1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Fapstronaut

Check in Day 13. I've noticed an underlying sense of stress since stopping, but on the bright side my productivity has been steadily climbing. Currently, my main triggers are stress and finding myself alone, which I'm attempting to deal with through meditation, exercise, involvement w/ the fellowship (thanks guys!) and not procrastinating on work.

Congrats on 90 Days man!

2. BerhentiLontong

BerhentiLontong Fapstronaut

Been relapsing over and over because of my mood... Having a desire to restore peace in Middle-Earth should help nah? I'M IN!!!

3. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 3 Trod on

4. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Day 203...i won , yesterday was very hard..today is peace... future will be awesome,
    Again thank you everyone.
    Returning to my duties.

5. Day 12 complete! Very excited to be a hobbit again in three days' time.

@OttarrTheVendelCrow Sounds like fun! Which language will you learn?

St. Agatha, pray for us!

6. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Russian!

7. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 62. Feeling anxious this morning. I had a very vivid wet dream. I thought I woke up wondering if I had reached orgasm. I can already feel the dreaded chaser effect this morning. My mind is racing a bit and I feel worried about things that were not crossing my mind yesterday. I need to make it through this one.

8. j0rdi3

j0rdi3 Fapstronaut

Day 26.

What fine weather we are having in the The Shire this time of year.

9. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Day 118 complete. Ithilien is coming into view!

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 05. I forgot to login yesterday.
    Lot's of work to do. I did more social interactions, even went out with a friend. Sadly I didn't read anything yesterday, but hopefully I can manage to do that today. Also went to the gym.

11. americanbison

americanbison Fapstronaut

Checking in. I'd been in a really low period of relapse last week. It brought a lot of self-hate to the surface, which I'm thankful for. I have a pattern where I am happier to post on the days I feel like I'm "succeeding" and afraid when I've "failed", even though I've told myself not to follow those metrics any more. The past few days I've started taking actions again to change my mindset - setting up a habit tracker and learning a new journaling technique. I'm thankful for this challenge continuing!

12. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

My Fellowship, i regret to inform that i have relapsed. this makes 3 times now in the past 30 days, which tells that i´m downgrading in my reboot. I was fishing in the last days, careless about my triggers and payed the price. This night i couldn´t sleep even thought i tried several times. The temptations become stronger and i collapse.

There was also another thing that is still an issue to me: the counting is still nagging me. i deleted my counter as you know but knowing that i´m on this journey still creates pressure on me, like yesterday “man, still 3 more days to become a hobbit, shit :confused::confused:”.

So i definitely got to recognize that for me counting has become a burden. In the beginning of the nofap forums counting has helped me reach high numbers and many months of sobriety, but now it has become counter productive.

So i will leave the counter and the journey of the ring alltogether. And i feel relief since i took this decision. But fear not!! i will still report in ;). i will not leave the Fellowship since this thread is very valuable in the reboot process of myself and all members, and of course needs to be updated. I will simply not take part on the journey of the Ring and call myself the “Chronicler” of your journey. So ironically i will not complete the challenge that i have designed :D, but the Fellowship will help me to reboot anyway :)

So the Chronicler checks out for today. Have a great day brave Fellowship!!! See you tomorrow ;)

13. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 91!
    I'm feeling motivated and all seems good, but I noticed that my addiction tried to pull one up on me by promising good things... unproven illusions to bring me back to a place we know all too well.
    "You've done the 90 days, why don't you take a rest and relax your body a little?" the voice tried to conceptualize.
    Long story short... by this time, relapsing would be as stressful as, doing nothing on a week-end while trying to relax as responsibilities await.

14. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 165. Checking in.

Here is how I view my counter, put simply:
    It responds to me, not the other way around.

It is not a full reset if it ticks back to zero, it just marks the day that you don't meet your goals.

Onwards!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  15. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 18. Looking forward and getting stronger.

Saint Damien of Molokai. Pray for Us

16. ULYSS3S

ULYSS3S Fapstronaut

Checking in on day 21!

17. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Fapstronaut

Day 1

Currently gliding through with no issues