1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Cold Approaches

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by StoicContemplation, Dec 12, 2020.

1. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

Thanks for your support and interest, guys.

I wish I could update the thread more but I'm not actively approaching girls for the moment. I could visit a city during the day to do some approaches but I don't really like wearing the face mask which is mandatory in most cities of the country I live in (or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse?).

Although I'm only through 1/4th of the challenge, I have definitely learned some interesting things. I'm not going to romanticize this process, but I do share the sentiment when guys say that approaching can lead to learning more about yourself, your relationship with fear, etc.

I hope to keep this thread updated in the future.

Exactly. It is a numbers game and you have to go through a certain learning curve. The first approaches suck and eventually you'll get more comfortable with chatting with girls.

You are always free to embark this challenge or just post some experiences with approaching in the future! :)

I don't see this as 'my' thread. It's always nice if other like-minded guys embark the journey whilst having an outlet discuss these things.

2. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

I'm dealing with the same ''excuse'' if you can call it that. What if the girl you are talking to has her teeth rotten away under that mask? And we gotta be careful for the virus. I don't want to get someone in my family killed because I am desperate to meet women.

Thanks mate will certainly make use of it if I start doing it again :)

One thing I'd like to add is this:

My sister got cold approached today by a guy. He had a serious expression on his face and was waiting for my sister alongside a narrow track in the forest. He looked a bit serious and told my sister he had never seen her in that forest before, as he walks there frequently. My sister showed him that she definitely wasn't interested and slightly afraid aswell. She walked quickly to her car with her dog and this guy walked with her and told her he wanted to talk to her for 10 minutes and blabla. She obviously just went in her car and locked the doors and drove off.

Moral of the story:
    - Don't be a creep
    - Stop when the woman shows no interest or tells you this straightforward.
    - Do it in a public environment where there is plenty of people around
    - AND always SMILE :)

Anders Dahl, YoungLenny and Reborn16 like this.
  3. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

You don't 'overcome' fear like that though, nor would you want to. The fear leads to adrenaline which you can learn to harness. People wanting to learn to be unafraid are going for the wrong things imo.

You basically practice doing things while feeling fear. Nobody WANTS to do that in many ways, but it has value.

Reborn16 likes this.
  4. hulkfresh23

hulkfresh23 Fapstronaut

you can do it man, so stoked to know your experiences.

5. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Great stuff, really enjoy threads like this!

I'm also one that's tried it in the past but given it a break for too long.

Just the other day while studying in the library a girl kept walking past me, pausing and looking at different books (in different sections, but all in front of me). I finally got up when she walked off, and made my way past her while she talked to a friend. I was checking my phone and walked back and she looked right at me as if expecting something. The electricity was real. Sadly I didn't make a move, but it's a reminder, in my opinion, that these natural approaches are way better than any form of online dating.

Regarding the fear, it doesn't go away, but one thing I have found that really relaxed me in the past was using day game during my normal routine.

I don't go to the park or library or wherever for an hour to meet girls. I just do my usual routine, go to work, study, shops, park. And because my mission is to get work done / buy some stuff / get exercise etc., the action of approaching a girl becomes second priority.

And because it's no longer the sole reason or even half the reason I go out of the house, it's no longer such a big deal regardless of what happens. The worst I felt was walking around the shops for hours and not approaching anyone. But a 15 minute drive to pick up milk where I may just happen to spark up a conversation with a cute girl there = priceless.

Trulsbrotha likes this.
  6. Regarding fear, anyone who puts themselves in a situation where they don't have something and they want to get it will feel fear and anxiety. This is inevitable.

For cold approach the goal is to change the relationship you have with yourself. When you are so at peace with who you are that you are aware that no one can make you complete because you are already complete as a person, that's when it becomes interesting.

You no longer approach women to get something but to bring compassion. You no longer communicate the need to have but to give, both verbally and energetically. This is the highest possible and attainable value. There is no longer a stake because you are aware that the results will not make you happier. All that matters is to love yourself before loving others.

If you feel fear, it means that there is something to get, whether you are conscious or not. And as long as you function in this way you are not free.

it's no longer fear at the end, it's excitement, and a desire to share. Which is the opposite of fear. That's self love and vulnerability.
    It doesn't mean not seizing the opportunities that come your way. It means that you are focused on what is happening now. It means that you know that a happy future after working so hard on yourself is an illusion.

It's not a fight against yourself, nor is it about having more to exist in the eyes of others. it's about learning to take care of yourself in order to share that. That's freedom.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2021
    Trulsbrotha likes this.
  7. EdoardoTheGreat

EdoardoTheGreat New Fapstronaut

Yo bro, I had read the entire Topic and i found it really motivational, the last summer I made friend a famous Youtuber that makes pranks on street and pick ups girls, called Arman Abbasi, he is romanian as me so during that time with him, helping him to film and doing cool stuff , about a month, i returned in Italy , well the first suggestion that i can give is to use some nice Phrase to make the girl laught and also make her know your intention at first, I also want to improve with you in day game, the phrase that the youtuber used the most was "Sorry, can you help me to find... ( showing a direction with finger) your number? ( seeing her in eyes) just try this mate and tell me o think is overpower, also continue posting cause me too need some courage to pickup some italian chicks Good Luck!

