1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally beginning the adventure

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Pina-kun, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Pina-kun

Pina-kun New Fapstronaut

Greetings all,

Admittedly this is not the first time I have thought about getting in greater control of my habit, but it is at this time I have decided to take it truly seriously. I don't often make promises because I detest breaking them, so I have put this off as I was worried that I wouldn't make it. However, I have come to realize that I must start eventually, so why not now? As such, I hereby promise to myself that I shall abstain for 90 days, no matter the cost or struggle.

As for my strategy, it may be a little unorthodox here, but I want to do this though willpower alone because I believe that is what will benefit me the most; I don't have any problems with social media or the like as I am asexual, so I have never been aroused by the usual sort of things. For me I guess it is more of a habit I picked up as that's what all the other guys were doing, but I now want to stop wasting my time and be back to normal for the first time. In any case, I feel that if I need to block things in order to succeed then I am not achieving my own goals of self control.

If it is relevant, I am 20 and have had this habit for around 6 years I would guess.

In any case, I wish all of you the best of luck friends, we can surely achieve our goals!

2. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

@Pina-kun what are your reboot goals exactly?
    What expectations do you have?

How severe are the compulsions?

Best of luck to ya!