1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Sincerest thanks for sharing what you are going through. The fact that you have come straight back on to this forum after this reset, speaks volumes for your strength of character. Do not erode this strength by looking at P. Your strength of character will be your greatest ally in these tough times. Nurture your strengths, look after yourself, care for yourself - to hell with self-sabotage. We are here also, your online Fellowship. This scare you are going through is bringing you closer to reality than most of us are comfortable with, but that is where the treasure lies - life has come knocking on your door and what you experience now will stand to you for all your future adventures in this life and the next. Please continue to share your experiences with us as you are benefitting each and everyone of us. Praying for your physical, mental and, most importantly, spiritual health @Cartographer

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  2. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

4. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Check-in. One of my best run times today morning. Good start to the day. Have a good day everyone! :)

5. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Wooohoo! Fantastic going!

6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 118. Checking in

Have a blessed day fellowship.

- Meditate - Yes, moments of meditation throughout the day and while running
    - Stay accountable daily - yes!
    - Study about the reboot - Reading passages about the negative effects of masturbation.
    - Take cold showers -
    - Challenge daily your excuses to pmo - Everyday while meditating and while talking with my wife
    - Follow a triggers prevention plan - No social media, no YT, no video entertainment whatsoever, excluding videos shared in these forums
    - Get occupied. Work in your hobbies and dreams - learning WRF program
    - Practice physical exercise - Ran in the strong wind.
    - Eat healthy - eggs, beans, chicken and veggies
    - Sleep well - Don't feel like I slept well.

7. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Thank you!

LuckyMan and RiseToGreatness like this.
  8. Day 17 complete.

I only have time for a short check-in tonight, but today was the worst day of the streak so far in terms of urges. I slept in late, only went for a short run, didn't eat good meals--just not a super productive or healthy day. I won't pretend I'm not a little scared for what the future holds, but the BRACE technique was helpful for me, so I will continue to apply that.

9. Yeah boyyy 200 club checking in! Haha.

Day 240.

10. Back to being a Urak-Hai.
    Those one week urges are coming back strong but I'm determined to make it further than before.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas time.

11. Check in for day 24!

- Meditate - Every night before bed. I am using an app called 'atom' now to make it into a habit.
    - Stay accountable daily - Here I go.
    - Study about the reboot - Yes, but should do this more.
    - Take cold showers - Hell yes!
    - Challenge daily your excuses to pmo - Check.
    - Follow a triggers prevention plan - I can highly recommend removing any excess to incognito modes and other browsers and social media. But of course, the path to triggers is always open with internet.. still struggling sometimes, hope to find the power through the use of these other 'tips'.
    - Get occupied. Work in your hobbies and dreams - every day for a bit (since it is the holiday), after the holiday I will go back to working fulltime as a freelancer and with the start of my own company so that will be great!
    - Practice physical exercise - Just finished an upper/lower/push/pull/legs workout routine for training at home and it's great. Will do pull this afternoon. Also jumping rope today.
    - Eat healthy - always.
    - Sleep well - always.

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in !
    'Tips' followed :
    1)Meditate-done,
    2)Stay accountable daily- done,
    3)Study about reboot-done,
    4)Take cold showers-not today still feel symptoms of cold/flu,
    5)Don't have excuses to PMO because I can clearly see it for what it really is and what it offers (..like they say in one old good movie-'The wages of sin is death 'and so is with PMO its wages are ilnesses,destruction and death( death to your health,death to your relationships,death to you brain power etc....and beware those who continue to relapse when you hit the tipping point in your indulgence and your health will collapse with multiple bodily and mental symptoms you will prefer death to living in a ruined body and soul.I recently watched '1408' movie (check it out )-don't be like that writer, PMO is like that room in the hotel, once you're in, against warnings ,you are bound to suffer)
    6)Follow a trigger prevention plan-done.
    7)Get occupied.Work on your hobbies and dreams-done some already and gonna do more trough the day.
    8)Practice physical exercise-done
    9)Eat healthy-haven't eaten today yet :).
    10)Sleep well-done( woke up without an alarm after 7.5 hours in bed :))

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  13. Checking in for Day 18 - last night, I did have a few twitches due to stimuli from the urges to go on PMO but I handled myself well and after that, it was easy to fall asleep.

14. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

15. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

16. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

17. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 56. In the bridge of Khazad Dûm a strong battle is fought against PMO.

Congrats!

[​IMG]
    Sacred Family, pray for us! Merry Christmas to everyone !

18. newlife+

newlife+ Fapstronaut

happy to see you completing many challenges and hope you will be keep moving forward #nofap

19. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 16. I have noticed that when I do have a wet dream it always gets right up to the point where I am going to have sex with the girl and I get rejected or something in the dream happens to change. Has anyone had this experience? I am wondering if it has to do with a fear of rejection that I have never fully addressed.