1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

994 words today. This chapter has ended up with me wanting to add a fair few more things to it than first planned, so it will end up being done next week and not tomorrow.

2. Finished the article I was working on, but I'm gonna sit on it today so that my mind can rest and double-check for mistakes tomorrow before sending it to the editor. I'm glad you guys liked my haiku. I ended up writing three yesterday but I think besides adding a semi-colon, the one I showed you guys might remain the same.

BTW, @AtomicTango, can I DM you something?

GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

You can, but I cant guarantee I will be able to look at it right away.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  4. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I woke up early and got 40 minutes in before work. I looked through the sections of text I pasted out during recent edits.

Most of the removed sections will remain on the cutting room floor. I think the MS is at 80k words today. I added 2k back in at the end of the 1st half. That section is at 39k words.

This evening I spent hours on a synopsis. It's going to be a time drain What a souless form of writing. It's a crazy process where a query letter and synopsis are the gatekeepers to getting a MS read.

Tommorow I'd like to reverse the time ratio back towards working on the MS more.

AtomicTango likes this.
  5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1911 words today. Not a lot left but I will play it safe and leave it for next week instead of trying to cram it into this week.

6. Okay. That's fine man.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1620 words today. Aiming to get the chapter done by Wednesday.

8. Ended up writing another haiku or so for Valentine's Day. Gonna reply to Atomic today before trying to decide how to proceed with what I had in mind for writing for the rest of the month.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Post the haiku!

10. Apparently, you guys love it when I post haikus, haha.

Icy covered trees;
    droplets of frozen water
    sparkle like crystals

(Not yet edited)

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I like it!

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1412 words today. On track to finish the chapter tomorrow.

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1505 words today. Chapters done, so I'll spend the rest of the week reading and editing this chapter, and if I get the chance, planning future chapters.

14. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

No power or internet the last couple of days has prevented my computer use... It's been a crazy week so far. Ill probably be away from writing a few more days dealing with this stuff.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I got two more chapters planned today. Going to read and edit the most recent written chapter tomorrow.

16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

When planning, I realised that one of the chapters sets off a series of events that dont make as much sense as I would like. I'm really glad I decided to start planning future chapters in much more detail weeks before I actually write them, as I am now able to spot these issues well in advance and can afford to spend the time fixing them.

Also, I'm finding it hard to shake the feeling that my story is messy and hard to follow, but I think the reason I feel that way is because of the way many things happen in the plot that dont immediately make sense, but are explained later on. For some reason, my brain cant accept planned story as being "valid" until I actually write it, and perceives lack of immediate context as a storytelling flaw when its not. There is obviously nothing wrong with teasing out context over the course of a long book instead of dumping it all at once, in fact thats probably a better way of handling it, but I still cant shake that feeling.

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Finally got around to reading and editing last weeks (and partly this weeks) chapter. 11372 words done, new page total is 357. I'd like to hope the next chapter wont take two weeks but honestly who knows at this point, I sure dont.

18. I finally got power back yesterday after spending about three days without it. I'm gonna try to work on two poems this weekend to get back into the groove of things.

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

20. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I am.

I've got power but limited water still. Its been a long week, but I'm not freaking out. I'm going to try to write a little today and this weekend.

AtomicTango likes this.