1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It’s worse than you think .

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Abhimanyu99, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Abhimanyu99

Abhimanyu99 Fapstronaut

I won’t say I have conquered this habit , but I won’t even say that I am defeated .

In the past 2.5 years , I have tried to defeat this habit bit by bit . It has not been defeated completely, it’s still a long way to go .

However I’ve been successful in limiting it once in every 10 days .

Many of you might think that it’s perfectly normal at that pace but trust me it isn’t .

I think masturbation isn’t normal at all . It’s a simple answer , if you can’t get any girls , you just don’t do it till then .

Bust your stress someplace else . Workout , practice a hobby. Whatever gets you off.

Abstaining from it completely doesn’t make you a superhuman . It just makes you naturally happy . You get confidence and that makes a world of difference .

Confidence is very underrated. And trust me masturbation is eating it up.

This time I want to play it long enough . Not 90 days not 150 days . Long long enough .

To the extent where I forget about it’s existence . That’s why there’s no goal . Abstinence is the goal .

Trust me I’ve gone 90 days . It’s a magical feeling .

Putting out your commitment on a public forum strengthens your resolve . That’s why I put my goal up here . You should try it too . It’s a proven psychological trick.

All major religions advice abstinence from PMO . I being a Hindu can refer The Holy Bhagvat Gita . https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/6/verse/14

God himself has told us to abstain from it .

Don’t judge me because I gave a spiritual reference. Most of us , westerners mainly don’t believe in god because they think it’s uncool .

you don’t know the depths of a topic until you dive in .

Sanatana Dharma has helped me see things clearly. It advices me to help people irrespective of their religion.

My spirituality has helped me , and I hope that yours help you too.

Cheers !

Thankyou everyone who already commented and those who will do in the future .

I really want to help anyone who wants to get rid of this . Now I am no guru, just a 20 year old boy trying to help anyone that wants it . Because I know how devastating it could be .

I’ll leave a insta handle if anyone wants to contact . @towardsabetterlife6 Now it has zero followers. So don’t feel shady, I am making it only for this while keeping my identity private .

Feel free to text . And don’t worry , your identity is private with me.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  2. Yes, natural happiness is a thing.
    This morning I had a nice meal... And you know, I just started laughing! Music plays in background, salad is perfect, banana tastes better than ever, sip of energy drink and I'm feeling like I'm high on weed, but much better than that high.
    Ohhh, yes! True happiness is worth it.

Parzival8, YoungLenny, again and 3 others like this.
  3. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

I love your attitude!

As a previous weed addict I thought back on those times a few days ago, and came to realize one thing I sought out of smoking: experiencing the moment. Weed lets you do that so easily by pushing away your anxiety. But reaching that point on your own is amazing and worth celebrating. I had a similar experience that day, being out on a walk at night, watching the traffic lights in the city. The bright red and green colors made for a beautiful sight, almost felt like watching fireworks.

4. obi64

obi64 Fapstronaut

Read my success story i think it can help

It's called "i think i cracked the code"

5. countitjoy5

countitjoy5 Fapstronaut

90 Days now but lust feels like it will tear you apart at times

6. obi64

obi64 Fapstronaut

Cold showers my guy. Use them it will change your life. Anytime you feel like you cant take it anymore just jump in the cold shower and let the water hit you for awhile. Its helped me a lot

Oliver Gunter likes this.
  7. Abhimanyu99

Abhimanyu99 Fapstronaut

Thanks mate. So nice to relate with someone.

Learn to fly again likes this.
  8. Abhimanyu99

Abhimanyu99 Fapstronaut

Have done this , has many Benefits too. But not recommended to people with medical history like high bp etc

9. Abhimanyu99

Abhimanyu99 Fapstronaut

Yea it’s a thing , however my vegetarianism has helped me tackle this . Hope you could find a way .