1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Literature thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Cucurbito, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

Hi everyone! I want to discuss 2 topics on this thread.
    1) 4 years ago I started reading a lot. Mainly prose fiction. Of course I've read before. But it was like 4-5 books in summertime. Now I read at least for an hour almost every day. So, my question is, are there any book nerds like me on this forum? I think it would be cool to discuss our favourite books and what we're currently reading while living in different parts of the world. Maybe someone should create nofap literature club or something in groups section.
    2) Speaking of books, has someone read Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace? Is it worth checking out?

P.S. Sorry for my English skills. It's not my first language.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  2. I never was big into reading, but I loved comics a lot growing up, for me the visuals just work better. If you want the best comic book ever made its called bone by jeff smith. As far as fantasy books go I think the warriors series is good, honestly most of the books I read are natural medicine books and the bible, I love historical books to.

Cucurbito likes this.
  3. Hey there.
    I used to be more of a reader before than I'm now. Shame I don't do it more often, but I'm now starting to read Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment"
    From what I've heard it's a really good read in terms of psychology, so... I'd suggest that one if you have some interest in mind stuff etc. Not too easy to read, cause it's... Bit boring in writing style I guess, but overall a good read I suggest.

Cucurbito likes this.
  4. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

Wow, great book. Dostoyevsky is awesome. One of my favourites for sure. In terms of psychology check out his Notes from the Underground. And yeah, sometimes it's hard to read his prose, especially in Russian. But in overall he's grear writer and great thinker.

5. I read in Latvian :D So we live next to each other it turns out :D
    Kak dela?

6. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice, man! I enjoy natural biology books as well. By the way, I am microbiologist myself:)

BravelyKegger likes this.
  7. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

Дела норм, на работе вот сижу:) Как сам?

8. Oh wow very interesting

Cucurbito likes this.
  9. I love reading! But libraries and bookstores are getting closed in my country again so I'm reading online in pdf lately, even though I can enjoy a book in it's physical form a lot much more :emoji_upside_down:

Cucurbito likes this.
  10. Jabloko em :D

Cucurbito likes this.
  11. It will be a sad day when books go fully digital

Dares Greeneye and Cucurbito like this.