1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

mechanisms of addictions and fighting them - according to an exorcist priest

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I am a supporter of 'Community of St. James' founded in my country which aim is to lead believers to freedom from habitual sins, especially from various addictions. The community has got its own forum and platform for interactive communication, conferences, mutual prayer, meetings with therapists.
    There are some priests who help to the community ( spiritual direction ). One of them is an exorcist fr. Wojciech Drab. From today on I'll be trying to post here exceprts from his conferences or sermons directed to the members and supporters of this community.
    Because it's crucial to break up negative thought chains which produce negative emotions, desires which lead to sick relief - acting out (in our case pmo) I'm starting today from the most effective means to do so - prayer - especially prayer at the time of negative emotions,thoughts ..

prayer (from a conference of fr. Wojciech Drab):

'' The more sincere you are in prayer, the more that prayer will work. Thank you for this. . . , I'm scared . . . . , Do something about it. . . . because I don't want to . . . . Please get on with it now . . .
    There is no need to recite some fixed words . . . the more real you are in prayer, the more sincerely you speak, the better. When you remember a person who hurt you, inflicted pain, an event, then the Lord God indicates specific moments - it is the time to pray - for this person, for what happened . . .
    But we don't understand it and tear up this pain - why did this happen to me? . . . and then very politely we fulfill the plan of the evil spirit, whose point is, so that I do not hear the voice of God. You need to practice that when you remember a person or a situation that hurt you, start - Jesus, Mary take care of it. ... . . and repeat some sort of very short prayer to occupy your thoughts. . .

This is a practical way to stop adoring what is bad, unpleasant, what I can't bear - to let God take care of it. . . Every time I am reminded of something painful - God never says - torture yourself with it. ''

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    PilgrimJason, KarloMK and CPilot like this.
  2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

mechanism of addictions (from a conference of fr. Wojciech Drab):

,, The prelude to committing sin is sorrow . . . on the face of the man could be read the face of God, as long as man lived with an inward gaze, immersed in listening (to God),

It is not good for the man to be inwardly alone, it is not good for the man to leave such an inner dialogue with God, to stop gazing at the face of God. Then man ceases to reflect the outward face of God and begins to transmit this gloomy face to the world. First it starts by driving a person into dissatisfaction, with themselves, their life, their story, who they are , such perpetual dissatisfaction, complaining.

Angels are divided into two groups, choirs - one is constantly delighted, immersed in constant adoration of God, and the other group are fallen angels who are immersed in constant complaining, dissatisfaction, criticizing everything . . gloominess - and why? because they do not adore God, but themselves, and this leads them to deep dissatisfaction, bitterness, that I am still lacking something. One of the representatives of this second chorus crept into paradise and drew first Eve and then Adam into constant complaining, self-absorption, which leads to - I have nothing ... , I'm still missing something, I'm not that . . . . and unfortunately we humans subscribed to this second chorus. In such deep conviction that everything is wrong . . we went about doing things our own way, improving things.

If you let yourself get caught up in this dissatisfaction with some trait of yours or someone else's, in hating your life . . . then destroying starts fast. If you set about something in deep dissatisfaction, with dissatisfaction with what God has given me, you will only destroy. If you hate something about yourself and try to change it in hate, you will only destroy. How do you set about improving yourself and your life in hatred of how you are. And this is the condition in which Satan lives.

How did the fall of the angels happen is important because we will understand many things that happen to us. Satan was choosing between good and right - between righteous good - what should be done, and pleasurable good , i. e. what I want to do - just like in life - it is often a choice between good (what should be done) and good (what I want to do). What needs to be done is most often what we don't want to do, but there are a lot of other things we do want to do ( evil came about as a result of choosing the good I want).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    CPilot, SirPeter13 and KarloMK like this.
  3. SirPeter13

SirPeter13 Fapstronaut

How can I desire to improve myself without hating what I am now?

4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

We can hate the sin in us but we are not the sin. We shoudn't hate ourselves because we are creatures of God who made us so hating ourselves we hate God's work.
    I think that when praying we are open to God's grace of healing and improving. So He Himself improves us and produces in us some sort of hating the sin because it's sure that God doesn't like any sin. And He makes us according to His likeness, makes us, our nature similar to His - so He gives us this improvement by the means of which we can become more and more similar to Him. It's called sanctification in the terms of theology.
    So - no cause to concern. When we pray on a regular basis and at the time of temptations or bad thoughts, anger, fear, disappointment etc. God changes us because praying we are ready and open for His work in us. Improvement is not our work but God's. But He waits for our cooperation. This cooperation is our prayer, sacraments, reading the Bible, acts of love, trying to do what Scriptures and church tell us....

5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Imagine Christ's feelings toward us as sinners. Christ loves us and hates our sins but why? Our souls came from heaven and they are beautiful despite the body we make to house them in while they are on earth. God loves each of our beautiful souls, the very essence of us. He doesn't stop loving us when we sin and thus who are we to hate ourselves? Love the beauty within yourself and hate the sin which obscures that beauty.