8. StoicContemplation

So, after a hiatus of a few weeks after being in my home country, I approached 3 groups of 2 girls yesterday. I have some time left until the next semester starts so I decided to go to a country with chiller COVID rules. Now that I'm in a city, the opportunities to approach manifest themselves more clearly. That being said, I don't want to create the impression that you have to travel to a foreign country in order to approach girls. In my home country I, I live on the country side and I didn't went to a city to do some street game (I only went to a city but for family purposes). Nonetheless, my brain is more receptive for the opportunities, even in a simple situation like being in a grocery store, but I failed to execute!

Concerning the approaches I did: the interactions weren't any special but I do feel that I'm getting more comfortable having conversations with strangers (not only girls, men too). One girl of a group was very open for a chat, asking me questions, even my name at the end of the conversation but I hesitated to ask her number.

The fear definitely doesn't go away...

Total: 29/100

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. StoicContemplation

Did 3 approaches today.

One was on the bus and was just a simple question which led to an easy-going conversation until she had to debark the bus. Doesn't sound like much but I really had to find my balls in order to open up with her though.

Another one was also a simple question inquiring where I can find something (a sort of monument). She didn't know, we chatted a bit and then I asked her which bus I had to take to go back to the city center. She was open to help and took the bus with me and she eventually was down to grab a bite so we did. Eventually I had to go somewhere but I have her number.

Total: 32/100

10. AlexRoIs

AlexRoIs Fapstronaut

Sincerely, if you have a social circle and you have some social skills, better try there.

11. StoicContemplation

5 approaches today. Technically I did 6-7ish but I'm not going to give myself the benefit of the doubt (some where so short where the girl barely could speak English, maybe I'm going to raise the threshold for a qualification of a cold approach a little bit).

2 of the approaches entailed an engaging chat where the girl asked me personal questions and it went beyond the scope of the opener. I feel that there is some progress.

Total: 37/100

12. hope2overcome_

hope2overcome_ Fapstronaut

Cold approaching in the streets is an uphill battle and puts more pressure on you than should be. The secret is to cold approach women in social situations, for ex: at parties, bars, events, concerts, etc. In the latter group you will get WAY more results much faster. Take it from a guy who has done A LOT of cold approaching. A quick story. When I was cold approaching and getting rejected, I used to tell myself, "I am way better looking and more successful than she/her bf will ever be how does it even make sense that I can get rejected." Egotistical? sure but I got it so I flaunt it. But then, when at parties I am the one pursued. I have women coming up to me to make conversation, asking me questions, etc. All the things we learned from pick up, they were doing to me. Why is that the case? Its because women don't feel too safe in the streets anywhere around other men. They believe its inappropriate to talk to strangers in the middle of the streets. But, they feel its perfectly fine, rather its expected in social settings. You will also get quality girls too.

TheForsakeen likes this.
  13. StoicContemplation

3 approaches today. All 3 were on the bus (not the same bus though).

One interaction was short and not really worth mentioning. The other one entailed a little chat but nothing really special, the girl wasn't that responsive and I was running out of gas of things to say.

The third opening was with a girl I sat next to on the bus. It was more like a little private bus that drives people from one city to the other. I sat on the seat next to her (not immediately next to her but with the pathway of the bus in between) and opened up with her with an innocent question (I think asking her how long the bus ride is). I managed to chat her up for the entire ride (she opened up pretty easily). To get to the center we had to take 2nd bus, so we took the 2nd ride together as she also was heading that way.

Throughout that ride we also kept having a conversation but the pressure to 'keep the gas going' was away so it was all'right if there were some silences. Because I had a hole in my jeans I asked her if she knows a place where I can get it sewed. She is down to show me a place and accompanies me to it. After my jeans is stitched I ask her if she wants to grab a coffee. She is down and knows a place with a piano (I think that I mentioned that I played piano or asked her if the city has any piano bars somewhere throughout the conversation). We go there, have a drink and now I can relax and let her do all the talking. I show some of my piano skills and she liked what I played.

After that I propose her to sit on a more comfortable couch of the coffee shop (it was the lower level of the coffee shop/bar). Here I started to make some 'physical escalations' by touching her a bit on her back. She didn't resist. She proposes to go for a walk to the lake, why not. At the lake we sat down under a Chinese pavilion where I kissed her.

So it took me about 40 approaches in the challenge to meet a girl I was able to kiss (I didn't have success in my earlier approaches before this challenge). I think I can take it a step further with her but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to contact her again.

Was the girl in question a stunning beauty? No, but she had femininity though.

