1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

2. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

The schedule I built up in my head was messed up. Yeah, whenever things "fall out of line" from my own personal expectations, unwarranted or not, I immediately get angry. In general, whenever we (my family and I) have to change our schedule around I don't respond kindly sometimes.

3. Flatlining and eagerness to look at attractive objects still high...i dont want to look at people whom i do find attractive ,but still whenever my eyes go to them, i stare them continuosly...i am a gazing type of person...i need to come out of this!! please suggest some help

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Brother your words in red show your faith and until you change it to I'm a child of God and I'm chaste and pure, you won't be able to set yourself free. Just stop using this harmful, destructive affirmation on yourself because it is only true until you believe in it and keep repeating it to yourself.
    'Matthew 9:29. (29) Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you." Jesus says, "According to your faith let it be to you," similar to His words to the centurion whose servant was dying in Matthew 8:13. In both cases, the condition for the miraculous cure is faith. Faith opens the door for divine blessing; its lack closes the door.'

5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Do you believe in God and the divine providence?

RiseToGreatness likes this.
  6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

I don't believe in God, and I don't know what you mean by "the divine providence". Actually, what I do believe is a lot more nuanced than that but I can't put it in a way that would make sense, and I can't do that concisely while still keeping it accessible.

But, I don't think this is the place for all that.

7. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

My suggestions:
    1. Things to say to yourself,
    • "That" "object" is not an object. She is a person full of life. She has her own troubles. She has her own mind. She has her own family. She is trying to figure out life for herself. She has her own maladaptive behaviors. She has faults of her own.
    • In those moments, she is NOT doing anything with you. There is no contact, no reality. Everything that you think is happening is only happening in your head, she has nothing to do with your dopamine shots. She, whoever she is, just happens to be there. She is NOT your entertainment.
    2. You are not helpless. You have everything you need in your intellect. You just have to access it. How? There are many ways.

3. In those moments, stop and close your eyes. Take many beep breaths and feel your body's function. The adrenaline, the heart rate, the autonomic systems. Everything will start to "cool down" eventually. Become aware of your other senses, and become aware of the whole environment. Do this every time.

I guess this may seem like a lot, but with practice it everything will sort of fall into place.

Grab your life my the horns! Your thoughts aren't real, they are an aberration.

You can do it!

8. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 180 of No PMOing nor MOing

Just about half a year, six months. I feel confident that I will go years!

This time around I changed for me. The previous go of 2 years I didn't change at all. I went two years but everything, all the stimulation, still had a heavy toll on me. Before, I did it for my wife, but that just made her my enemy in my mind. It seemed like she was taking something away from me. This was my biggest mistake. This time I am doing this for myself. I take my actions. No one to blame whenever I go south, no one but myself. I see the positive changes, and I cannot lie to myself about that fact anymore. "It's not because I stopped watching P that my mind became clearer", I would tell myself. That is a flat out lie. Dropping P has changed who I am, literally.

Do this change for yourself. It is hard to see the benefit while you are in the trenches, but they are there.

May you all stand taller today!

9. If your right eye causes you to sin, cast it out and into the fire. Better that you should have one eye in heaven than walk with both eyes open into hell.

10. Day 302 of the dwarf king boogaloo.

11. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 77. Feeling good today. I had a nice workout this morning and work is busy which helps the days go by quickly. It is really important that I exercise self awareness when I am very busy like this so that I do not let the stress overwhelm me. Stress management has been key in my recovery process.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  12. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

great idea brother :). i´m gonna do that too, on all my screens! since eletronic devices are the gateway to pmo, having our journey right on front picture will help us to remind where we are and where we are going on the reboot process :)

13. RiseToGreatness

nice move bro. Keep it up with us :)

14. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

15. Your words are so wise dear, it pierced me so deeply that i really started thinking about myself, you are a true help, your instructions and clarification about each and everything seems perfect that i cant take any loop hole into it, i will surely follow my consciousness , and will change my habit of staring anyone...its a really great help .thank you so much brother #RESPECT

16. Deep words said, i will surely take an account over my involuntary actions, and will try not to make this mistake again....thank you for your suggesstion #THANKFUL

17. RiseToGreatness

i know what you mean bro. yeah, it´s kind of hypnotizing to stare at a woman´s body but it´s not good for the reboot since objetification is still in the upper hand. try to divert the prying eyes, or at least look at the face, not the body ;)

18. RiseToGreatness

bro, he´s just quoting the Uruk-Hai rank... :D;)

19. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Great to see you back and kicking! That's the spirit of true warrior!