1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loving God with all of me

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Hey, just logging some thoughts. I find that some things make me more awake, aware, and sensitive to God, and some things make me more "dull".
    Deu 6:4-5 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
    And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
    ...with all thy might. I want to love God with all my might. I find when I masturbate regularly, I don't exactly feel guilty, but I feel spiritually dull, like I've made myself weak, like I'm not reaching out and loving God with everything I have. I also feel like parts of my brain go quiet.
    Just logging a thought. If you have anything to add, I would be interested to hear.

newtry, Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  2. Nothing to add, but I can affirm having that same feeling. PMO always left me in a fog, and it prevented me from seeing the clear light of God.

Keli likes this.
  3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

this is actually pretty interesting, I always felt guilty not feeling too guilty when relapsing (if that makes sense). But like you say I do feel dull. Thanks for sharing

newtry likes this.
  4. Soldier of Christ

Soldier of Christ Fapstronaut

It is impossible for us, of ourselves, to escape from the pit of sin in which we are sunken. Our hearts are evil, and we cannot change them. "Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one." "The carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." Job 14:4; Romans 8:7. Education, culture, the exercise of the will, human effort, all have their proper sphere, but here they are powerless. They may produce an outward correctness of behavior, but they cannot change the heart; they cannot purify the springs of life. There must be a power working from within, a new life from above, before men can be changed from sin to holiness. That power is Christ. His grace alone can quicken the lifeless faculties of the soul, and attract it to God, to holiness.
    The Saviour said, "Except a man be born from above," unless he shall receive a new heart, new desires, purposes, and motives, leading to a new life, "he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3. The idea that it is necessary only to develop the good that exists in man by nature, is a fatal deception. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." 1 Corinthians 2:14; John 3:7. Of Christ it is written, "In Him was life; and the life was the light of men"—the only "name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." John 1:4; Acts 4:12.
    It is not enough to perceive the loving-kindness of God, to see the benevolence, the fatherly tenderness, of His character. It is not enough to discern the wisdom and justice of His law, to see that it is founded upon the eternal principle of love. Paul the apostle saw all this when he exclaimed, "I consent unto the law that it is good." "The law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." But he added, in the bitterness of his soul-anguish and despair, "I am carnal, sold under sin." Romans 7:16, 12, 14. He longed for the purity, the righteousness, to which in himself he was powerless to attain, and cried out, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?" Romans 7:24. Such is the cry that has gone up from burdened hearts in all lands and in all ages. To all, there is but one answer, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29. (Steps to Christ 18.1 - 19.1)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Better Man Today, newtry and Kemar935 like this.
  5. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Yes, it does