1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fat-loss coach here ! Ask me anything :)

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by AlphaWolf1408, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Yeah, over 24 hours. But happened only once. Hard to say how much of it was fat since it was more than a year ago.
    Interesting that clients also lose some water when losing fat. Since I have weighted quite different people on smart weights and noticed as more fat % there is as less water % in the body. My water is currently about 50% and it says that's below average for males of my age, insufficient. I have drunk a lot of water but that number says 50%. So I would like to not just lose fat and gain or keep muscle but also increase water % in the body.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2021
  2. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

Is "Smart Weights" the name of a weighing scale ? I thought you were talking about a "Weight" set to work out :D

I would put absolutely 0% of trust in those scales. They are highly inaccurate and you should just use a normal scale if you really want to know your weight.

Why would you want to know your percentage of water anyways ? If you are bloated and hold a lot of water for some reason (as some men and woman do), it is caused by hormones and/or carbohydrate intake. Water intake is irrelevant in many cases.

Lowering carbohydrate intake will, for many people, result in water loss as well, even when drinking the exact same amount of water in a given period.

3. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    do you have a list of things not to do during fat loss as iam trying to gain weight:Do_O

4. AlphaWolf1408

Are you male or female ? Are you trying to gain weight or gain muscle ? What's your diet like ?

Give me a detailed list of what you have in a typical day :)

How much do you weigh ?

5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    5"11 143.5 lbs male, male
    my daily diet ,
    1st breakfast two eggs two sausages
    2nd breakfast oatmeal an banana an a kind bar
    lunch 150-200 grams starch an 25-40 gram protein, no veg thou
    dinner , 150-200 gram starch 25-40 gram protein, cup of veg
    this is absolute at least 5 days of rountine meals days
    im just noticing my fat is disappearing
    havent been in gym since covid hit , im just looking for heathy fat gain ways so when i gym up again ill have something to work with

would adding fruit with whipping cream into with my breakfast a good move also greek salads with feta with dinner an lunches

6. AlphaWolf1408

I don't understand why you would want to gain body-fat ? There is no thing such as healthy body-fat. If you are severely malnourished, yes...

But if you naturally tend to stay on the leaner side, your goal should be lean muscle gain without gaining much body-fat. Take advantage of that metabolism :)

What kind of protein are you getting with lunch and dinner ?

In my opinion, you are eating too little protein and too little healthy fats. Also what kind of starch are you eating ?

For the protein, add chicken, tuna and beef. Introduce some rice and potatoes for your carbs to slowly gain weight.

Drop the kind bar and any processed food and focus on real food (I would even say drop the sausages and replace them with egg whites).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  7. Yeah, it's scales. But mine is accurate since I can swear by them. Since weighed very different people on them and weighed myself hundreds of times. Agree that most smart scales are inaccurate but mine are expensive ones and from the good brand -Xiaomi. Now Mi 2 scales can't even show weight accurate but the older first version that I'm using is 2x more expensive and build much more solid, so it works with 50g accuracy.

Noticed one problem. Just calculated calories of that 1,5g protein per LB and 0,4g fat and it's already over 2000 calories. So that would mean full keto since before 1300-1600(found a good website to calculate calories, but forgot name, most websites are wrong) calories was enough to slowly lose weight. Now I understand that one wants to diet with as many calories as possible to lose fat and gain muscle. So not talking about lowering calories, but with such proportions, I don't see room for carbs.

8. AlphaWolf1408

That's because you don't count calories for fat-loss. For weight-loss, yes... all you need is a caloric deficit.

For fat-loss, it's a little more complicated than that ;)

Same as weighing yourself: a scale might come in handy for weight-loss.

For fat-loss: The mirror :) I've never used numbers to assess progress (especially not those scales with uneccesary data).

The mirror will never lie to you.

