1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

the Wim Hof method

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zyeidou, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

for those of you who are unaware.
    this method, a simple breathing method changed my life completely.
    [goes well with cold showers. I usually do it before taking one.]

Robinthehood, Candun, JLD and 4 others like this.
  2. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

there are a lot of other detailed resources which I'm sure y'all will be able to find, but this one video is where I started it all from. also be sure to watch the safety instruction video in the description first.

3. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Hey! I'm glad there is someone else on here that does win hof. It's pretty baller isn't it? Really sets you up to get things done.

4. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

@Slimjimjones haha yeah, it's one of the things on my daily to-do list. it makes my whole day go good :D

5. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

@op_jack heya, jack! I'll tell you some of the most noticeable benefits I've experienced with the wim hof method.

whenever I do the wim hof method, it relieves me of all of my stress and helps me relax. Relaxing helps me get things done more efficiently too!
    prior to learning the method, my meditation concentration time would be around a petty minute or so, but after learning the method and doing it daily, my times are now increasing and the quality of my concentration has improved significantly.
    it gives me a better sounder sleep too, and since it does so, my energy is far greater throughout the day!

however, jack, I would not know clearly why you are not witnessing the benefits, perhaps you will after you do it daily for some time?
    most importantly, do not do it if you feel uncomfortable whilst doing it.
    in any case, I would recommend seeing a doctor before doing it, and please know that most 'certified' wim hof instructors will not be able to teach you the method the right way. only trust sources that come from wim hof himself.

Exquic likes this.
  6. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Yeah I'd listen to zyeidou. The benefits I see is intense focus and summoning of energy. Like I could get through any uncomfortable. I believe it's about the mindset you have going into it.

Zyeidou likes this.
  7. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

alrighty, wish you the best, @op_jack !

8. PMO addict1

PMO addict1 Fapstronaut

I am also ding it since last two weeks... But did not see any benefit so far... I do from this same video of wim hof.......4-5 round of 45 breaths .... What am i doing wrong??

1 more question - I get Pursed lips after doing Wim hof... My lips aitomatically looks like i am going to kiss .. it takes 5- 6 mins to get back to normal.... Is this thing normal.???

9. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

@PMO addict1 alrighty! I'll try to take a hand here.

let me ask you some questions, my friend

do you completely relax (lie down / sit comfortably) before starting the rounds?
    do you breathe in with your nose and breathe out with your mouth?
    do you completely follow the audiovisual guide with breathing in when the circle expands and breathing out when the circle retracts with no pause between your breaths?

I'll try my best to help you, my friend :)

PMO addict1 likes this.
  10. PMO addict1

PMO addict1 Fapstronaut

yes I sit on a stool (Backless) in relax manner

I breath through nose and exale through mouth...

In video there is 30 round breath but I rewind video several times and make it to 45- 50

No I don't pause between breaths

11. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

@PMO addict1 hmm, then you are pretty much doing right, except the video rewinding, I think.
    I'll recommend you to not rewind and follow the normal way, and see if it works better.

a conclusive remark can be that a few people are not 'compatible' with the wim hof method, but I'd still recommend seeing a CERTIFIED wim hof instructor in person to see if they can fix this.

PMO addict1 likes this.
  12. PMO addict1

PMO addict1 Fapstronaut

thanks. I will try to implement ur advice .. ... .also .. I am not getting any benefit of wimhof Like depression reduction or anxiety cure... I am doing since last 20 days.. But did not get any benefits..

why is it so.. when Will i start seeing benefits ???

13. Zyeidou

Zyeidou Fapstronaut

@PMO addict1 it depends on every person, like for a friend of mine, he started seeing most of the benefits after a week or so, while I myself started seeing most of the benefits from day 1.

PMO addict1 likes this.
  14. Foxhole

Foxhole Fapstronaut

Thanks for this thread @Zyeidou!

I am starting with it myself and there are some stuff I learned through and maybe help you guys @PMO addict1 @op_jack
    It's important:
    1) to be relaxed (if you stress out whether it will work or if you do it right it won't work)
    2) do it the way it feels good for you
    3) find your own pace - dont let get yourself stressed with the guidance video. Wim Hof himself said that deep breath is everything that matters, so dont let anything else distract you and just breath
    4) maybe its little in opposite with previous point but i find that if i breath little faster than i would naturally do, it works better - probably getting more oxygen this way
    5) focus on the breath. Sometimes my thoughts get lost during the breathing and then it just dont work
    6) the most important part for me is AFTER 3 or 4 rounds - a stay in comfortable position, enjoying the peace of the moment and let my mind wander. Sometimes i think about important issues, sometimes I just enjoy the moment. Thats when the wonders happen for me.
    Hope it helps at least a little.

Candun likes this.