1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Women Are Not A Monolith!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by REDLIPSTICKPOP, Jan 31, 2021.

1. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

So you are hybrid is what you are saying? Man-woman, or Woman-man? Bispiritual? Transformer? I don't know there are so many labels nowdays that I lost count, back in my day we just called people Manly woman or Femenine man...

Because at the end of the day both do both but the average distribution is what created the tags to begin with.

I was fully agreeing with until this

There is nature, not everything is societal, if you want to tag it a or b, eggs or fries, pears or apples, masculine or femenine, is up to you, but nature exist, and from that nature comes the average, and then you have the rest of the distribution and it's quadrillion small differences.

We are all a bunch of apes wanting to fit in our peer groups, and then we have the apes that throw stones at their peer group, and create a new peer group based on throwing stones to the other group, and that's basically history and humans affairs in a nutshell.

2. REDLIPSTICKPOP

REDLIPSTICKPOP Fapstronaut

Hmmm... So no, my point was not that I'm a hybrid, but that these characteristics that we attribute to masculinity and femininity are completely arbitrary. The assumption is that women are "naturally" submissive and soft, while men are "naturally" dominant and assertive. That's simply not true, I mean the very fact you have all these self-help books that claim to teach men how to BE dominant or assertive, or to teach women how to BE more seductive and dainty, proves that these are literally just acted upon behaviors that are positively reinforced in society.

So for example, there's a culture in which dying your teeth black is considered super feminine and attractive. But if you went to, let's say, Toronto, and tried to flirt with your black teeth, I'm pretty sure dudes would not find that feminine or hot at all. Vice versa, in another culture it's considered super masculine for a man to cook and clean, and basically take care of the home, while the wife works outside of the home. Again, if you pulled this idea into Western society, a lot of men would argue that was not masculine--and therefore, you see our ideas of premier masculinity and femininity depend on where we live/cultural ideologies. (I also have better examples, if you want those).

Hmmm... that begs the nature/nurture argument. Sure, there's nature in terms of what sex parts you're born with, and the fact that one gender can give birth and all, and another can't. But nature in terms of how we behave? Pretty sketchy in my opinion. I mean, throw the clock back 50 years and you find people arguing that women can't understand math.

I completely agree with your apes argument, I also think it undermines your counterargument teehee.

Man, I've got an arsenal full of hot takes. I'm surprised you even partly agree. I honestly thought this thread would be full of pitchforks, burnings at the stake, and hellfire LOL.

depression and Ravi03 like this.
  3. Daryn

Daryn Fapstronaut

Try making a tinder with pics of an average/worse looking male friend.

4. Take_Action

Take_Action Fapstronaut

Masculine and feminine nature is not a subjective concept inherently. Quite the opposite actually.

Masculinity is a real thing that only males have.

Femininity is a real thing that only females have.

Though, a male can look and act more feminine and vise-versa. BUT, a man who acts more like a women than he does a man, does not have a feminine nature in his soul. He has an effeminate male soul. (Which he should change over time).

Feminine nature:
    Soft
    Pleasant
    Sweet
    Mostly submissive
    Naturally better at nurture
    More emotional
    Weaker and in need of more support
    Seriously desires and needs to be loved

Masculine:
    Strength
    Confidence
    Leadership
    Direction
    More goal oriented and visionary
    Desires love but also wants to earn respect
    Desires to provide and be the leader, while his women loves him and helps/supports him with his vision.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I recommend it, its a good movie.

REDLIPSTICKPOP likes this.
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

You're so right. Watching Julia Shaws AMA on Instagram live last summer where she talked being bisexual and being in a relationship with a man showed me that what we think of female attraction varies from person to person. Sometimes I see guys on this forum posting stuff about what women like with the assumption that every woman likes the same thing.

7. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

I don't think it is wrong to follow generalized traits in women, because they exist in most women for the reason. You can say it is evolution, or you can say can say God made it like this. At the end whatever view you have this traits do exist. Some people demonize all women, but man who criticize some group of women for something valid he is more likely to get slap on the wrist for doing so, and he will also be accused of hating women. God forbid if you criticize promiscuous women, God forbid if you say that women are not same or equal to the man. I am not demonizing women, but I am wiling to demonize woman who I think is doing more harm to others. I do think we live in era of Gynocentrism, where we generally think of a women as a victims of man's behavior, and oh so bad man who just want to dominate women. There are so many factors in this Gynocentric society that made some good women into unreliable, and you can blame thirsty betas out there fot this all the way to the common mindset that women are the real victims in the society.

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I mean that was the point, my arguments are based on my own biases and how I see myself as an ape and what do I throw stones at hahahaha, it's my way of saying, HEY, this is how I see things, but bear in mind my view is full of shit just as yours or anybody else's.

Well I think is a mixture, there are nature tendencies of behaviour, and nurture based tendencies of behaviour, and of course the societal landscape plays a big rol in all of it.

They can understand math? I though they were dimwits with flower pots instead of a brain and uncapable of logical thinking at all. Lmao You know, just like men are ice-cold retards uncapable of any emotion or emotional intelligence. (Disclaimer for actual dimwits: I'm kidding alright?)

