1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you stop prone masturbation

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Monkeybear, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Monkeybear

Monkeybear Fapstronaut

Hello! I’ve had a really bad habit of doing this and now I’m unable to orgasm with any of my partners.

How do you deal with the urge? It’s so annoying because I can stay up all night just thinking about random shit and I used to have a really bad habit of prone masturbating right before when I would sleep and right when I got up.

I want to develop a healthy sexuality but I feel like this is going to be an issue in future relationships and sex is just not as enjoyable as doing it myself.

I feel disgusted with myself and I want to get better.

2. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

My suggestion is to start with very small amount of days. Try to make to the week, then expand your goal from there. To clear the mind, meditation helps. 5 min, just think of your breathing only. It’s difficult, I’m still slowly getting better and like with any exercise it takes time, but it can help the racing thoughts and urges.

3. Monkeybear

Monkeybear Fapstronaut

What meditation do you do specifically

blacklabel92 likes this.
  4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

It’s really simple for 5 minutes, I sit on a chair close my eyes and pay attention the moment breathing in and out.

5. pump20

pump20 Fapstronaut

You can also lay down on the bed and close eyes too.

blacklabel92 and Monkeybear like this.
  6. Monkeybear

Monkeybear Fapstronaut

Any special breathing techniques?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  7. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I don’t personally do it, except to just breath in and out. If you go on YouTube though there’s plenty of different mantras and techniques. Just be aware that the more complex you make the practice, the more likely you may skip out of it.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  8. Do you sleep on your stomach?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  9. Monkeybear

Monkeybear Fapstronaut

yeah smh

blacklabel92 likes this.
  10. I'm not sure what "smh" is short for. But I imagine that being a stomach sleeper makes a lot of people more prone to prone masturbation and/or wet dreams. Could you try sleeping on your side?
    Maybe wear clothing that would make you less likely to masturbate. Some women I know have found that wearing long dresses to bed helps. Others have suggested keeping their fingernails long and/or wearing gloves to bed.
    Do you have any other ideas of what might help? I used a
    chastity device
    when I was really struggling with urges and it helped, sometimes making the difference between getting through another night versus a relapse.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  11. I’m curious what device did you use and do you recommend it?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  12. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

im still getting used to the terminology. so prone M basically means when your laying on your back or stomache right?

13. hopeandfaith

hopeandfaith Fapstronaut

yep, I'd lay on my stomach with the flaccid penis. Put my hands or an object under my crotch and mimic the missionary position until I reach the orgasm. Did that up to 7-8 times a day during my teen. My very first ejaculation happened this way. It was highly addictive because it was more relaxing than fapping the usual way and you don't have to be aroused to cum.
    However, it harms you leading to potential DE and ED. Lucky me, I stopped before too late. It's like slowing killing your dick and your future sexual life.

+TenPercent likes this.
  14. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

prone = face down
    supine = face up

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

smh = shake my head

16. I recommend ones made of steel. Be prepared to invest in a few to find one that fits you just right. PM me if you want more info, this topic can be very triggering for some.

Interesting. I had no idea! Not really a prone masturbator myself. I always imagined that one needed to be erect, which sounded very uncomfortable, but that changes everything.
    And, it kind of makes me feel a bit more normal for all the times that I have gotten off without an erection. Thank you for that. :)

17. Flame Girl

Flame Girl New Fapstronaut

I can relate to it sooo much

Wugazi32 and +TenPercent like this.