1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else "Microedging"? Is it a sign of improvement?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Buzz Aldrin, Feb 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Buzz Aldrin

Buzz Aldrin Fapstronaut

What is Microedging?
    Microedging is when you just about to start edging & proceed to stop yourself before you get to far in.

I've been having a problem with putting my hand in position & just about to start but I stop myself. Today I was just about to massage my prostate & I stook my finger in there. I immediately pulled it out & I'm fighting the urge to stick it back in.

Anybody else have this problem?

2. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

I don't know that you need to give it a name and make it a thing if you stop yourself. Obviously it's coming from the same drive, like I find my hand going near the genitals when I'm half asleep/awake but then I don't do anything.

Even if you continue to make physical contact if you are able to continually decide not to do it that in itself is retraining your brain isn't it?

3. Buzz Aldrin

Buzz Aldrin Fapstronaut

Yeah, It's a sign of willpower/resistance buildup. (hopefully)

4. StayClean&Proactive

StayClean&Proactive Fapstronaut

Microedging is when you're rubbing your dick, but then you stop before you get aroused. My advise is to not touch your dick at all unless it's for a non sexual reason.

5. callousedfinger

callousedfinger Fapstronaut

Holding my sac or just having my hand there has been a long habit, not sure if it started before or after masturbating. My dad and older brother would often do the same.

I remember starting to do it to delay myself from peeing since I learned you can’t pee and jizz at the same time from sex ed in fifth grade.

I’ve read from others that abstaining from this helps them not think about it, but for me I haven’t had any strong urges yet regardless, although I still abstain myself

6. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

I think that you should stop prostate massaging it is not natural for humans to stick anything in there in my opinion. God bless you and keep going!

callousedfinger likes this.
  7. Iron Core

Iron Core Fapstronaut

I do microedging and I'm trying to stop, and I'll tell you why.

You see... I developed this habit of placing my hand on my penis or crossing my legs in a way that my dick would be under constant pressure, and, although I wouldn't call it masturbation, it does make me feel slightly aroused, and I've caught myself doint these things even unconsciously.

The reason I am trying to stop, and advise you do the same, is because even though it is not masturbation, it DOES release dopamine in your brain, although in smaller doses than full masturbation, and is an addictive habit. Trust me... if you keep doing this you can get addicted.

You know those little "waves" of pleasure you feel for a slight second when doing this? Like a small wave of a good sensation that lasts like a second or two? That's dopamine being released into your brain if you pay enough attention while doing this you can actually notice and feel the dopamine being released. Almost like a micro orgasm, much lighter and not nearly as intense as an orgasm, but pleasurable anyway. That is the dopamine which, if you didn't know, is the root of every addiction.

That's why I advise you try to stop... it is and addictive habit, and after some time you'll catch yourself with your hand in your crotch unconsciously. So I advise you try to stop. Like others said... try only touching your penis and etc for non sexual thing (e.g. peeing, showering, etc.)

Stay safe and strong, my friend. I hope that was helpful.

DeeJ4y likes this.