1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where does it come from?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by re-Wire, Dec 31, 2020.

1. re-Wire

re-Wire Fapstronaut

I feel like nobody asks the question "Where does it come from?", the it being everything, our whole universe, this galax and all other galaxies. And yet many of us believe that we understand our reality, our day and our existence in it but we are in reality the total opposite, we do not even understand that gravity is holding us down, like their being a force holding us down that we can not even feel because our brain normalizes it for us. Do you feel the weight of the force that keeps you from floating? You should feel it if you understood just a lititle bit of the atmosphere we exist in within our planet earth.

We are blind. We have made ourselves believe that we are capable of "seeing" because we have eyes. Our eyes are not "seeing", it is merley a vision. It is a homo sapien organ of capturing waves (as far as we understand) and feed it to our sensory inputs in our brain that then runs the signal through other parts of our brains to make sense of what it is seeing. Don't believe me or want to understand it deeper? Watch this:

Every existence ever since you formation has fed you with a part of its own existence. This surpasses our aspect of time. Whatever you have been formed into is forming the rest of existence as well in realtime. Another thing I believe many have forgotten is the concept of time we live in is not real. There is no tomorrow, there is no yesterday. We exist together with time. We do not exist in a separate universe or existence from time, we are together with it. We age with it. We breath with it. It is merely a way for us to portray what has happened, to be able to predict what can happen, so that we are able to think for a future, to have a drive to live with understand of our environment in a better way, to be able to put words, create societes, build knowledge as advanced as what humanity has accomplished so that I am able to share my existence with you all.

It is truly profound. Will you be it, or I? Or will you let that it be someone else that takes a huge part of your environment, whether that be physically or mentally? What is it even?

What you do in every living moment, breathing, your body constantly working to support your survival, repairing, cleaning, blood flowing through your veins. A procces your brain performing constantly. The brain that you possess. Ever since it was formed into existence. Ever since the start of your time. We all live in our own time. We all are each stuck in time. Everything that exists is stuck in time. Our physical body changes constantly throughout our physical bodys existence and our life as we know it. We are formed by the "time" we have traversed and it is an eternal part of us no matter how it formed it, any kind of existence we have been in any contact with has formed us to what we are. And we continue to be formed.

The question I'm looking to discuss is where does it come from? We understand that our physical biology works in such a way that we are formed by our environment and everything has formed everything and this is what it is now, but where did all of that come from, does something exist outside of our existence of this universe of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets. And if not, is there truly no other sentient existence within 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets?

I am truly astonished of our existence and to be able to partake in all of yours especially in hope of helping you fighting the it that is trying to destroy you and flourish with a healthier it, one that it purposeful to the core of your existence in this beautiful existence.

aricking and WOODROW like this.
  2. You will enjoy to read David Bohm, Max Planck, Fritjof Capra and Absolutly Rupert Sheldrake if you didn't know thm yet :)
    I know you don't probably know Italian but i will suggest Giuliana conforto but probably there is no articles in English

aricking and re-Wire like this.
  3. re-Wire

re-Wire Fapstronaut

Thank you for this, I will look into what they have shared with us :) Perhaps you have something in recommendation, I would appreciate some guidance.

aricking and En?gma like this.
  4. Normally when you start with Philosophy you follow a solid Path, i've recently reay O'Zizni (Something like "About the Life" in english) by Tolstoj and is amazing. Everything that came after "Anna Karenina" (after his esistential crysis) is Art directly from the Soul, you will enjoy it more if you have read New Textament anyway. Another book that i have recently read is Philosophy of Liberty, Prof. Rudolf Steiner, this guy understand most of the reality of what we are living in, without internet (he died in 1925), but i warn you that this book is really hard, i read it two time but i still understand only like 70% and i still had problem with it,is not for everyone, there is many books from him more easy to read.
    But from Ancient Greeks we have only to learn, Plato, Socrates, Epicuro, Corpus Hermeticum, ecc...also Giordano Bruno is nice, the list is infinite

You have to choose by yourself what do you want. The only thing i can say is to stay away from New Age (Rudolf Steiner was a Theosophist but he leaved them and founded his own doctrine, antroposofia) and from Icke, a guy that mix bullshit with truth, he will bring you outside the rails and confuse you, despite his books are really easy and accessible.

and i leave you with this banned tedx

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
  5. since you like perceptions, brain etc you should also read doors of perceptions by Aldous Huxley but i didn't read it yet.

6. re-Wire

re-Wire Fapstronaut

aricking likes this.
  7. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

You are a deep thinker. I amazed when I read you essay. Will comme t later with my thoughts

8. re-Wire

re-Wire Fapstronaut

I appreciate that, it means a lot to me coming from you. I look forward to reading your thoughts :)

WOODROW likes this.
  9. Piter22

Piter22 New Fapstronaut

thank you. really interesting

re-Wire likes this.
  10. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Today I wish you and I can sit down and have a nice conversation talking about things of substance. I bring some of my books along to the beach or park by woods and read. I was a major in philosophy in college...so metaphysical thinking is important to me. I sure wish I could have a friend of like mind...a great book on the theme of Time is a book called THE END OF TIME by Julian Barbour. Now that I have a quiet day I can carefully read your essay on time.

aricking likes this.
  11. re-Wire

re-Wire Fapstronaut

I appreciate your thoughts, I will make sure to take a look at that book!

aricking likes this.
  12. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

I believe that Albert Eienstein believed that time is man's invention. Astrophysicist have come up with this 'wormhole' theory that there are these highways in universe that don't have 3 dimensional rules...time as we know it does not exist. Rest assured I will re-read the comment you posted a few days ago.