1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

productivity thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by delhiboy, Feb 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

i have a pattern of things, when i don't get passionate about life i relapse.

but its hard to be passionate at every single day to wake up at 5 every single day, and every day lost is a crawl towards a full blown relapse.

i'll try to be regular here. a general pattern too is my easy streaks of 15 days, i dont know what hormonal changes happen in body around in 2 weeks, everything feels shitty and mind keep hovering towards opposite gender. now my work life is hectic and i cannot afford to stay distracted for long, so i give in at every 15 days,

lets see if this thread gonna help in making these easy 15 days to easy 30-40 days.

2. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Regarding the first part about passion, I do believe that passion will always dwindle down to some normal level. (Note that it's not like this smooth curve. There are days where it can spike up and down, but I'm just saying that it follows the dwindling trend).

So, what I find useful is to accept that you may not be passionate at times. Acceptance will save you a lot of headache especially if you're digging a pit instead of climbing out of it. After accepting it, there are sort of many ways you can handle this lack of passion. You might take a day off (recommend fun stuff like traveling, not Youtube or Games since they're more like time machines that take your energy away). You might just go for it. Most important thing, see what's right for you. If you fear failure, well I don't know anyone who has lived a perfect life without failure. Failure is natural. Accept it.

Regarding the second part about your streak, I sorta understand the pain you're going through. First things you should remember are that both reasoning of why you should or shouldn't PMO and sometimes just emotional stubborness (saying no to PMO) are key to this journey. Reasoning will help you move in the right direction and emotional stubborness will allow you to stay in the right direction.

Second thing, even if you don't feel like, even if you feel scared to contact the Nofap community. If you faced a close call in your journey, tell it to us. We won't judge. We'll only help.

Hope you understand the principles of my words. Feel free to criticize.

3. natethegreatguy

natethegreatguy Fapstronaut

I used to have a 2 week relapse pattern too. I never really understood the cause but if I really held the line around the 2 week mark and was able to push past, my urges got easier to resist.

I think you may be being to hard on yourself, humans needs breaks, we cant be 100% passionate and chasing a goal all the time. Without breaks, we can get burned out on our passions.

But I would also consider that you may have not found your true passion yet. It might help to look into new things and see where they lead for you.