1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by TheReddestFlare, Dec 30, 2020.

1. TheReddestFlare

TheReddestFlare Fapstronaut

I do plenty of exercise and aren't too subhuman looking irl. What are some good places to meet women?

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Depending on age woman are attracted to different things.

Below 30 woman want the bad boy. The man that don't give a f*k, treat them poorly, is on his pourpuse, is good looking, have a good body and is popular. The typical alpha, if you are more like the beta guy you are invisible to them unless you are really..really good looking.

Over 30 woman start to look for a provider to support her family. So they look for succecfull man, man with status, man with power, basically man with a good bank account. Good looks and a good body helps but is not that important at this age.

Of course that is what a woman is attracted to, they will work to seduce those kind of man. If you are those kind of man you don't have to move a muscle to get woman, woman will be all over you.

If you are not that kind of man, work to became one. Work on your budy, stop been the nice guy (beta) and became a little more alpha every day and work on getting as much money as you can. That will increase your value in womans eyes, and they will be a lot more interested in dating you. If you are broke, ugly and act like a beta no woman is going to be interested in you and you will be doomed to work a LOT to seduce a woman. Even broke, ugly, fat ladies want a succesfull man in their life. They only settle for the beta provider type late in her 30's to have a family.

3. Some women are just after a good bank account but thats not usually the case. Women are attracted to a lot of different things. There are 16 different types of seducers according to a book I just read. What you are describing is the Rake (bad boy). It isnt about threating a girl badly really. Sometimes you can but the whole point with this kind of seducer is to appear somewhat dangerous to the girl. Give her the impression that she can loose you at any moment which creates strong emotions.

Not everyone fits this style and I definitely dont use that style. It is effective on some women but often it will scare them away.

I wont go into detail about all the different types. Casanova used a style called the ideal lover which is the art of flattery. Casanova sent love letters, brought flowers and gave people money and gifts. Then he would disappear completely for a while. He was somewhat aggressive but if a woman stopped him at any point he would just leave a letter on her desk and thank her for her time. He was never needy but he handled every woman with respect.

Girls that are attracted to bad boys is usually a red flag for me. They usually have self esteem issues. It should be enough to just be confident, witty, have some manners, be well educated or at least have read a couple books. Be somewhat aggressive when pursuing women but dont chase them. Try to make them chase you or you will fail. Also be willing to walk away if things turn bad.

To answer OPs question: University parties, clubs, find some hobbies like joining a hiking group. Stay away from dating apps. Women are everywhere. Just go places where you can find women. You can even hit on women in libraries if you are confident enough. I recently chatted up my neighbor and asked her dog to chase my cat.

Reborn16 and 1.ziyaul.1 like this.
  4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

I'm sure there are but woman before knowing you at all are attracted to basic stuff. Money, status, power and looks. If you don't have any of those they are not going to be attracted to you, no matter how skilled in seduction you are, or bad boy or nice guy. They are not going to give you the time a day.

hulkfresh23 and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  5. TheReddestFlare

TheReddestFlare Fapstronaut

I needed some black pills today.

6. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

You gotta be dating a woman regularly and then wait until she has that talk of "exclusivity" with you. Women are the gatekeepers of sex & relationships.

7. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Man propose sex to woman, woman choose the best candidate to have sex with. Woman ask for relationship to the best man she can get, man decide witch woman he is going to marry.
    So in my eyes woman is the gatekeeper of sex and man is the gatekeeper of relationships.

8. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Naah, this is read pilled. Black pilled people hate woman (or at least that's what I read, if there is some black pilled guy here, he can correct me).
    I love woman as they are but is good to understand them before interacting with them.

9. Hercules9

Hercules9 Fapstronaut

This is overly simplistic at best, and I know plenty of exceptions. Even the women who do go for confidence, if they're intelligent, go for the real thing. "Bad boys" are usually insecure little boys with mummy issues, and brighter women can see it; I've witnessed a so called "bad boy", who was always getting into fights and had a long criminal record, break down in tears and tell his girlfriend he "just wanted to be loved". Real confidence is more James Stewart, John Wayne, Gary Cooper and Clint Eastwood than some insecure manbaby who picks easy fights.

But even if what you said were true, it wouldn't mean that one should degrade himself just to attract the attention of those sorts of women. Be the sort of person you want to be, rather than changing yourself to please women.

10. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Totally agree. I always try to be the best version of myself for me. Woman is just a complement in my life and a side effect of been in a good place in my own life.
    But for people that want to undertand what woman are attracted to initially is this. Of course, condifence, intelligent, funny, outgoing, a leader, etc are also caracteristics that woman like but they are secondary, if don't have any of the primary ones woman are not going to pay attention to you.

11. The best thing you can do is pray for the right woman.

Coak Hakola, Stp890, Toni7 and 2 others like this.
  12. Daxos

Daxos Fapstronaut

Every man needs to read this. This and the Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi. Too many men think success with women is predetermined or a matter of luck. They couldn't be more wrong. It is extremely dynamic and your chances differ with every choice you make in life

NF SINCE BIRTH and brassknucks like this.
  13. Not true. You can live in a truck and bang bored soccer moms all day. Money is not what attracts most women. Status, power, looks may help. But to be honest you dont need any of those things to get girls. You can be homeless but if you are charming, confident and make moves that is all that is needed.

Not saying that you shouldn't do what you can to get educated, get fit, read poetry and make the most out of your potential but girls isn't as complicated as we make them out to be.