9. Hey man, can you suggest some good Vegetarian (no eggs) protein sources? Also not exactly a fat loss questions, i can feel my other body parts growing , but my biceps look like exactly same as before... I exercise with a pair of 5kg dumbells at home and some calisthenics...

10. AlphaWolf1408

It will be hard to recommend since there are none. You can combine sources of protein to get complete sources of protein: Rice and beans, etc.

It is inefficient in the sense that the amount of calories and macronutrients you will be getting by eating plant sources of protein instead of meat (which is complete protein) will be too great in contrast to the amount of complete protein you will be getting.

Unless you have health complications and allergies after eating meat, I would just eat meat.

Also, get some heavier dumbells. 5 Kgs is too light.

11. 5KG might feel heavy for vegetarians. If you look at some vegetarian bodybuilding videos then they look like they could have more strength.
    @BeAlpha5 Anyway, I could suggest a supplement - whey protein. Since is made from milk whey and is great to supplement protein for beginners. Some fast growth results usually come since not enough protein is the most common rookie mistake. The best price is usually online and the best results are when used right after exercise and before sleep(if you go to sleep after exercise you preserve that protein from turning into energy).

Also since your protein intake is limited then try at least 30-60 days of hard mode so that protein stays inside without going out in semen. Heavier food will get your sex drive down so that it's easier to stay on the straight road.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2021
  12. @AlphaWolf1408 to be honest haven't made changes in died yet. Since cant find the motivation. Doing a lot of cardio, eating moderate but the mirror tells the same story. Guess the problem is that the only one seeing me without shirt is myself. Summer is kinda more grateful time for bodybuilding. But yeah - my mind is somewhere else mostly.
    On a good note - then just came back from the supermarket and now the fridge is stuffed with clean meat and planning to cook it and eat it.

13. AlphaWolf1408

Let me know once you get started :) I'll give you a couple of tips ;)

14. Okay, so I made some changes. Run out of veggies and instead of chicken breast and veggies, took chicken breast and walnuts to work. Results amazed me. Just after 2 days, I was harder with less fat. And that's only one keto meal a day. On breakfast like usual, I take the big bowl with porridge and some jam for sweetness. After work its random food but trying don't eat too much and not after 19:00

15. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

Simple question - where/how did you educate yourself? I like being able to answer these questions myself, but finding reliable information on the internet is a bitch.

16. AlphaWolf1408

Studies, books and more books :) Been doing this for over 10 years. Have always been an avid athlete so it was easy to make the transition onto nutrition, health and general fitness. Experience counts the most.

You can read all the books in the world, but it won't help you until you try it yourself and on clients.

You will need to check out some less-known people (by the masses) within the industry:

Charles Poliquin, Milos Sarcev, Chris Aceto, etc.

Your famous Youtuber probably won't be of much help.

PeterGrip likes this.
  17. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Just read this, what do you think man:
    "Back in 2009, under the supervision of Dr. Wouter van Marken Lichtenbelt and his team in the Nuclear Medicine Department at Maastricht University in the Netherlands, I showed that I possessed, at fifty-two years old, the same amount of brown fat (or brown adipose tissue - BAT) in my body that young adults do, even though the common belief at the time was that BAT is no longer present in adults.1 Not only that, I metabolized four and a half times more energy from my brown fat than the other, far younger test subjects did." Wim Hof

18. AlphaWolf1408

Who is Wim Hof ?

19. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Worth a look up, holds 26 world records for feats of endurance in the cold and teaches a method. Kind of surprised you haven't heard of him though I was asking about the study.

20. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Here's the ref for that

W. D. van Marken Lichtenbeld, J. W. Vanhommeirg, N. M. Smudlers, J. M. Drossaerts, G. J. Kemerink, N. D. Bouvy, P. Schrauwen, and G. J. Teule, "Cold-Activated Brown Adipose Tissue in Healthy Men," New England Journal of Medicine 360, no. 15 (April 9, 2009): 1500-1508, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19357405.