1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sunn

sunn Fapstronaut

2. thefreewill

thefreewill Fapstronaut

Checking in for the day. Now on day 6, completed day 5.
    As I mentioned in my previous post strict bed time really helps. Moreover started adding tiny habits like 5 pages of reading and five minutes of meditation.

3. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Fapstronaut

Day 5 heading into day 6. No real urges today luckily. Soon to be a Uruk-hai!

4. aniseprakash

aniseprakash Fapstronaut

Done with day 5 Now marching on Day 6. Uruk-hai :)

My proper bed time and early bird practice helps me a lot. As I sleep early I don't get the urges in the nights.

Most of my mornings are productive as I have added a simple meditation plan and a motivational video or an article to start the day. This way I maintain the positivity.

If I get an urge (so far rarely) I take a stroll around my office or I make a call to my friends. This way my cravings are kept at bay. Hoping to continue the same practice by adding few more productive activities one at a time.

Let's keep up the fellowship strong my brothers.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. Ishan@123

Ishan@123 Fapstronaut

Day 39, feeling high urges today... I thinknI should turn my path too... You try to pass through Caradhras but the PMO forces were strong there. You make a detour to the Dwarven Realm of Moria.

6. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

7. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 4 tonight. Feeling good and progressing into the future. This is the longest I have gone without MO in weeks though I made it 6 days without P about a week ago. I started my new school semester and given my course load and schedule, I have not had much time to even consider PMO or MO. I have had some small urges, but I am staying mostly sane by talking to a brother in arms, in the fight from PMO addiction, every day. I also am working through some traumatic life experiences from childhood, and though I have taken a short break to get into my school work, I will be picking up again this coming week. I am determined to listen to my body and avoid the computer when I am having urges as well as not masturbating even when I feel really tense or stressed. In the end, it does not help.

Best,
    Mathman1994

8. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

9. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Fapstronaut

I want to just relapse for some reason right now. :( I don't think I will, though. In fact, I know I won't.

HOCD has been at an all-time low today. I was around a large group of girls and felt confident in my sexual taste in men (one of the guys there was supppppper cute. . . like an emo shaggy without the long neck).

I shaved for the first time in a while today, razor burn was annoying and my face was really irritated. Oh well.

Day 1 done.

10. Been clean for a week. Reading The Easy_Peasy Method daily and having absolutely no urges to watch P. I'll Be back in a week to check in for 2 weeks clean ;)

11. Day 4 complete!

@Cartographer I had never thought about it that way before, but I really like your point and I think you're right. Commitment is saying "I want to do this" or "I have to do this." Dedication is saying "I'm going to do this" and "I enjoy doing this." Commitment is necessary but if there's no determination underlying it, it will soon begin to feel hollow and burdensome, and it will quickly collapse.

I will be committed and dedicated to removing all trace of PMO and its effects from my life. God bless you all!

12. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 54. I woke to a vivid wet dream this morning. I did not feel too bothered by this one and have noticed that the chaser effect I had experience after wet dreams in the beginning of my reset is not nearly as bad. I am taking this as a sign that the reboot is working to rewire my brain to a healthy sexual state. I can feel myself wanting to talk to girls more and more and feel positive about developing a healthy sex life once my reboot is complete.

13. americanbison

americanbison Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this! I was just thinking yesterday that my regular run is one of my favorite things to do, but it's not for anything. I'm not trying to win a race or lose weight - I just appreciate being able to push myself a little, see how I do, and get outside. I'm also committed to things in life; the difference seems to be internal vs external. I'm committed to my job, but I'm dedicated to doing the best I can consistently without burning myself out.

14. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 157. Checking in!

The human mind can manipulate the external world to no end, but it can do the same to the internal one, where desires and fantasies seem to hold its strength.

15. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

16. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Day 43 in progress!
    Starting to feel more urges. I try to see this as a good thing, since my libido is starting to come back again, but I do have to watch out that this leads to a relapse. To avoid a relapse, I'm going to start reading the Easy_peasy chapters and stay busy doing other activities.
    I'm reminding myself that PMO will only satisfy me for a short time, but will also make me feel so bad for weeks after that.
    And is that really worth it? NO!

17. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Having a stressful time at work, and the urges are so strong right now. Using this as an opportunity to reflect on my addiction. I have realized this: my addiction doesn't care about me, my future or my well-being. My addiction only wants more dopamine. My addicted brain will make a stressful situation even worse so that I relapse and give it what it wants.