1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Men's Circle - inner kind of intimacy and social support

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Hi Folks!

As humans, as men, we have a long, forgotten tradition of sitting in male-only circles, in masculine space. Circle of men is safe space where you can share and listen to others without judgment - idea of circle is allowing to spoke everything that need to be spoken, even and especially deep pains, insecurities or joys.

Sometimes women are not the ones to listen and support our hardships because they are not men, they don't have masculine brain and hormones, ideas and hardships. They are more fragile and should stay away from some kind of our burdens.
    Men are more stronger and men are your kind of sex - the other males, with the same brains and hormonal system. Sharing in men's circle allows us to let relationship with our SO be more light and spacious.

Circle is a place where you can put off you character mask (if you wish) to dig deeper and discover yourself in other brothers story.
    This is long time forgotten medicine of being only in masculine space, and listening to other men will let you realize how similar we are in our humanly life, problems, views, ideas and joys.
    This alone helps to reconnect with masculine line in world and in yourself, and also to build more compassion toward other men. We know how it usually looks like in our life.
    Movies like "Fight Club" or sitting in pub, drinking etc are only distant mirror of what is possible in circle.
    Anonymous support groups are using the same way of support.
    But being in mens circle, having courage to attend or create one is one of the vital things to men's psyche.
    Support from other men is something that was ensured during our human history but was forgotten. I encourage anyone of you to seek or to create one - there is much and more growing circles around the world.
    I attended some of mens circle and I tell you, this is something primal and forgotten link to health - circle is medicine itself.

I wonder how are your experiences (if any) with mens circles.
    Here is one of many testimonies (source: https://www.sacredsons.com/thenetwork)
    [​IMG]

The Network

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

letting go & support
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FezMan76 likes this.
  2. Deysonn

Deysonn Fapstronaut

Nice, totally agree. While we love women, men do need to be with men.

We everyday the world gets a little more feminine and men are forced to hide their masculinity. I believe this hinders male development. I have reflected back on my life and realize that absence of strong male mentors has severely stunted my personal growth. There were so many lessons I could learnt sooner, but for the lack male community and support we all suffer.