1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, Feb 15, 2021.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Your thoughts on anxiety at night? Anyone having problem on certain nights?

2. I have this too sometimes. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling extremely anxious for no reason. I have found no solution yet. Have you had your thyroid checked? This can be a symptom of thyroid disorder.

sam30 likes this.
  3. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I have not had my thyroid checked?? What is the purpose of that? To check your brain Nerons and the nervous system ?

4. "Too much thyroid hormone production suggests an overactive thyroid, also known as hyperthyroidism. Since this disorder over-stimulates the nervous system, it can lead to rapid heart rate, night sweats, and anxiety—all of which can disrupt your ability to relax or get a good night’s sleep, leaving you fatigued."

I'm not a doctor so this is just a wild guess, it could be something completely different. Both of my parents have a thyroid disorder and had night anxiety as main symptom (after taking thyroid medication, they've never experienced it again), so this was my main clue when I first experienced this night anxiety. But my thyroid check ups were normal, so I still don't know what causes it. It could also be something in your diet. Or it could be a psychological problem rather than a physiological one. I think you should just talk to a doctor, they can help you the best.

sam30 likes this.