. omegasigma

omegasigma Fapstronaut

You guys are really making this more complicated tha it needs to be , in fact so much so that i suggest to the original OP to look for advice else where because this is really not it .

20. InTheWilderness

InTheWilderness Fapstronaut

the way I see it is that No9 gives a wholesome approach, ones that should be practiced on both genders. No girl on the street? No problem, approach guys... or the man waiting in line behind you. If you’re able to just approach people randomly then it shouldn’t be a problem approaching girls (in theory).

On the other hand, people are saying that it’s different with approaching girls because of beauty/attraction that is involved and that it can be much more difficult etc... so to get good and proficient at it you must practice approaching them.