I'm quite certain that it goes much more deeper than just that, and that it is no such an unidimensional thing.
    That analysis is just shallow to my understanding, not wrong, just shallow considering how complex of a thing it is.
    Too many factors, nature, nurture, cultural landscape, hormone levels, neurotransmitters levels, health condition... again is just simply not something that you can say A or B, but we can categorically say the mode is A and the mode is B.

So if you have one sets of numbers, group A, 3,6,7,1,3,5,2,3,9,3,4, ALL NUMBERS OF GROUP A ARE 3!, Wrong, but you can see why that generalization comes from. Same goes with men/women and personality traits.

Why there is that mode, again, is a sum up of many different factors, and nature, and hormone levels play a rol in it, and certainly there is disparity on those factors. Is not all cultural, not by a long shot. It plays a big rol on stereotypes, sure thing, but is not reduced to just that, specially when it comes to personality traits, not stereotypical behaviour like your teeth example.

Again, me ape, me male, me like throwing stones at things :D

9. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

Holding extreme views as you call it is not a problem, but holding unexamined views is problem.
    Evaluate something as a extreme view can be subjective. You can say that people who think that pedophiles should be
    punished with death have extreme view, and at the other end of other spectrum you have negative extreme views like all
    black people need to die which is unexamined and wrong view.

10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I agree, I was just using the word "extreme" in a very general sense to get the point across as simply as I could.

embodiment of luck likes this.
  11. REDLIPSTICKPOP

Okay, I'm honestly confused. Tinder in itself is an app based on the most superficial concepts--appearance. You literally swipe right and left based on whether or not you find that person to your liking or not. We know this is how the algorithm of the app works, and yet we still join it. So then to assert that this app, which is highly toxic (in my opinion), justifies the generalization of women/whatever gender category is kinda ludicrous to me. Plus, you have whole swaths of people, who don't even use that app. Even more, you have a whole swath of differing apps that use a different criteria/algorithms for dating purposes (ie: Match.com/Hinge/etc.). You're basically fundamentally upset that (and this is my assumption based on what you said) women are superficial based on your experience on an app where that's literally how stuff works. The point of Tinder is to be superficial.

Wren likes this.
  12. REDLIPSTICKPOP

Okay, I completely disagree. But that's completely fine.

Though I do have to ask, how can a man have an effeminate soul, if femininity is only a thing that women can have. It's literally in the word ef-femin-iate. That should be impossible no, if only women can be feminine?

depression likes this.
  13. REDLIPSTICKPOP

soooo.... agree to disagree? LOL

One point of contention for me, is the debate between sociological and genetic influences, and which one determines to a greater degree how femininity and masculinity are impacted and influenced. I personally believe it's more sociological, but this is a debate that is still playing out in scientific study really, so for one or the other there's no definitive answer.

Another thing is, by what variables are 3's determined to be the same, and therefore generalized? That in itself, is subjective to the individual or organization doing the generalizing. Even in the sphere of genetics, you have a whole set of complex differences within DNA that make generalization difficult. What about ancestral background, regions of the world that you come from that make your DNA radically different from others? Plus, you have gaping wholes in scientific data about these sorts of things, where the results actually cannot be generalized widely because of Western bias (target populations for these studies tend to be predominantly Western-living individuals with European Ancestry=lack of equal representation.). Here's a real, scientific source to back it up (unbiased, I promise. You can fact check me): https://www.nih.gov/about-nih/what-...t/communicating-value-race-ethnicity-research

Now, the whole generalizing opinion stands true if you keep it at a shallow, easily identifiable level. Sex parts, amount of body hair, but striking the subject of personality or genetics? Not so much.

I also don't get what's shallow about saying people can't be generalized? Isn't the opposite true? At the very least, I'm making the issue "more complicated."

*gives you a stone* Have fun! :D :D

14. Daryn

Daryn Fapstronaut

First off I'm not upset lol. That's the bigger assumption right there. Sure it's partially in the matches but it's also the way that people talk to you that changes. In my experience using average looking profiles of both genders the women reply with little effort like the men are disposable while men try their hardest. It's simply that women automatically have social credibility while men have to earn it. & yeah the disparity in matches is also annoying.
    There's other stuff as well like the number of women that have blm in their dating bios but then when you actually look at dating app stats black men do disproportionally worse. It seems to me that women just say whatever's praised by the majority for the sake of validation even when their actions reflect otherwise. I think female conformity stems from being more agreeable on average in big 5 personality tests.
    You can say that it's just the women on the dating app but the same shit applies to all of social media (though to different degrees based on the platform) & sure you could say it's just online & people act differently in real life but in real life, people are subjected to different social pressures. The internet gives you the space you need to express what you actually think. I could never say what I'm typing rn without social repercussions.

15. Take_Action

Take_Action Fapstronaut

That man doesn't have a female soul. He has a male soul. He can choose to bark like a dog all his life too, but he still has a male soul. He has been corrupted if he does so, and needs to walk in the nature he was given.

16. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I meant stating that those behaviours are acted JUST because of positive reinforcement in society.

Sure, thanks for the stone by the way, I'm heading out to see to whom or what throw it to now, good talk.
    [​IMG]

17. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Didnt know the stonage monolths where a group of woman gattering around

18. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Have to admit I thought of 2001 .. "It's origin and purpose are still a total mystery." Sorry

19. REDLIPSTICKPOP

You're welcome LOL! Have fun :p