1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Most NoFappers are low on Testosterone

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AlphaWolf1408, Feb 12, 2021.

1. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

Just a piece of information for you guys thinking that doing NoFap alone will change your life.

Most of you are low Testosterone which manifest itself as an addiction for high Dopamine stimuli (and orgasm).

When you are High Testosterone, you have high Dopamine (High T = High Dopamine).

PMO is a symptom. You should avoid it of course, but focusing on ways to increase T levels should be your #1 priority.

2. Interesting. Do you have any articles or scholarly references to back this up?

3. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Definitely can agree with this. Unbalanced T levels mess up the neurotransmitters bad. More people need to realize this in order to beat PM and to become a Man

4. Nazzedup

Nazzedup New Fapstronaut

My brain broke reading this...

5. NoFappers or PMOers ?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  6. takingthejourney

takingthejourney Fapstronaut

i think you mean fappers anybody on NoFap over 7 days has high T levels

Upwards2020 and blacklabel92 like this.
  7. I_quit1981

I_quit1981 Fapstronaut

Like most of us I’m just start just passed a week. (Trying not to count days lol) But what I found what work during this week since my T levels where not where they are now which is amazing I most say. Is do thing you have been putting off not only are you getting stuff done but also getting a little hit of dopamine.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  8. Troubled Guy

Troubled Guy Fapstronaut

Are you saying we should be taking supplements?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  9. I_quit1981

I_quit1981 Fapstronaut

If you want to you can but going nofap for 7 day get you a high T count.

10. Cortisol is counter-hormone to testosterone in men - NoFAP is not a magical wand to cure level of testosterone, together comes other factors, but the more you have cortisol the less you have T. Low level of T is more responsible for irritability and frustration than normal level of T, that gives you orientation to act forward and calm mood.

Symbol of Peace likes this.
  11. I_quit1981

I_quit1981 Fapstronaut

I agree, like yesterday at work one of my coworker workers did some thing that would usually get me frustrated but when he did and I thought about it and I just let it go and I’ve been on nofap for 8 days. Also noticed that my mind is more clear and when something happens that it’s out of my control that would get me frustrated or angry I take my time to think about it

12. AlphaWolf1408

My eyeballs.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  13. AlphaWolf1408

I never said that. The problem is Low-T. Therefore you need to fix Low-T:

- Diet

- Strength training

- Sleep

- Supplements only if needed. However, there are supplements that every man should take to have optimal T levels (since the food is so devoid of nutrients nowadays)

M Eezy and blacklabel92 like this.
  14. So no.
    Cool.

Kurama9 and primaljade like this.
  15. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Don't care about low - T.

If it's frustrating or not, whatever - just do it. Might be easier with high T but you still have to do things you don't want to do. Discipline.

16. Troubled Guy

Troubled Guy Fapstronaut

Thanks
    Which other supplements do you consider important?

17. AlphaWolf1408

Zinc, magnesium, fish oil and D3. B Vitamin complex if meat is of low quality.

Troubled Guy likes this.
  18. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Agreed, abstinence of PMO is a huge tool that should be used to help a person delve into change. Also, people who replace PMO with things like video games/social media/TV binge should not be surprised that no change is taking place, it's just trading one high dopamine stimuli for another.

Physical health cultivation and mind cultivation is necessary in conjunction with abstinence from high dopamine stimuli.

M Eezy and AlphaWolf1408 like this.
  19. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I replaced PMO with music. I listen to music for hours everyday since im clean. Is it bad too?

20. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Sosuke Aizen likes this.