1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Two days out from attempting to cross Caradhras. Had an up and down weekend but no urges and really feeling positive about my self confidence.

2. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 32. I feel frustrated today but I’m not going to give the frustration the power to take control over me

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

As for me I have solidified 2 my most important values. First one is God and the second one is health.

4. Ruhns9593

Ruhns9593 Fapstronaut

Good Evening fellowship!

Day 6 is in the books, we march ever forward. Somebody posted a couple posts up about changing their background to a map of Middle Earth. Definitely using this for an idea! Thanks brothers!

5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

By accepting the will of God there is no frustration but by wanting your will to be instead of His there is one.

UpInSmokeTour and LuckyMan like this.
  6. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Wizard's log for Day 105!
    A new sickness has befallen on me. It is a dangerous period as all sorts of pains are spawning from all over the place in my body, and a piece of solace seems quite tempting in these trying times.
    However, I've noticed that the "reward" is not as tempting as it once was, that it has little to no pull to my body, which I can only be the result a successful reboot. I still feel the need to complain of how much in pain I am for some reason, but that has nothing to do with NoFap, while the fact that I can resist these pains is probably thanks to NoFap.
    So yeah! Keep strong Emperors!

7. TITLE - ORC
    Day 4/500
    Ratio-Day/Relapse= 16/79= 0.20
    Longest streak - 18
    Last streak - 4
    Total PMO - 225
    Total hours remaining - 11904
    Days remaining - 496
    Promise- 1 Jan 2020
    Challenges completed - 2
    1 DAYS - (24th Jan 2021)(18th Feb 2021)✓
    3 DAYS -(31st Jan 2021)(21th Feb 2021)✓
    7 DAYS -
    14 DAYS -
    21 DAYS -
    30 DAYS -
    45 DAYS -
    60 DAYS -
    90 DAYS -
    365 DAYS -
    500 DAYS -

I started listening to audiobook of The Hobbit and then I will listen to The ring series. It's helps a lot rather watching tv shows or youtube.

8. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

9. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Listening to an audiobook is a great idea! Enjoy!

10. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 179.

Felt anger today, much of it. Too much. I thought it might have to do with the recovery. The truth is that this is not likely. I might just have a bad day. Those are common with everyone. I just took a few deep breaths Not every "negative" reaction has to do with P addiction. Onwards!

11. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

12. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 1,

Ran 4 miles in strong headwinds. Keeping the drive alive. Do not let the flame die out.

Thank you for the support Fellowship

13. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

So great that you kept your head on straight and moved straight through a bad day.

Here by your side. Thank you for sharing!

14. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

I can't say today was my best day ever but it was a step in the right direction. I hope to be more productive tomorrow. Today I did a cold shower and some paperwork. Tomorrow I want to start writing again. Doubt I'll be able to go to the gym, but I could do some pushups.

I think right now the insight that I'm trying to implement is to stop dreading, avoiding, and being afraid of unpleasant things. They're always worse in my mind anyway.

15. Day 27 complete!

Not much to say. Sounds like everyone is doing well! I'm grateful to be in such noble company.

16. KingWhalers

KingWhalers Fapstronaut

Day 0/500 (Orc)

Desperate and ready on my journey to become a White Wizard.

17. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 1

I apologise for my absence brothers, I relapsed a few days ago and fell into the resulting downward spiral; as I mentioned in previous posts I’ve been having a stressful time at work, but PMO should not be my coping mechanism as it simply isn’t one.

It took this fall to realise that PMO does not have the appeal it once did prior to my first streak with NoFap (43 days), and I still don’t want to carry this burden the rest of my life, so I’m back with a vengeance so to speak.

I’ll be completing this next (and hopefully final) streak in hard mode - no fishing, no edging, and obviously no PMO. I’ve deleted Instagram and Facebook for Lent which has hugely helped in reducing unhelpful stimuli, so I may continue to have periods off social media after Lent to help me in my fight! I’ll read over what I’ve missed from the last few days, but it’s great to be back!

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What had caused your anger, before you felt it? What was the trigger?