By the way, I'm not going to get out of my way justifying myself every time someone pops in this thread and states the 'but you should meet girls through the social circle'. I never said that meeting women is confined to the streets. Nor do I think that the streets are the best place to meet them but it offers a lot of opportunities as the volume of girls is high and being able to approach girls in street makes you desensitized to do it everywhere (bus, grocery shop, parties, bars, etc.)

Total: 40/100

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  14. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Good stuff. Wait, why wouldn't you contact her again?

15. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Damn bro that is an amazing read :) I'm happy for your success. Seems you did everything right. Even her proposing to go to the lake is the best approval you can get. She liked you and felt very comfortable around you.
    If this was me I would definitely contact her again, even if I don't want to meet up again. Why don't you want to contact again?

FezMan76 and StoicContemplation like this.
  16. Happy for you man, this is deserved !

StoicContemplation likes this.
  17. StoicContemplation

2 approaches today.

One of them was in the bookstore where I was looking at some books (the Classics section). I asked the girl next to me if she knew something about Tolstoj. Apparently it is her favorite author so I asked her if she has any books of him she would recommended to start with. Was able to have a little chat about books with her and got her number.

The other one was a group of 2 girls in a coffee shop. The interaction was short and nothing really special to mention (I asked if they knew a good coffee shop for computer work but I found it hard to sustain a conversation).

Thanks for the support guys! @Spirituss, thanks for the encouragement in the beginning, it really helped me enduring even if the going got pretty tough at some point. Your initial thread/journal inspired me to go out and talk with girls and logging it here. Although we may not agree on the 'style of approach' (you like to go direct and be completely honest, whilst I like to be a bit more indirect and try to get a casual chat going on) I found value in your advice.

Now concerning the girl I kissed yesterday and why I'm not sure if I would try to get her in bed: although I only approach girls I find attractive and she has something, it's not that I was *super attracted* to her... But I haven't decided yet.

Total: 42/100

18. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Hmm...well, what's the problem? If you're kind of attracted to her isn't that enough?

I dunno...if you weren't attracted to her at all I guess you wouldn't have kissed her. But was there a lack of chemistry with it or something?

19. StoicContemplation

Did 4 approaches today

One was at the bus stop but the interaction was short.

The other one was in the line of a checkout of a grocery store. I asked the girl a simple question (if I needed bottled water to make tea or if tap water is safe) and was able to make her laugh a bit with some sarcastic remarks. An other one was a similar situation but at the line of a coffee shop. However it was her turn pretty early on in the interaction and I didn't went out of my way to continue it whilst she was ordering (it's not likely that a girl will wait for you after she has ordered/paid especially if the interaction is short).

The last approach of today was in the same coffee shop. I opened up with 2 girls when I left who sat at the same table asking them when the coffee shop closes. I was able to have a chat with them for more than 10 mins and I have the number of the cute one of the two.

I'm also making it a habit to have little chats with cute girls who work as employees in grocery stores, pharmacies, laboratories, book stores, etc. Some of these chats go beyond the 10 min mark and go pretty good (some of them are short where I lack the conversational skills to make something out of it) but I don't qualify these as cold approaches within the scope of this challenge/thread

Total: 46/100

20. StoicContemplation

2 approaches today

Both were on the street. One was asking a girl for directions and she helped me with her Google Maps. Asked for her number afterwards but she just laughed (not even sure if she understood me).

The other approach was a group of 3 girls just asking for a place where I can buy food but I didn't manage to make the interaction personalized.

I mentioned that now I sometimes find myself chatting up female employees when doing their jobs where the conversation can become more personalized and where they sometimes show some interest. I'm not counting these under the 100 cold approaches. Today I had a bit of a chat going on with a female shop clerk in a sport shop. The conversation took a personal direction (asking me what I study etc.). I asked her for her number and she suggested Instagram. I really have to work on my 'closing game' because my invitation to exchange contacts was pretty weak:

"If you would like to get my number [...]" (so technically I didn't even asked it...) and then I also said something like "Yeah maybe it's weird to exchange numbers because you are working now" (whilst I'm not really sure if she would have denied giving me her number). So I didn't really made my intentions clear, or at least not clear enough. She did proposed me to come back another time for a chat but I'm moving to another city. I think my brain is making excuses to avoid the feeling of rejection, so that's maybe why I made the invitation a bit vague. Same with the first approach I described: I didn't really felt the rejection so it's better to try to push things through in order that it's really clear that she is not interested.

I think I did another approach on the street but it was way too formal (asking for directions and that's it). Like I said, I'm putting the threshold a bit higher although I might have counted it as a cold approach in the beginning of the challenge. Maybe I'm just going to leave some of the approaches out when I feel like the interaction was just too short to even make it memorable the next day. Or if I do let's say 3 formal cold approaches (i.e. opening up without a substantial conversation as a result) then maybe I'll count that as 1.

Total: 48/100