Unless you are downright ugly and an asshole then opportunities will present themselves almost on a daily basis. You just need to spot them. If you PMO all day you will miss the signs.

FezMan76 and Reborn16 like this.
  14. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

don't agree. this is going to help to seal the deal but if you are not good looking, have money, status or power then she is not going to be interested in talking to you (no matter how charming or confident you are). You are going to work a LOT to make her be interested in you. But if she is interested in you initially she is going to work a LOT to get you. I prefer to date woman that work to get me, you have a lot more fun with woman like this.

15. I think I have discussed stuff like this with you before :p We have different opinions on dating and that is ok. I have been mentally ill for years but I still get women. Even when I have been broke I didn't really have any problems. I am definitely not broke anymore but I never say that I have money. I dont want them to chase me just because I have a bank account.

In my honest opinion the types of girls you describe are not the kind of girls I am looking for.

Maybe I am more intelligent than most and that people realize that. I cant complain about by looks neither. I dont know what it is but I am getting hit on just as often as I hit on girls. I have a tendency to get popular somehow. I dont really have power or Status and I dont do bling blings.

Just to give it some context: I am reasonably fit, I have read 100+ books on poetry, philosophy, physics, money, love advice, popular science, spirituality, religion and so on. I have a good vocabulary and speak at least 3 languages somewhat fluently. Got 1 year finished in Biology. Got money but nobody knows. Been mentally ill for the last couple years so that slowed me down. Been in several leader roles before I got ill. Head door man, was politically active for a while. Been to many places like the rain forest where I lived with the natives for a few months. Also been a local celebrity for living in a tent in the North for the cold winter months. Got me a couple headlines and some TV time. But no one in my current place knows that about my past.

I would say I have a lot of life experience and a bunch of interesting stories to tell. I am also a good people reader, socially calibrated enough. Would say I got good IQ and EQ. I dont have any problems starting a conversation when everyone else is being awkward or whatever. Thats enough to date most uni girls. Even the pretty ones.

I dont have any formal titles or anything. I am just a normal guy that likes to learn stuff.

Karlus Rex likes this.
  16. 1.ziyaul.1

1.ziyaul.1 Fapstronaut

Book name?

FX-05 likes this.
  17. 1.ziyaul.1

1.ziyaul.1 Fapstronaut

Can u suggest me some books

18. I will just throw out some titles then. I read a pretty broad spectrum of books.

- The monk who sold his Ferrari

- Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill

- The Power of Now

- Technical analysis of the financial markets

- The intelligent investor

- Interpretation of dreams by Sigmund Freud

- Books from Carl Gustaf Jung, Nietzsche

- The Tibetan book of the dead

- Bhaggavad Gita

- Tao Te Ching

- Arabian nights

- Hustle harder, hustle smarter by 50-cent

- Atomic habits

- The compound effect

-Art of seduction by Robert Greene

- The power of body language by Joe Navarro

- The prophet (poems from the east)

- The prophets garden (sequel)

- The gift: 12 lessons to save your life

- The alchemist

-Alpha male bible by Sean Wayne

- The Game by Neil Strauss ( A good story, dont follow all of the advice)

- The five love languages

- Silence speaks by Eckhart Tolle

- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

- How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie

- The richest man in Babylon

- Sapiens and the two sequels

-Mythos by Stephen Fry

- A short story about everything

Karlus Rex and Toni7 like this.
  19. ilovepuppies

ilovepuppies New Fapstronaut

That´s bull, sorry. Huge overgeneralization. I am a 32 year old woman and my preferences havent changed when I turned 30, I´m still looking for a guy that I have a connection with and can date long term, never been interested in money, status or anything like that. Looks are important to an extent I have to be physically attracted to the guy but the fact that we click and are compatible is the most important thing. I don´t know any women around me and I have a lot of single friends who primarily go for money or status. My flatmate looks like a model she has all kinds of guys interested in her and she never dated anyone that she didn´t like as a person and didn´t click with no matter how good looking or rich he was. These generalizations drive me crazy, its the same like saying guy only care about looks and sex and want a woman just to cook and clean for him. Just like what you said about women it is true on some level but overall it´s not really the point.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Roady, ElSabio and (deleted member) like this.
  20. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Hahahaha, text book. This is what 99% of woman tell they are looking for, but when you look at their actions, what attract them is really different. That's why you always have to look at a woman actions and not what she says. Never ask a fish how to catch a fish, ask the fisherman. Woman think what they like, but woman are emotional been and what trigger a womans emotions is really different that what woman think.

Take a time for yourself and remember witch were the guys that turned you on the most, the onces that made you chase after them. The ones you were crazy about. I can bet you that this mans were or really good looking, great body, rick, famous, had a strong position in a field, were really confident and masculine and you knew you really had to work to get them because you knew there was a lot of woman that should be wanting to date them also.

Of course is a generalization, not all woman are like that but most of them are. Initialy they get intereset in a guy that have money, looks, status or power. That's the initial spark that make a woman chase a man. After that his personality, condidence and everything else is considered by the woman to be in a relationship with him. But if he don't have the initial money, looks, status or power a woman is not going to notice the guy and the guy in order to attract you is going to work a LOT to look for your attention and is known that woman go after the guys that are succesfull and give woman scares attention, guys that give a lot of attention to woman get rejected or used imidiatly.

At the end of the day is just human nature, is how most of us were built. Woman are beauty object to man and man are succes object to woman. You can accept it or go figth it and make your life even harder.

brassknucks likes this.