1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Tinder a good place to get friends?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Maltheal, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

So I'm a 23 year old guy. I download tinder from time to time when I feel lonely. It kinda helps because sometimes I find nice people there. But unfortunately they just leave like we talk for a while and hit it off but after a while they disappear. And it makes me feel more lonely so I Don't know what to do. If anyone have any advice about that I'd be grateful.

anselem likes this.
  2. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

P.S I think I'm an interesting person or that's what they tell me. I do have alot of hobbies and I do lots of stuff. Maybe tinder here is broken idk actually

3. AlexRoIs

AlexRoIs Fapstronaut

If you think so, then you are, don't let others dictate how you are and get discouraged by them. Some people who are idiots or have low self esteem will try to discourage you to make themselves feel better, but don't let yourself being hit by these kind of things and stay strong and tall, with your head up, even if you will get hit.

Maltheal likes this.
  4. NNOOOO. Why? poeple are judged by their looks and not how they are! if you not the best looking guy u will be swiped away. Unfair, because they may be amazing kind of poeple. They judge on ur pictures, so u most compete with all those 'pretty guys' to get matches. Not the fact that online dating is made for one thing only: THEY WANT TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN!. They dont care if you get a match, this is why tinder and all this online dating bullshit is never gonna work.

Maltheal likes this.
  5. REDLIPSTICKPOP

REDLIPSTICKPOP Fapstronaut

I totally feel that--about being lonely and wondering if I should download that app. The truth is, and this is just my personal opinion, I don't think you should. Tinder is honestly a horrible app for getting to know people, just because of how it works. Like you swipe right if you're interested, based purely on superficial characteristics, and then if the person is actually not something you like personality wise (or whatever reason it is lol), it's so easy to move on to the next swipe, and the next one, and then the next one. Just to clarify, I'm not against dating apps, I just think Tinder and the culture around it makes it very difficult to form interpersonal relationships. Someone mentioned that Match.com is better, just because you have to do a lot more to get to know someone, so the interest is more genuine. Or there are other places online to meet ppl, though those apps aren't necessarily for dating. In general though, I think Tinder is just a place for temporary, ephemeral relationships that never really develop into anything?

Maltheal likes this.
  6. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Thanks for your kind words my friend :)

AlexRoIs likes this.
  7. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

You do have a good point they just want to make money out of it. They totally disregard people's emotions and so.

8. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Well yeah you can't form interpersonal relationships with people on tinder and actually I met like 4 good girls from there but 2 of them are disturbed I guess. We got along so well but then she ghosted me for like a month or so and then came back and apologised for it and after a short while she ghosted me again. And I was like wtf is happening here it's so messed up. I actually deleted the app because the toxic people there outweighs the good ones.