1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditating really helps

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BlackJesus_, Jan 11, 2021.

1. BlackJesus_

BlackJesus_ Fapstronaut

I have been meditating a lot more lately to help myself have a clearer mind, and I think it’s helping me slowly but surely. I can easily remind myself that my current thoughts provide no positive results if I dwell on them. If it’s something that’s really irking me, I’ll address it, rather than have it stuck in my head all day. There’s some things I feel I must address since I can’t just escape all my problems, but I can slowly diminish these problems one by one instead of nagging to myself how much I hate them. It’s a huge weight on my shoulders that’s been lifted off.

StoicContemplation and Vedant4 like this.
  2. abc bruh

abc bruh Fapstronaut

Yes even I tried it and it really helped

3. HelplessPleaseHelp?

HelplessPleaseHelp? Fapstronaut

Meditation is owesome. I like it a lot and do it all the time. The secret is to do it repititavely.

4. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

I agree, meditating has lifted some clouds out of my mind.

I feel more present and my mind is able to capture the little details of life in an astonishing way.

If I take a walk in a forest, the image of the silhouette of tree branches in contrast with the sky leave a much more profound impression on my mind compared to before. I feel like I can appreciate the beauty of life more in all its facets.

Negative thoughts will still cross my mind, but I can keep them in check more efficiently like you described, through the exercise of the virtue of humbleness.

5. I do meditaing as long as i feel to, with a focus on me breathing and counting them. I do this evry day once, but i think i will need to to it al leatst when i go to bed and when i wake up.

6. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Which technique do all of you use? I know that there are two very different ways how to meditate
    • focusing on some process or object such as your breath or a candle flame bringing attention back to it whenever your mind wanders
    • letting your thoughts fly and observing them without judgement