1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

health tips thread

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I want to share what medical knowledge i have gained over time, i love studying health and wellness and natural cures for things, so i will try posting daily random health stuff.

Reducing sodium
    Sodium is a huge factor in getting high blood pressure, things like soy sauce have up to 1,000mg of sodium per tablespoon, to put that into perspective the maximum recommended intake of sodium a day is only 2,400mg in fact eating just 10 olives will put you over, just two tablespoons of ss would almost put you over, as you can guess this is why so many people are getting high blood pressure, and not just because of soy sauce but unhealthy activity, what you eat, its so easy to be unhealthy. I did some research and it claims that by not salting your foods or using soy sauce you will eventually start preferring your food without it, i have been trying this for a couple months now and i can indeed confirm this is true, its tough at first because things like rice will seem bland put your taste buds will adapt. Feel free to post stuff here yourself guys ^~^.

hulkfresh23 likes this.
  2. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

I had been fighting all my life against my brain fog and being skinny fat,but I have successfully beaten both. Doing research on my own,no doctor needed. I am now committed to my health.

1. Eliminated dairy,peanuts,msg,and aspartame from diet.
    2. No more eating out. Ever
    3. Drinking water without flouride(or at least very low)
    4. Calisthenics circuits plus some cardio
    5. Supplementation.(ashwagandha,zinc,fish oil,turmeric,magnesium,general multivitamin)
    6. Vegetable and/or fruit plus protein in every meal.
    I also do sun gazing. This is very controversial to say the least,but it has helped beat some addictions.

3. hulkfresh23

hulkfresh23 Fapstronaut

i liked all what you said bro can you tell more about that how are your result and about the energy and how you did put away the junk food and stuff like that, i am very stoked to know more. which kind of dinner do you usually eat?

Urbancottage30 likes this.
  4. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

Quitting junk food is about having very simple dishes that you can cook. I am very bad at cooking. I limit myself to cereals,pasta and salads. A typical dinner for me would be whole grain pasta,some protein source(poultry,meat,eggs,fish,etc) vegetables(I usually eat one small can of mixed vegetables) and marinara sauce. Black pepper and iodized salt for condiments. I can't afford to buy organic,but I try to eat as healthy as I can. No cheese because I stay away from dairy. Beets are good vegetables too. After one week you will stop missing the flavor of fast food. But you'll miss the convenience of it for much longer. It's not fun having to prepare all your meals,but your body and your wallet will eventually appreciate it.

When it comes to exercise I do calisthenics circuits and jogging. I do my own workouts inspired by a youtube channel called Iron Wolf. Hope this helps.