1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Members

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Have you guys noticed that we lose people? They come here and then all of a sudden we stop hearing from them. What do you think about trying to reconnect with some of them? For Instance, I was having a DM/accountability with @pin and now he has not been seen here for almost a month. Does anyone happen to have any additional contact information for him? If so try and find out what's going on with Him. It may just be something we have to get used to as an online forum? The same thing has happened to me with whatsapp and telegram.

Kemar935, newtry, Akeakua and 2 others like this.
  2. @MNWinter has also been gone from here for almost a month. Has anyone heard from him on the discord server? I will look too.

Akeakua likes this.
  3. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

I've bounced on and off of the NoFap forum for years, partly due to just being in different places in my life. I have noticed the disappearing people phenomenon. I wonder if sometimes people get discouraged because they go for a while, make progress, then relapse and they are tired of coming on here and teporting that, after a year of work toward purity, they really aren't much farther on then when they started.
    I'm in no way saying that is the problem or fault if this forum. I think that sexual bondage is a powerfully entrapping force, and I believe that we so often fail to tap into the unfathomable power of Christ's victory over sin and death.

4. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

That probably won't be you, but sure some day I may disappear like everyone from this forum (except by death ofc, that will involve all of us at some point). Regardless, I pray that my faith and desire for God will keep me lifted and trying to steer away from sin until my last breath. Alas activity on this forum is not always representative of one's struggle and current status. I guess we all must accept that.
    Try asking for another contact info at the start or "middle" of your accountability partnership? That's probably the only way.

5. This is just the way of things. Some move on after recovering, some lose hope and grow discouraged, some are just struggling in all kinds of ways that do not allow for consistency here to be a priority.

The best we can do is to commit to keeping in regular contact with our APs. If the communication is broken, do not let it be from your side! :)

6. I guess t is the nature of the beast. I left after I rebooted successfully and then came back. We just need to try and make a difference while they are here.

Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  7. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Hey bro! I understand the point. I believe that on the internet human ties are very weak, and if you add anonymity to that, doubly weak. In the year and a half that I have been in Nofap I have lost several AP

Kemar935, Tao Jones and Myfortress like this.
  8. WindWolf

WindWolf Fapstronaut

I don't log on often either, but it's because as I'm progressing I find myself thinking about PMO so rarely that it would be counter intuitive to remind myself of it by loging to nofap...

Myfortress and Vir like this.
  9. Of course, once you have escaped from the prison of PMO, the next step is to help others do the same. This is a great place to do that, too. :)

Myfortress and WindWolf like this.
  10. I caught up with him on discord. He has transitioned to there.

Tao Jones likes this.