1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introvert but lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Inloverber, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

I used to be like this. You care too much about what the person would think of you and that they will see that you are uncomfortable and you are ashamed of that. This fear stops you from interacting and will not make you any better if you don't face your fear. Let me tell you this, the person you are talking to does NOT care. Everybody is more focussed on their own problems. They will only see you stutter a little bit, but they will have forgotten that as soon as you left. Stop thinking about others approval of you and stop feeling sorry for yourself man. The only way to do this is to go out in the open world and talk to random people. Ask for directions to somewhere, try to practice your smile in the mirror and try to smile when approaching someone to ask for directions or whatever. The feeling you get from doing stuff like this way out of your comfortzone makes you feel indestructible.

Start small, but keep pushing yourself to do more daring things once things get easier. And patience is key, do not expect to be full of new friendships and having a girlfriend and a social lifestyle in a week.

2. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Saying "Hi!" does way more than you may think. It's a great place to start. If the conversation goes farther than that, great. If not, also great.

3. you avoid because your socially awkward your scoially awkward because your have poor social skills you have poor social skills because you lack experiance you lack experiance because you avoid.

4. Inloverber

Inloverber Fapstronaut

I can relate to what you are saying. I'd be glad if you can share some tips to overcome that.

5. Social anxiety clears up by the end of a hard mode reboot on its own.

FezMan76 likes this.